HELP! I lost my DVC - AP! UPDATE--PAGE 3!

As far as the AP goes, no worries as you state, however the other tickets would have the fingerprint scan on them and could not be used by others.

Good luck to the original poster, hope all turns out okay!

While, in theory, I agree that the biometric scan should prevent anyone else from using the pass, when lines are backed up I've seen (and been behind people when) CM's "override" without asking for id to match the signature on the back.

Don't mean to be all doom & gloom but... just pointing it out the possibility.

Update...have you heard anything yet? Keeping the pixie dust going your way...hope it's good news!

Hi all--I finally have the update and it is GREAT NEWS!

I just got off the phone with Undercover Tourist (where I purchased the MYW tix). I had my receipt with order # etc., but it turns out that they don't even need that. All she needed was my name...and poof! There was all of my order information...

AND SHE HAD PHOTOCOPIES OF THE TICKETS--BAR CODES AND ALL!!!

:cheer2: :cool1: :cheer2: :cool1: :cheer2: :cool1: :cheer2: :cool1: :cheer2:

She is faxing them to me right now!

When I get to WDW next month, I will need to go to Guest Relations with my photo ID and DVC blue card to get my annual pass replaced. At the same time, I will provide them with the photocopy of the tickets and they will replace them with the correct number of days, etc.

I AM SO SO HAPPY and RELIEVED! Sure, it will be a bit of a hassle to deal with Guest Relations when trying to get to the parks, but it is worth it not be out the money. I know that I can get my DVC AP replaced at Guest Relations in DTD the evening we arrive (since we don't go to the parks on arrival day), but I am not sure if the DTD location can replace the MYW tickets or if I have to be at a park to deal with that. Anyone know?

Thanks so much for all of the pixie dust! :love:

Well done! Always good to have a happy ending :goodvibes
I lost two one day tickets - I thought they were gone forever - they turned up nearly two years later!

Y'ay! I'm really relieved for you. I know how you feel - I had to get 5 tickets replaced this May and I was really stressing over it.....right up until a very nice CM at the Downtown Disney Guest Relations replaced them within about 5 minutes, with no hassle at all. I was so grateful - it turned out to be a wonderful way to start our trip!

Hi all--I finally have the update and it is GREAT NEWS!

I just got off the phone with Undercover Tourist (where I purchased the MYW tix). I had my receipt with order # etc., but it turns out that they don't even need that. All she needed was my name...and poof! There was all of my order information...

AND SHE HAD PHOTOCOPIES OF THE TICKETS--BAR CODES AND ALL!!!

:cheer2: :cool1: :cheer2: :cool1: :cheer2: :cool1: :cheer2: :cool1: :cheer2:

She is faxing them to me right now!

When I get to WDW next month, I will need to go to Guest Relations with my photo ID and DVC blue card to get my annual pass replaced. At the same time, I will provide them with the photocopy of the tickets and they will replace them with the correct number of days, etc.

I AM SO SO HAPPY and RELIEVED! Sure, it will be a bit of a hassle to deal with Guest Relations when trying to get to the parks, but it is worth it not be out the money. I know that I can get my DVC AP replaced at Guest Relations in DTD the evening we arrive (since we don't go to the parks on arrival day), but I am not sure if the DTD location can replace the MYW tickets or if I have to be at a park to deal with that. Anyone know?

Thanks so much for all of the pixie dust! :love:

Yeah! Glad to hear it! I do believe the DTD Guest Services will be able to not only do your AP but will also be able to give you the other passes as well! Glad to hear you're not out the money!!!!!! Have a great time, and some pixie dust being thrown your way!!!!!!

YAAAYYYYY!!! I just saw the update and I am so happy for you!
Way to go Udercover Tourist!:thumbsup2 Have a great trip!:wizard:

:cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

Glad everything worked out.

FWIW, I have always found the Guest Services CM's to be most helpful & very quick. They should be able to help with all your needs.

Have a great trip!

Wonderful news. That must have saved you a fortune on money and headaches.

That happened to me once with the 7 day park hopper plus tickets I had bought for my family. Fortunately I had scanned the backs onto my computer to get copies and the files were still there in the picture folder so guest services were able to replace them at no cost.

I never thought about the ticket agents actually keeping copies of the backs of the tickets though. Very useful info that is.

UPDATE!

Ok, so we leave for AKV in ummm...about 10 hours! Too excited to sleep, so I must DIS :rotfl2:

Anyway, I was packing what I call my last-minute bag...stuff for the plane, etc. This is the same bag I used for our May trip. Now, I swear I checked this bag like TWN times when I was looking for those lost ticketas. No luck.

But today, when I went to load it up for this trip...lo and behold--MY MISSING TICKETS! All of them...my DVC AP and all the rest...all there and safe! With just hours to go before my trip! What a great way to start--the magic is already here! :goodvibes :banana: :cool1:

I wasn't too stressed since I knew I could replace the DVC AP without much hassle. And Undercover Tourist REALLY came through and supplied me with photocopy back-ups of the lost tix. So I knew that I would be ok...though I was definitely not looking forward to the headache of taking care of this at Guest Relations with 3 kiddos anxiously waiting to get into the park!

But now...IN we'll walk....to stroll right down the middle....

:cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cloud9: :cloud9: :cloud9:

So glad you found them! I hope you have a GREAT time! :wave:

I am so happy to hear you found your passes! Have a great trip (or hope you had a great trip, since you have already left as I write this) and be sure to tell us all about the AKV. We are going to try to change from our BWV Std V. 1 br in May to a Sav. V. 1 br at AKV.

Yay, glad to know it worked out! I learned a thing or three here too.

:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter