Having a GRAND time - the NEW Official GF Chat Thread PART 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Channing Spinach squares sound yummy too...share the recipe...please...:)

:rotfl: :rotfl: OH...we posted at the same time!! OK...here it is!!! And then I have to get something done around here. Maybe....if I feel like it....:rotfl:

i was just thinking...spinach dip....spinokopita...spinach squares....there is a theme in this house.....but my kids love it!:rotfl:

Here ya go!

Spinach Squares from the Chicago Tribune.
:upsidedow

4TBS Butter or Margerine
3 eggs
1 C each flour and milk
1 tsp each salt and baking POWDER
12 oz SHARP cheddar cheese shredded
2 pk 10 oz frozen chopped spinach thawed and drained

350degree oven....melt the butter in a 9X13 pan while the oven is preheating.

combine together eggs, four, milk, salt, baking powder and then whisk in the cheese and spinach. (it will be thick and gloppy) Pour this goo into the preheated pan with the melted butter in it and spread it out. Bake for 35 min....cool for 10 minutes and cut into squares....

YUMMMO!!! Everybody loves this stuff.:thumbsup2 It's easy, no fail and good.

PS..Blue Skies...I just got a Vera Email!!:rotfl: I LOVE that night owl pattern!! I wasn't crazy about a lot of their newer ones, but I thought that one was adorable.:goodvibes

And where is Deb? :confused3 And Traci & Kristin for that matter?:confused:

CHan;)

Hi,...OMG:rotfl2: ...my crazy friend Heather sent me this. It is appropriate for bdays...and Christmas.....it's about 4 minutes long but it's cute.;)

http://www.casttv.com/video/vofcxp1...usbands-in-the-dog-house-funny-web-film-video

OK...I have to run!! TTYL!:thumbsup2
CHan:goodvibes
That is GREAT!!!
My husband will never forget the Mothers Day that he gave me a pack of gum, a snickers bar and some chap stick. For some reason he thought that allowing the kids to pick the gifts was a good idea. :confused3 (He bought exactly what they said...did not think to suggest anything.) He will not make that mistake again. :rolleyes1 He spent several holidays in that dog house.

Oh! I am back.:rotfl:

The kids most favorite thingy is Saganaki. It is yummo big time.It's easy but one year I singed my hair and the ceiling.:rotfl2: I had too much brandy in it.....or whiskey or whatever i had on hand to flame it.:rotfl2: Plus I probably had already drank a bit too much of whatever I was flaming it with.:rotfl:

If you want that recipe let me know...it's easy but scary.:rotfl2:

Dawn...bummer you're sick!!!!! Feel better quick!! I have had a lame oh day....did some housework, some laundry, grocery shopped, and now just this. I am defrosting chicken breasts for dinner though....have to watch that microwave.:rotfl: I will email you about bfast!!

I used to think the cold weather "preserved" me.:rotfl: OMG...I am such a dork. :rotfl2: Now it dries the tar out of my skin. I hate it. I want to move south. All you northern gals...let's pick up and move and be roomies.:rotfl:

Chan:goodvibes

The kids most favorite thingy is Saganaki. It is yummo big time.It's easy but one year I singed my hair and the ceiling.:rotfl2: I had too much brandy in it.....or whiskey or whatever i had on hand to flame it.:rotfl2: Plus I probably had already drank a bit too much of whatever I was flaming it with.:rotfl:

Dawn...bummer you're sick!!!!! Feel better quick!! I have had a lame oh day....did some housework, some laundry, grocery shopped, and now just this. I am defrosting chicken breasts for dinner though....have to watch that microwave.:rotfl: I will email you about bfast!!

I used to think the cold weather "preserved" me.:rotfl: OMG...I am such a dork. :rotfl2: Now it dries the tar out of my skin. I hate it. I want to move south. All you northern gals...let's pick up and move and be roomies.:rotfl:

:lmao: Ya everytime i take off my black socks they are white ith dry skin...ick..and i use tons of moisturizer!

:lmao: Ya everytime i take off my black socks they are white ith dry skin...ick..and i use tons of moisturizer!

DAwn.
..that is wicked nasty! :rotfl2: I just feel so dry and itchy...burning itchy!!! :scared: Me too with the moisturizer.....and I am SICK OF BEING COLD!!!!!:mad: :mad:

I can't believe we are getting MORE FRICKEN SNOW!!!!!:eek: I am shivery cold NOW sitting in my kitchen...and the back sliders won't close all the way because they got snow in teh track and Tatum loves to go out and LIE in it...she is happy as a clam. But she would love to live near an ocean beach too.;) I want to move....the older I get the more I hate this. And I am OLD.:rotfl: Well..feeling OLD....midlife crisis old.:rotfl:

I have to go dig out the sliders....crap. Where is a guy when you need one?:confused3 :rotfl2:

Chan

Chan: I'm ready to move, just tell me when to start packing.:lmao: They just showed Chicago on our local news. BRRRRRR. We have the ice and snow, but it is about 20 here. I think it is supposed to warm up and rain on Wednesday.

Dawn: Sorry you are getting sick. Hope you are feeling better soon.

DAwn.
..that is wicked nasty! :rotfl2: I just feel so dry and itchy...burning itchy!!! :scared: Me too with the moisturizer.....and I am SICK OF BEING COLD!!!!!:mad: :mad:

I can't believe we are getting MORE FRICKEN SNOW!!!!!:eek: I am shivery cold NOW sitting in my kitchen...and the back sliders won't close all the way because they got snow in teh track and Tatum loves to go out and LIE in it...she is happy as a clam. But she would love to live near an ocean beach too.;) I want to move....the older I get the more I hate this. And I am OLD.:rotfl: Well..feeling OLD....midlife crisis old.:rotfl:

I have to go dig out the sliders....crap. Where is a guy when you need one?:confused3 :rotfl2:

Chan

LMAO.........i know gross! I even use the neutrogena skin oil in the shower! and my humidifier is going 24/7

Hey has anyone ever used Airborne??? I have been using it for a day and going to see if it really works.

DAwn.

Chan

Make that a southern ocean beach. I live near the ocean and it is cold.:rotfl2:

Channing Thanks for the recipe...I'll be trying that one too...I'm gaining weight from this thread....:rotfl: All DHs need a trip to the dog house IMO..!!

Dawn Feel better..its sucks to get sick at this time of year...

I'm ready to move lets go....gimme the sunshine...no men to clean up after...no kids to clean up after....:rotfl:

Make that a southern ocean beach. I live near the ocean and it is cold.:rotfl2:
Me TOO!!! Ugh. It is not really fun to live 15 mins from the beach if the water is so cold that swimming in July causes teeth chattering.

Chan, I'll move south with you.(and anyone else :)) There's a castle plenty big enough to house all of us. (Cindy won't mind if we move in with her :rotfl: )

Shel......I've got a MIL already so I think I'll pass on yours :rotfl:. I agree with Dawn...can't pick the family :rolleyes1.....but most of us are right there with ya though and feel your pain :headache:.

Wendy.......Your kids can have ALL our snow :rotfl2:. I'm about fricken tired of it :headache:. It's too cold.....it's still icey EVERYWHERE :mad:....and they're calling for MORE :scared1:. I'm with Chan.....ready to move outta here :rotfl:.

Dawn......WTG on the cleaning :thumbsup2. Sorry you're not feeling well.....hope you get better soon and it doesn't get worse :flower3:.

Hey Chan....I'm here :yay:. I've been baking goodies (AGAIN) for DH to take to work tomorrow. I made another batch of Greek cookies and went to make more peanut butter balls and I ran out of powdered sugar :scared1:.....so I had to run to the store :headache:. But got back quick and made a double batch of those and I'm done until after dinner when I make peanut blossom cookies :). Those are the least time consuming so I left those for last :thumbsup2. We're having chicken breasts for dinner too :goodvibes. Sounds like you had quite a time at the grocery store.....couldn't even find a place to park :eek:........that's crazy busy :scared:. But I bet you're glad you went ahead and got it done :rolleyes:. I like your idea of Christmas Day.......open presents, munch all day, and lay around in your pjs...couldn't get any more relaxing :santa:.

Maxie......Keep that spring countdown going :thumbsup2.

I've been wondering where Kristin and Traci have been as well :confused3??

All you gals moving south COUNT ME IN......I'M READY :rotfl: :rotfl:.

Deb :upsidedow

As you Chicago Gals head south please swing by NY and pick me up, I'm freezing!! :goodvibes (where's a freezing smilely?) Miami's looking good at 80 degrees, how about we hit South Beach?? Any takers???:confused:

Thanks for the recipe Chan. I have to write out my grocery list for tomorrow. It's getting longer and longer :)

As long as the Costco Dip is good, that's good enough. It's for DS4! I don't think he'll comment on it :rotfl: Maybe I'll pour it into a sourdough loaf for him, it is a holiday :rotfl:

Thanks Dawn for the Basin info. :thumbsup2

So what do you gals in the Mid-West use for moisterizer? My cheeks are so dry! Anyone try Creme de la Mar? I always forget to ask for it for Christmas. It costs a small fortune but it's supposed to be a miracle cream.

Off to go make the boys a frozen deep dish pizza and DH and I some pork chops.

Stay warm!
Mare

OK lets go south.:thumbsup2 We can argue about where we are staying once we get there.:rotfl:

Vanessa,
have a safe trip and a WONDERFUL Christmas and vacation!:goodvibes

It feels so late..it's so dark. Jo is still in her pjs. :rotfl:

Deb...wow you were a busy baker! And there's MORE!!:eek: That's how we were a few weekends ago. I took a bunch out of the freezer today to defrost for Xmas. OMG..the store was JAMMED>..I went to Jewel today. (Just for variety:rotfl: )....and good thing I had LUcy with me...although she isn't a ton of help..she is on my heels like a shadow...but I could say STAY WITH THE CART and I could run down the aisle to grab what I needed. It was a ZOO. :scared1: I hope that is my last grocery run......I would like to get to Costco for that spanikopita...but unlikely. Jo is going to be disappointed....but that's life. Learn it young.:rotfl:

I am starting to wonder if Kristin didn't get that bug...she has been MIA for a while now. Hmmm........not like her not to at least check in with her drive by posts.:rotfl:

I hope Marvel checks in again later. It's the next best thing to being there.:)

OK! TTYL,

Mare Swing by and pick me up too:thumbsup2but drop me off at disney...ok:rotfl:

Have you ever tried arbonne (did I spell that right)...they have a nice all over moisturizer....I cant use enough skin cream in the winter either....cold weather=awfully dry skin....:sad2: I like lubriderm too...

Adding this to the list of reasons to move to Florida....

Hey gals :goodvibes

Just checking in while waiting for dinner to get done.

Chan......It's a good thing Christmas only comes once a year because I am soooo done with baking......it's been a crazy couple of days :crazy2:. I still have my other cookies to finish after dinner but those shouldn't take too long :goodvibes. I took DS with me when I ran to the store earlier as it's always nice to tell them STAY PUT while we run down a crowded aisle :rotfl:.

Mare.....Good luck grocery shopping tomorrow ;).

I hope Kristin didn't get the flu bug :sick:.

Gotta check on dinner......catch you gals a little later :cool2:.

Deb :)

Chan - Come down to South Carolina and we can be neighbors!:goodvibes

LMAO.........i know gross! I even use the neutrogena skin oil in the shower! and my humidifier is going 24/7

Hey has anyone ever used Airborne??? I have been using it for a day and going to see if it really works.

Dawn - it really works for me but ONLY for colds. As soon as I get a little tickle in my throat I start taking it about every 4 hours for 3 - 4 days! If I start too late or don't take it long enough, it doesn't work as good. I only took it for 2 days over Thanksgiving so I think thats why I got worse at WDW. But I had a house full of sickies for Thanksgiving so I may have just gotten another bad cold.
I should've started Airborne at WDW again right away but I was too busy riding Aladdin at 11pm in 30 degree temperatures!! Oops! I had the worst sore throat that night! :sick:

Have you ever tried arbonne (did I spell that right)...they have a nice all over moisturizer........

I'm reading all these posts so fast, I thought you said Airborne for skin! I'm thinking, wow that stuff works on everything :rotfl2:

Gotta get the boys ready for bed, but just wanted to share that Pottery Barn Kids is having a sale on their backpacks and lunch boxes with free shipping. I ordered DS4 one for next Sept. I'm so sick and tired of these Disney Store backpacks ripping and the zippers breaking off. We're on our second backpack in two years of preschool! I figured for $56 for both a backpack and lunch box made of quality luggage material and personalized with his initials, that should get him thru a few years of school! I'm hoping until he graduates this school in the 8th grade! :rotfl2: I think starting Kindergarten we can ditch the Little Einsteins backpack :lmao:

http://www.potterybarnkids.com/shop/k/kids-gear/backpacks-duffles-lunch-bags/index.cfm?cm_type=lnav

The small ones are really small (like Preschool size). I went with the Large Peyton Tonal Backpack in Green with grey personalization and the Peyton Retro Lunchbox in Green with grey personalization.

(I'm a Pottery Barn Kids addict :rotfl:)

Night everyone! I'll be busy grocery shopping tomorrow!
Mare

Hey Gals!
I have been a busy Martha Stewart wannabe but promise to be back in full chit chatter mode after the holidays!

I just wanted to wish you all a Very Merry Christmas!!!!:santa:

Safe Travels to Marvel, Vanessa and anyone else I am missing:flower3:

Kristin

All you cold gals need to come be my neighbors.... I wont even torture you with a weather report! BUT we had a cold snap today..... You all would laugh at my idea of cold! :laughing: I made Siobhan mad when we were on the phone earlier, she heard me tell my kids i had to get some flip flops on to come in the back yard...... she was like FLIP FLOPS! It is 1 degrees here! :rolleyes1

If you want to see snow stay in the Carolina area, but if you are sick of it come fly down to Sunny FL! We got hurricanes, but hunkering down ain't so bad! Normally brownies are involved :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :thumbsup2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter