HELP! Los Angeles Hotel Strike

Ta.Ham1989

Mouseketeer
We have a trip planned to Disneyland in October. We are staying at the Sheraton Park in Anaheim. I just so happened to pull up reviews for the hotel and noticed several poor ratings from the last few days pertaining to the hotel strike. From what I can tell there still are several hotels that still do not have signed contracts and the protestors are disrupting hotel stays. Any thoughts on if we should try to change hotels? It looks like everything within walking distance is now booked. :sad: Looking for advice etc. TIA

Just read a couple of those reviews and it sounds absolutely brutal for the hotel guests. No idea on whether that would still be happening next month, but if it was me I'd find another hotel with a lenient cancellation policy and book it as a backup plan asap. Then monitor the situation and cancel one of the hotels closer to the stay. We usually book hotels within walking distance, but a couple of times have been a bit further away and used Uber/Lyft. Never had an issue with that and it does save the walking at start/end of the day. Cost was not bad (about $7 per ride on average), and the only time we had delays getting a ride was if we waited until park closing then exited with everyone else and the pickup lot got hammered. Otherwise no biggie at all doing that and would rather be further than kept up by drums/horns/nutjobs, etc.

Definitely change--it's better for you and the striking workers. Hopefully it will encourage the CEOs to settle faster, too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter