Heigh Ho, Heigh Ho, It's off to run we go! A new and improved Teetz running Journal

Well I am still crazy busy. Running has been cut down a bit right now due to that. This week I started coaching football and our State Fair started which I work. If you want to follow along on my food adventure with that add me on Facebook or on Twitter. I am taking guesses for how much weight I will gain during the fair. @Keels is worried about my cholesterol.
The county fair is in the town where I live and I've only been once. And that was only because one year they had a Weird Al Yankovic concert so I paid the cheap fair admission and got a Weird Al concert. Never been on any rides or bought any fair food. We asked my parents when I was little if we could go to the fair and they gave us the choice. We could go to the fair or we could go to Disneyland. Not a hard choice at all.

Participation/numbers for football at out school is down which is never good. We will make the best of it and try our best of course though.
Is this a continuing trend? I'm curious as to how much impact brain injury concerns is having on youth football. One thing that bothers me is that so many professional players refuse to try technology that could reduce concussions because "they look silly."

I am debating signing up for the Brewers mini solely for proof of time for January but it probably won't be a great time anyways with my current lack of running. The race is at the end of September so I still have some time but likely wouldn't be a great training cycle. At the very least it would help with my wine and dine training.
I signed up for the San Francisco Giant race as a possible proof of time race. Given that I'm highly unlikely to actually obtain a proof of time that will place me in a better corral, I'm using the race to test a @DopeyBadger training plan and see how it compares to the Galloway plan that I've used exclusively to this point.

Anyone have any costume ideas for me for runDisney races? I am slacking and have been so busy I haven't even begun to think about that. I was thinking a Chef Mickey theme maybe for Wine and Dine.
What about Remy or Linguini from Ratatouille? Plus that could make for a great photo if Remy and/or Emile are along the course. They were both at the After Party in 2012 in the France pavilion where Aurora normally meets.

The county fair is in the town where I live and I've only been once. And that was only because one year they had a Weird Al Yankovic concert so I paid the cheap fair admission and got a Weird Al concert. Never been on any rides or bought any fair food. We asked my parents when I was little if we could go to the fair and they gave us the choice. We could go to the fair or we could go to Disneyland. Not a hard choice at all.

Is this a continuing trend? I'm curious as to how much impact brain injury concerns is having on youth football. One thing that bothers me is that so many professional players refuse to try technology that could reduce concussions because "they look silly."

I signed up for the San Francisco Giant race as a possible proof of time race. Given that I'm highly unlikely to actually obtain a proof of time that will place me in a better corral, I'm using the race to test a @DopeyBadger training plan and see how it compares to the Galloway plan that I've used exclusively to this point.

What about Remy or Linguini from Ratatouille? Plus that could make for a great photo if Remy and/or Emile are along the course. They were both at the After Party in 2012 in the France pavilion where Aurora normally meets.
I love the State Fair. I can't imagine not going too it.

I would say over the last couple years yes numbers have been dropping. I don't think it is just a concussion thing though. You can get a concussion in any sport you play and especially a sport like Soccer where there is no head protection at all. I think injury and just lack of ambition by today's youth is part of it. Kids today don't want to put in the time and effort for the reward. They just want the reward.

Good idea but I am not really sure how I could do Remy.

Are people still reading this thing?

Well I am still crazy busy. Running has been cut down a bit right now due to that. This week I started coaching football and our State Fair started which I work. If you want to follow along on my food adventure with that add me on Facebook or on Twitter. I am taking guesses for how much weight I will gain during the fair. @Keels is worried about my cholesterol.

Participation/numbers for football at out school is down which is never good. We will make the best of it and try our best of course though.

I am debating signing up for the Brewers mini solely for proof of time for January but it probably won't be a great time anyways with my current lack of running. The race is at the end of September so I still have some time but likely wouldn't be a great training cycle. At the very least it would help with my wine and dine training.

The Milwaukee Marathon race event is back on during a new date this coming year also under new management. I ran the 10K with several Disers last year. However both he 10K and Full were incorrectly measured so we didn't run the full distances. This will be the 3rd new ownership group in 4 years of this event I believe. Maybe its just doomed?

Anyone have any costume ideas for me for runDisney races? I am slacking and have been so busy I haven't even begun to think about that. I was thinking a Chef Mickey theme maybe for Wine and Dine.

Well that is all for now...

Still here! That race sounds like a mess. We have one similar here that is always under new management. This year they had ONE water stop during the half marathon. I have never been so happy that I had my water bottle with me.

For W&D I am dressing as my two favorite snacks at Disney, but I love the Chef Mickey idea!

Still here! That race sounds like a mess. We have one similar here that is always under new management. This year they had ONE water stop during the half marathon. I have never been so happy that I had my water bottle with me.

For W&D I am dressing as my two favorite snacks at Disney, but I love the Chef Mickey idea!
Yeah I don’t know if I will do that race event again anytime soon.

I like the snack idea!

Are people still reading this thing?

Well, I skim more than I read, but that has less to do with you and more to do with my lack of an attention span.

@Keels is worried about my cholesterol.

Just maybe stay away from the cheese. Shouldn't be hard. It's not like cheese is a big thing in Wisconsin.
(Also - some of the stuff you've been posting on twitter looked really good!)

Do it! I find that having a race coming up within the next month or two helps keep me running even when I just want to stay in bed.

The Milwaukee Marathon race event is back on during a new date this coming year also under new management. I ran the 10K with several Disers last year. However both he 10K and Full were incorrectly measured so we didn't run the full distances. This will be the 3rd new ownership group in 4 years of this event I believe. Maybe its just doomed?

Interesting. Is anyone from around here running this year? I kinda want to see if this new management screws anything up...

Chef Mickey is a fun theme idea. Maybe it's just my old age talking, but I kinda am not a huge fan of costumes just for the sake of doing something. If you have an idea, go with it. But if you can't think of anything that interests you, don't do something just because you feel like you need a costume. It's okay to run not in costume. Only about half the people will point and laugh.

Well, I skim more than I read, but that has less to do with you and more to do with my lack of an attention span.

Just maybe stay away from the cheese. Shouldn't be hard. It's not like cheese is a big thing in Wisconsin.
(Also - some of the stuff you've been posting on twitter looked really good!)

Do it! I find that having a race coming up within the next month or two helps keep me running even when I just want to stay in bed.

Interesting. Is anyone from around here running this year? I kinda want to see if this new management screws anything up...

Chef Mickey is a fun theme idea. Maybe it's just my old age talking, but I kinda am not a huge fan of costumes just for the sake of doing something. If you have an idea, go with it. But if you can't think of anything that interests you, don't do something just because you feel like you need a costume. It's okay to run not in costume. Only about half the people will point and laugh.
Well I already had cheese curds and mozzarella sticks and deep fried lasagna so...

Good point, I just might do it.

I haven’t heard anyone from here or anyone I know running the event yet. It won’t be until April 2019 as they moved the date.

I’ve only really ran in a costume twice and that was this year. I just haven’t had time to think about it or do anything yet.

Foodie update!

Saturday I worked elsewhere (not at the State Fair) so no fair food...

Sunday I was off but guess what! I still went to the fair.

So...

1. Wrecking Balls - deep fried stuffing balls topped with sour cream, bacon, cheese, and chives
2. Giant Dill Pickle
3. Strawberry Sundae
4. Giant WI brownie
5. Shared another Combo plate
6. Mint milk
7. Famous Catalano Lemonade

Onto more foodie adventures tomorrow!

The fair food sounds amazing. Although I can only eat little amounts now and I haven't been in ages. Sounds like a lot of fun.

I always like the idea of running in a costume but I am such a procrastinator that it usually just ends up being a color coordinated outfit. Haha. But I think that Pizza Planet costume would be fun.

The first thing I saw on Twitter today was those pulled pork sliders and I can't stop thinking about them.

I always like the idea of running in a costume but I am such a procrastinator that it usually just ends up being a color coordinated outfit. Haha. But I think that Pizza Planet costume would be fun.

The first thing I saw on Twitter today was those pulled pork sliders and I can't stop thinking about them.
They were awesome!

Fair Foodie Update! Day 5 is complete...

1. Cattlemen's Cheeseburger (WI beef)
2. Pulled Pork Sliders
3. Deep Fried PB&J
4. World Famous WI State Fair Cream Puff

Onto Day 6 tomorrow...
Was all of this consumed in the same day? :teeth:

Fair Foodie Update! Day 5 is complete...

1. Cattlemen's Cheeseburger (WI beef)
2. Pulled Pork Sliders
3. Deep Fried PB&J
4. World Famous WI State Fair Cream Puff

Onto Day 6 tomorrow...

I am going to need this deep fried PB&J. Actually everything you've listed so far sounds incredible.

PB&J. Sounds awesome, how was it? I could live on PB&J. Glad I never tried it deep fried. I'd be hooked.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter