Hawaii COVID Testing

I would love to know how this goes! We’re leaving on a Thursday and still debating whether to do Long Beach for $20, vault, or try Walgreens. 🤔
Hi! It’s been 32 hours and still no email from Walgreens 😬😬..mentally prepared to take the rapid test at lax tomorrow...we just got our second vaccine doses today so just praying we don’t get false positives. Not stressed at all 😂

Hi! It’s been 32 hours and still no email from Walgreens 😬😬..mentally prepared to take the rapid test at lax tomorrow...we just got our second vaccine doses today so just praying we don’t get false positives. Not stressed at all 😂

That is very stressful...but you are smart to have a back up plan.

Your vaccine should not interfere with your COVID test as the vaccine does not contain a live virus.

Oof, thank you for responding! Hoping it all works out for you, and I’ll definitely be removing Walgreens from my list. 😆

Update: re
Oof, thank you for responding! Hoping it all works out for you, and I’ll definitely be removing Walgreens from my list. 😆

Unfortunately that option is completely unavailable in California 😕

just received my result from Walgreens! Crisis averted lol. Pro tip: set up an account with the lab Walgreens uses to get your results (ours used labcorp). I probably would have gotten them sooner but I was waiting for an email from pwnhealth as Walgreens stated in my appointment confirmation email.

I just got my ID NOW negative bad have uploaded it to safe travels. My flight leaves on Sunday and I have added my four year old.

Is the system smart enough to recognize that my daughter doesn’t need a test and provide a QR code once I qualify for the questionnaire?

The system has already approved my negative test.

I will share our experience- we are in the DFW area of Texas. We had created our safe travels accounts last week. We leave on 5/15. I was able to schedule my appts at Walgreens on Monday the 10th for Thursday the 13th. I chose Walgreens due to price. Our appts were at 9:30 and 9:45am. We pulled in and were done within 20 minutes. They collected nothing from us insurance or money wise. I asked and she said the testing was free.

We received our test results by email at 11:07am. I uploaded to safe travels and was approved via automated process. It was a huge sigh of relief for that to be done. We will do our questionnaire tomorrow. Also, I will update after landing and getting to Aulani with how the rest of the process goes.

Thank you for all the information here. It really helped me choose Walgreens over CVS. I am lucky to live in an area where the ID NOW test is readily available.

I will share our experience- we are in the DFW area of Texas. We had created our safe travels accounts last week. We leave on 5/15. I was able to schedule my appts at Walgreens on Monday the 10th for Thursday the 13th. I chose Walgreens due to price. Our appts were at 9:30 and 9:45am. We pulled in and were done within 20 minutes. They collected nothing from us insurance or money wise. I asked and she said the testing was free.

We received our test results by email at 11:07am. I uploaded to safe travels and was approved via automated process. It was a huge sigh of relief for that to be done. We will do our questionnaire tomorrow. Also, I will update after landing and getting to Aulani with how the rest of the process goes.

Thank you for all the information here. It really helped me choose Walgreens over CVS. I am lucky to live in an area where the ID NOW test is readily available.
Thanks so much! We leave on the 19th and I'd love to hear your experience at HNL airport.

Thanks so much! We leave on the 19th and I'd love to hear your experience at HNL airport.
We flew from Houston yesterday, with United. Prior to boarding we got pre-cleared at a desk set up next to the gate and received a wrist band (had to show the QR code received through the Hawaii Safe Travels site). Upon arrival those with wrist bands were fast tracked through to bag claim; otherwise wait time for clearance on arrival was estimated to be 2-3 hours.

Just want to make sure - You got the regular Walgreens test or the ID NOW?

Are there any reports out there of the ID NOW taking longer than 24 hours?

Just want to make sure - You got the regular Walgreens test or the ID NOW?

Are there any reports out there of the ID NOW taking longer than 24 hours?
When we took ID NOW at Walgreens, they gave us a number to o call if we didn’t have results in 24 hours. Both times we had our results in about an hour. PCR test can take up to 72 hours.

The landing process is no joke and not for the faint hearted. I recommend using restroom on plane before you land or after you get baggage.

We got off the plane and immediately are in a line. You show your QR code and then sent into one of two lines - one for connections and one for Oahu. The line for Oahu turned into four lines that cover the open air bridge. We were off the plane at 2:40 and across the bridge at 3:17pm. Once past the bridge, they will send to you a desk to have them scan your QR code and ID. It did not help that our plane took a long time to deplane due to a jet bridge issue. It appears that several planes landed at the same time. Also, there was zero social distancing.

All bags were stacked and waiting off the belt by the time we got there. We got to the rental car at 3:42. No line at hertz to check in and we were upgraded and wound up paying less due to a discount! We had some trouble getting the third row seat to lay down.

We got to Aulani @ 4:20. There was a very long check in line. All people in your party have to log in to safe travels so they can see you were screened at airport. All adults will need picture ID. They will not check you in without the whole party. We were checked in and to room by 4:58pm.

Not my most favorite experience landing Hawaii but I’m better today. Just prepare your kids and be ready to patient. I would recommend not making early dinner reservations due to e length of time you may spend at the airport. Apparently, our 40 minutes was pretty good for the QR line. Good luck on your trip!

The landing process is no joke and not for the faint hearted. I recommend using restroom on plane before you land or after you get baggage.

We got off the plane and immediately are in a line. You show your QR code and then sent into one of two lines - one for connections and one for Oahu. The line for Oahu turned into four lines that cover the open air bridge. We were off the plane at 2:40 and across the bridge at 3:17pm. Once past the bridge, they will send to you a desk to have them scan your QR code and ID. It did not help that our plane took a long time to deplane due to a jet bridge issue. It appears that several planes landed at the same time. Also, there was zero social distancing.

All bags were stacked and waiting off the belt by the time we got there. We got to the rental car at 3:42. No line at hertz to check in and we were upgraded and wound up paying less due to a discount! We had some trouble getting the third row seat to lay down.

We got to Aulani @ 4:20. There was a very long check in line. All people in your party have to log in to safe travels so they can see you were screened at airport. All adults will need picture ID. They will not check you in without the whole party. We were checked in and to room by 4:58pm.

Not my most favorite experience landing Hawaii but I’m better today. Just prepare your kids and be ready to patient. I would recommend not making early dinner reservations due to e length of time you may spend at the airport. Apparently, our 40 minutes was pretty good for the QR line. Good luck on your trip!
After reading this I regret not booking United so we could of gotten cleared before our flight. We are flying American from LGA through Dallas. We are going in September. I am hoping by then we will not have to test before arrival if you are vaccinated. But I‘m not that confident that it will change by then after listening to the Governor of Hawaii talk about mandates and regulations.

After reading this I regret not booking United so we could of gotten cleared before our flight. We are flying American from LGA through Dallas. We are going in September. I am hoping by then we will not have to test before arrival if you are vaccinated. But I‘m not that confident that it will change by then after listening to the Governor of Hawaii talk about mandates and regulations.

We are scheduled to fly American, too. I’m surprised they don’t do pre-clearance since they are such a large airline.

Update. Especially for my DFW folks. Went to get an ID NOW test from Walgreens (HEB area) on a Monday afternoon, got my results back in 2 hours! And yes, to confirm, ID NOW is a valid test as of this post.

Update. Especially for my DFW folks. Went to get an ID NOW test from Walgreens (HEB area) on a Monday afternoon, got my results back in 2 hours! And yes, to confirm, ID NOW is a valid test as of this post.
That’s so awesome to hear- I’m seeing more and more ID NOW availability opening up all over the place

Sharing my experience with Walgreens ID Now in Colorado. I took my test at 1pm yesterday and when I didn't have the results by 1:30pm today I called the pharmacy. The person I spoke to was super helpful and said they had the results but hadn't had time to email them. So while I was on the phone I received the email from PWN health with my negative test results. Over the last month they added more pharmacies giving the ID Now test. When I looked a month ago I was going to have to drive about 40 minutes but when I went to schedule the test on Sunday, the 4 Walgreens in my city were offering the test. So keep checking.

My sister took her test at Kaiser in Southern California and she got her results in less than 24 hours. Time to finish packing now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter