Height Requirements and Growth

MamaShoosh

Earning My Ears
My son is 3 years and 9 months old. He’ll be 3 years and 11 months when we go to Disneyland California for the first time (he’s visiting the US for the first time as well) - I don’t want to mess with the height requirements in any way at all, I’m just curious if any of you have stories or examples of your nearly four year old shooting up an inch or two? My only concern is “Radiator Springs Racers” which is at 40” and my son is 39” right now (with Vans on) . Cars is his favorite Disney movie and I’m just hoping beyond hope he gets to ride it.

My son does typically grow in pretty fast bursts of 1/2 to an inch at a time. I can't remember if he hit one like that right before he was 4, but he certainly has grown over an inch in 2 months. There is still hope!

Even if your son isn't quite tall enough, there are the 2 other rides and lots of great things to see and experience, so there will still be something to do :)

It's not unheard of for a kid to shoot up an inch at that age. If he's recently had a growth spurt it's less likely. I find if I stay on top of giving my kids their gummy vitamins vs 3-4 times a week when I catch them before they brush their teeth they seem to grow--this could be purely coincidental.

I honestly feel like my kids grow a ton over the summer. I think it's the fresh air, sunshine, variety of in season produce and sleeping hard after a day of play.

My son is 3 years and 9 months old. He’ll be 3 years and 11 months when we go to Disneyland California for the first time (he’s visiting the US for the first time as well) - I don’t want to mess with the height requirements in any way at all, I’m just curious if any of you have stories or examples of your nearly four year old shooting up an inch or two? My only concern is “Radiator Springs Racers” which is at 40” and my son is 39” right now (with Vans on) . Cars is his favorite Disney movie and I’m just hoping beyond hope he gets to ride it.
if he is close to height requirement make sure you try that ride early in day and do not try for a second ride later in the day or later on another day if he was able to ride earlier in trip

if he is close to height requirement make sure you try that ride early in day and do not try for a second ride later in the day or later on another day if he was able to ride earlier in trip

This! My son was tall enough for Space Mountain then was just under the height requirement. It was very disappointing for him since he'd previously rode it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter