Help..Change Fantasmic dinner plans/do MK instead?

Kristina

DIS Veteran
I'm doing it again! Ready to change our itinerary :earseek: ! I'll need your help though, to make the right decision! See, we are booked for the Fantasmic Dinner package on Sunday Nov. 7 however since the MK is open that day until 10.00 pm, I'm thinking maybe we should go there instead? We will be starting the day at AK and that would mean we wouldn't have to catch the bus all that early back, rather we could do AK as we please then hop to MK when we are ready. My question is, well is this a good idea :confused: ? Is there a good chance the MK will be horribly crowded? I guess so since they are keeping it open so late, but I'd love to stay late one evening. The park must be beautiful at night! Our first day at MK will be on the tuesday Nov. 2, so we will have seen alot of it and done hopefully lots of attractions.
Of course I want to reschedule the Fantasmic dinner, and I'm thinking tuesday Nov. 9th. Would only cancel if I could get this date or another, not sure if it's still possible so late.

Any opinions would be welcomed, thanks in advance!
Kristina :wave:

We just got back-- I would keep the Fantasmic package-

We had a GREAT dinner at Mamma Melroses and the show was fantastic!! I liked it better then the parade!!

Cool :D ! We are going to Hollywood and Vine but only because it is the least expensive! Way back I had wanted to do Mamma Melrose, but the way this trip is going, well it's turning out to be quite expensive! I haven't done anything about our Fantasmic ressie....yet! It's probably to late to get another one for a different date, and I know we want to do the package.

* goes off to have another peek at the Mamma Melrose menu ;) *

Kristina

When they extend park hours that late, it is precisely because they expect it to be crowded. I would trust their judgement. That doesn't necessarily mean it will be unbearable or you couldn't have a good time, but expect it to be crowded.

Their website shows it is only open until 9 (not 10), with no Spectromagic parade. So it may not be as bad as you fear. Go ahead and give it a try if you want.

I just went on Disney's site and it states that on Sun 10/7 MK is open till 9:00 and there is no SpectroMagic. The MK is open till 10:00 on Sat 10/6 and SpectroMagic is at 9:00. As SpectroMagic is not shown every night (and I am not sure when you are going and leaving) double check the schedule if you want to see SpectroMagic. We usually base our late nights in the park around parades and nighttime shows. II am sure the nights that SpectroMagic is shown the park will be extra crowded. f you do not want to see SpectroMagic it does not matter.
Linda

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter