• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Help--any chance for BoG walkin today?

joyebean

Mouseketeer
Today is our last day at WDW Andrew no ADRs came free at BoG the whole time. What is the standby/walkin experience like? Is there a chance? Should we strategize for a certain time? Is it just hopeless? What is your best advice, given that it will be a year or three until our Nextel trip?

Thanks in advance!!

There chances are slim to none. There is no strategy other than to go right at opening - which you have missed - and ask. It happens rarely, so give it a try

You can try, I guess but I think you'll be disappointed. I might try right when lunch starts.

ETA: Whoops. That would be now.

Same thing happened to us during our November 2016 trip. I asked the CM at BOG check-in about possibly putting our name on a standby/ waitlist. She said they were not accepting any standby guests. As I was about to walk away, she asked how many people were in my party. I stated 4. She said I should log onto MDE and try to snag a reservation for 1, which are usually available, then go to check-in and try to modify it to 4 guests 20 mins before the reservation time. She said as long as they weren't at capacity, they would try to honor the request. I did just that and they were able to get us in. They stated they're not always able to make that work (due to fire code limitations re: capacity), but it's worth a try. Just remember not to expect the modification or be angry if they can't adjust it for the additional guests since they're in no way obligated to. Good luck!

I was able to get an 8am reservation for 5, for TODAY, this morning at 6:45am! :D Unfortunately, I'm not in Orlando today.............I messed up the date on the MDE.o_O

Anything's possible.........but as others have said...........would be most difficult for dinner.

Doug :goofy:

Your best bet would have been to be a vulture yesterday hoping to snag a cancelled ADR. Sorry :(.

If you are in MK, go over NOW and ask! We've walked up for a late lunch twice. If you go for lunch at off-times, you may have a chance. We were also only a party of two so that may have helped. For dinner - chances are slim to none.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter