He finally said, "I do!"

tinkrbells

Faith, trust, & a little Pixie Dust
I am so tickled I could just burst into tears.
After going to Disney for 5 years in a row, it has paid off.
We were looking into purchasing DVC, but I didn't think I could get DH to go for it.
We are avid NASCAR fans and go to a lot of races, so I thought he would feel that this is "taking away" from our race fund. But DH said he knows how much I enjoy Disney and that if I wanted to buy into DVC, that would be fine with him. I almost fell over.

BUT then he said, "I enjoy roaming around down there too and I get a big kick out of watching you. " Before, it was just, "It's all right" or "It's neat." But finally, he admits that my fondness for the Mouse's House, isn't so strange!

tinkrbells:bounce:

CONGRATULATIONS!

You had me going there with your thread title.....;)

And the best part is, if you are going to WDW every year anyway, you will end up with MORE money in the NASCAR fund because of the savings from DVC! So you'll have your fun and get some nice "smart points" from your DH.

So, are you buying into VWL?

Congratulations!

And Yes, you WILL save money going with DVC! We only wish we would have seen the light sooner so we could have saved more!;)

I appreciate you pointing out that we would be saving money for NASCAR races in the long run. That did earn me smart points with DH. When I pointed that out, his face just lit up like, "I hadn't thught of that!" Where is your home resort?
I'm really excited about the fact that when we buy, VWL will be our home resort. We stayed there in Feb and we all loved it. Even DH, who doesn't like the price of Disney said that he liked WL the best.

tinkrbells

tinkrbells.....

Our home resort is VWL also...we just joined in July and have already booked two visits there for 2002.

We had stayed at the WL resort our last two visits so this was an easy decision for us, and an easy sell to my DW. As is the case with so many others, I just wish we would have stopped by the DVC desk on our first visit in 1998!

We thought it was just another high pressured time share, locked into a certain location and week every year.

Oh well, you gotta' look forward, not back, and all I see for the rest of my life are great vacations in deluxe accommodations.

I can see you combining some WDW or Vero Beach stays with some Daytona racing....you're living the dream!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter