• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

HELP! Is the mr potato head fill a box gone?

ashmatia24

Earning My Ears
i read a review of once upon a toy from 8/18 saying it was gone...please tell me that's not true. We don't go for a few months and my son would love this!

I'd like to know too, was going to do it for my son. We go next month. Hopefully someone else will know before I go. If not, I'll report back

Boo! I am so sad! I can only hope it comes back. I can't believe they would get rid of it - always seems so popular!! Thanks for the update.

They took it down on the 20th of August (we were there the day before - it was there, then that day - it was gone). Looked like they took it away to make room for Halloween merchandise, so maybe it'll be back when all of the holiday celebrations are over.

Oh dear!! That's the souvenir I was most hoping to get.
Crossing my fingers it will come back!
Was it only at one store?

Also very curious to know if it is/was only at once upon a toy? Or if there are other places to purchase?!?!

They did used to have one at Animal Kingdom in Dinoland but that one has been gone for a while now. Don't know if there is anywhere else.

We were there 8/15 - 8/25 and the CM I spoke to at Once Upon A Toy said the Mr. Potato Head pieces were "retired." From the looks of it, that store has now turned into a Tsum Tsum depot with other plush toys for sale too. Coincidently, this past weekend my wife showed me that on the Disney Store website you can buy different Mr. Potato Head outfits for about $20 each. Not sure if this is the route they decided to go down or if they will bring the various pieces to the new Toy Story Land.

Boo! I have seen those kits and its like the same price as the fill a box for just a few pieces. And its not the same - the fill a box was a novelty and fun to do. I am not going to buy a Darth Vader Mr. Potato Head but I will buy the fill a box. I guess its a money grab. Sad thing is my son has no interest in the Tsum Tsum craze. I am very disappointed :(

YES. :( We went on August 21, and the Mr. Potato head was gone. My 6 year old had been waiting for a year to do this. Poor thing, she cried and cried. They couldn't tell me if they were bringing it back or where it was going, but half the store is closed I believe for the new Virtual Reality. I wonder if they will bring it to Toy Story Land?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter