Heading to Montreal in July

Frwinkley

DIS Veteran
We will be attending a concert next July at the L'Olympia. Can someone suggest a good hotel, maybe 300-350 cdn, that would be within walking distance of the venue (no more than a 20 minute walk) but would also be centrally located to our sights, restaurants, etc.

We will be driving from the US, so I'd be interested in a place with onsite parking (paid would be fine).

Thanks so much!

Hi, so that venue is East on St. Catherine Street. Personally, I would never stay East, only West. It isn’t a long walk, like you mention 20-30 minutes.
There are so many
Delta Hotel by Marriott
Fairmont by Queen Elizabeth
Intercontinental Montreal.

I am not sure on parking inside, but there are a ton of parking lots downtown, very safe with daily rates.

All these above hotels are walking distance to St.Catherine street, which is the Main Street, which is where you want to be, Like I mentioned, i just would not stay east, it’s a little sketchy.

Hope this helps, any questions, don’t be shy.

We will be attending a concert next July at the L'Olympia. Can someone suggest a good hotel, maybe 300-350 cdn, that would be within walking distance of the venue (no more than a 20 minute walk) but would also be centrally located to our sights, restaurants, etc.

We will be driving from the US, so I'd be interested in a place with onsite parking (paid would be fine).

Thanks so much!

I love Marriotts for their point system (LOL) so here are my 2 recommandations:

A 20 minutes walk would be staying at the Marriott Springhill Suite in Old Montreal. It's a quiet area and you would also be within walking distance of great restaurants and other amenities as well as enjoying a stroll in Old Montreal/Port. It's my go to hotel whenever I'm in Montreal: free breakfast, great room, love the location

A 5 minutes walk would be staying at the Fairfield Inn by Marriott on Berrie Street. I've stayed there too, nice renovated rooms, free breakfast, etc. You're also within walking distance from the subway should you want to explore the underground cities, amenities such a IGA grocery, banks, restaurants, etc.

Thanks so much!
The area around the Olympia isn't the best in my opinion. Here are some recommendations, but they are a little further away:

Hotel Place d'Armes - 20 minute walk
Hotel Nelligan - 25 minute walk
Westin - 25 minute walk
Intercontinental - 25 minute walk
Humaniti Hotel - 25 minute walk
W - 30 minute walk

I believe all have parking, but not 100% sure.

Not sure where you are from in the US (the driving style in your city, etc), but driving in Montreal is a nightmare in my experience. Pretty aggressive. Anyhow, give yourself lots of time to get anywhere once you are near Montreal.

Yes, we’ve driven there once before and found the traffic to be difficult. We are from the east coast, so are used to aggressive driving. The goal is to leave the car at the hotel and wander around by foot or public transit.

Yes, we’ve driven there once before and found the traffic to be difficult. We are from the east coast, so are used to aggressive driving. The goal is to leave the car at the hotel and wander around by foot or public transit.

Efrant seems to agree with me lol. Trust this 😀. Area is great for a concert, just not the area for a hotel stay. He/she gave great hotel options also. Between the two, you have great choices. If you want more, don’t be shy.

Can anyone recommend a suite hotel? We like modern hotels with a bit more space than a standard hotel room.

Can anyone recommend some good spots?

I’m considering The Cantlile Suites. I’m not interested in the Residence Inn, since they do not have convenient parking.

Can anyone recommend a suite hotel? We like modern hotels with a bit more space than a standard hotel room.

Can anyone recommend some good spots?

I’m considering The Cantlile Suites. I’m not interested in the Residence Inn, since they do not have convenient parking.

To be honest I have only stayed at the Delta due to work, and the old Queen Elizabeth (now Fairmont), because my Grandmother worked there. Having said that, The Cantille is smack downtown, you can’t go wrong. Arrive, park, walk anywhere. Also, there is a pool, July can be downright hot and HUMID. Not sure the length of stay, but even if it’s short, it can be refreshing after walking
downtown.

Thanks so much!

It may not be at a 20 min walking distance but I would go to Hotel Nelligan in the Old Port.

I honestly wouldn’t stay at any hotel in L’Olympia’s area as it’s not very nice but the Old Port is perfect and pretty close.

The Embassy Suites (Old Montreal) is a 20-25 minute walk to your venue.

They are not cookie cutter Embassy Suites. They are all unique and more like apartments. Mine was huge. My SIL did a Hilton upgrade due to points with work, and theirs was exquisite. The area is beautiful and peaceful, two seconds to Notre Dame.

And then you are right near the Port.

Regardless of where you choose, have a wonderful stay.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter