Have you gotten sick on (or after) a ride?

Here's my disclaimer: I get motion sick on almost everything, including in swimming pools and on the parking lot tram. I take one Bonine every day when we go to WDW. I also don't enjoy rides with big falls. My "never have done, never will do" list included ToT, RnRC, Space Mountain, Mission Space, Star Tours, Primeval Whirl, Everest, Teacups, AstroOrbiter. I have done Splash Mountain about 6 times but choose not to do it anymore. Barnstormer made me sicker than any other ride I've ever been on- I did it once and will NEVER do it again!

Here are my experiences on the things I DO ride (remember that I take Bonine each day):
BTMRR- this is my favorite ride in all of WDW! I can ride it once, but find I feel queasy by the end if we ride twice in a row. I am OK riding it several times if there are several hours between rides.
Dumbo and Aladdin's Carpets- Not too bad, sometimes it makes me a little queasy but it goes away quickly.
Jungle Cruise- mixed bag. I think it's the smell that bothers me more than the motion.
Soarin' and Philharmagic- sometimes I close my eyes during the "swishy" parts, especially when Aladdin and Jasmine are soaring through the streets.
7DMT- I thought I was going to be ok, until we stopped outside the cottage at the end of the ride. The motion sickness overwhelmed me and it was all I could do to hold it together until I got off the ride. I sat for about 30 minutes, sipping soda (not diet!), until I felt well enough to get up and walk around.
TestTrak- sometimes the fast, outdoor part makes me queasy, but it passes quickly.

No problem with the Safari or Kali River Rapids! No experience with FEA or anything in Pandora as they are all new and I haven't ridden them yet!

hats off to you, you are truly a trooper!

My hubby has some dizzy issues and took a sea sick med before FOP. He can't ride mission space. He tried once and it messed him up for the rest of the day.

Took my niece back in February and there were barely any lines. We were at MK and she wanted to go on space mountain. Typically this will not make me sick but when you go on 5 times in a row, it could make you sick. Since there was no line, we went over and over to the point of me giving up (keep in mind she is 16 and loves roller coasters but did not want to go by herself and my wife was with my 3 year old so I was stuck). Has to sit down on a bench since everything was spinning.

I haven't, but on my last trip, a friend of mine got sick on Tower of Terror... she actually threw up! Thankfully it wasn't as bad as it could be, as she was sitting right next to me. :/

Mission Space made my whole family hurl. I can't look at the monorail now without thinking about puking in the flowers in the monorail post bed while it goes whizzing by overhead. That ride could fall into a sinkhole and I wouldn't bat an eye.

I am 63 and live local so go all the time. I especially like the coasters and Tower of Terror. I take 1 meclazine on the way to the park and can ride all rides many times and have no issues at all.

Mission Space! Depending on intensity I find the ride either dull or nauseating.

Yup Mission Space did me in many years ago. I didn't lose my insides but I was laying on a bench for 2 or so hours, sipping a Sprite. I can't do EE back to back. Need a break after the first go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter