Heather.Mohler's "Picking Myself Up, Dusting Myself Off" Journal

Heather.Mohler

Mouseketeer
I'm starting over again. I'm not run down or scared of limiting my food the way I had been last time, so I think I have a much better chance this time. I always thought of this weight loss thing as being something that happens to you, not being done by you so I never achieved anything (not surprisingly). This time, I know I can do it and I will succeed. Weigh-ins are Saturdays, so I'm really looking forward to Saturday to see what I have accomplished this week. Also, my mother and I have decided that for every half pound we lose we will pay ourselves $1 towards spending money for our October WDW trip. Even if I only lose 1-2 pounds a week, that is still an extra $40-50 - and more importantly 40-50 pounds gone! I can't wait to buy my next pair of jeans one size down! :cool1:

It is almost 11:00 pm and I have to get up at 5:00 am, so this is just a short post to get myself going. Yet again it comes down to simply making the effort to start!

Good luck and God bless in your weight loss efforts this week!
Till next time,
Heather

so last week was my first official weigh in at Weight watchers this time around. I weighed in at 393.8. When I had weighed myself at home the saturday before I was 394.8. When I got home from the meeting last week I weighed myself on my scale to see if they match and my scale showed me another pound down, so figuring the difference, I lost 2 pounds my first week. Meager, but at least it was a loss. Each time I've started a "diet" I lose A LOT of weight. Last time it was 12 pounds the first week. So 2 pounds wasn't what I was looking for, but I have developed a much more healthy outlook and saw it as a win since I didn't gain weight (which I would have if I hadn't started to watch what I eat). I had given in a few times over that week, eating a burrito one day, a regular coke, a cheese quesadilla with the works another time, and an order of tater tots another day. Looking back that REALLY sounds like a lot, so I'm not surprised that I didn't lose more. But the difference between this time and last time is that I would have (and did) let this stop me back then. This time I just took it in stride. That's what those weekly points are there for!

Today was my second weigh in, the first to show an official difference in my records. And I lost 5.8 pounds! I am now down to 388. Not a good number by any means, but the further away from 400 I get, the better. I'm no longer the biggest I've ever been, and that is a huge relief. My mother is taking this journey with me yet again (she keeps me going each and every day, and not just with weight loss). We had decided when we first started that we would each get $1 for each half a pound we lose to put on a Disney gift card for our next trip. Today she decided it needed to be $1 per quarter pound, which made me very happy! Losing 7.8 puts me at $31 after 2 weeks!

Looking back over the week I can see at least one thing I want to do differently this week (I bought a box of Entenmann's Snickerdoodle Mini Muffins, 5 points per bag) but I did a lot right. I had no fried foods, no restaurant meals (thanks to Spring Break), and I got at least 30 minutes of exercise each day.

Exercise was made fun by downloading the Nike+ GPS app on my iPhone. I have the sensor in my shoe, but it has stopped working so I bought this app and it is amazing! It has incorporated a diary to accompany the GPS mapped route I take. WELL worth the $1.99. I would recommend it to everyone. I also took a step today to make it easier to exercise and cleaned off my back porch and moved the treadmill out of the storage room into the fresh air. I can walk at night without having to worry about safety and it isn't so hot. Living in Georgia, that is definitely a concern - even this early in the year.

Last thing I'll mention is something my Weight Watchers leader said today that really struck a cord. We spoke about how we usually lose more when we first start because it is water weight, but what it really is is a substance that burns much quicker than fat. Once that is out of the way you begin to burn the fat itself and that is much slower, so naturally you lose less than before. Always before, when I would stop losing in such big numbers, I would get so discouraged and think I was doing something wrong. I just couldn't figure out why I wasn't losing 12 pounds each week. (Dumb, I know.) But now that I know WHY it slows down, I don't feel bad about it. I know to expect it and I have the reason, so it is not discouraging at all. My goal is to lose 2 pounds per week, which will put me at losing around 60 pounds by the time we go on our next WDW trip. And (this only hit me today) I will weigh little enough to be able to take part on the Wild Africa Trek that my mom and brother are going to do. I never cared about it before (since I couldn't do it), but all of a sudden it sounds incredibly cool! I can't wait!

Have a fantastic week everyone!
Heather

Hi Heather!

I think 2 pounds a week is a great goal. Just think where you will be a year from now at 2 pounds a week!

We did the Wild Africa Trek in December and it is really fun! Another great goal.:goodvibes I posted some pics on my journal if you are interested.

I think you have a good attitude this time around. There are good days and bad days. Good meals and bad meals. The point is to keep moving forward.:goodvibes

I wish you lots of success!
Rose

Congratulations in taking the first steps of this new journey! You won't regret what you get out of it. Hold strong. :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter