Have we not learned by now that Phone & E-mail CM's dont' have a clue?????

I posted this on another thread, but thought it might be relevant here as well. When I wrote to Disney I asked that they get the answer to my question form Food and Beverage, and let them know that I wa salright withthe answer taking a bit longer so long as it was accuarate information. The response I rec'd was this:
Thank you for contacting the Walt Disney World Resort.
We appreciate your interest.

Members of your party do not have to be together to order meals.

We are very pleased that you and your family will be vacationing with us and we appreciate your
desire to make your visit as comfortable and enjoyable as possible.

Our Food & Beverage department advises that guests may share an entree at most of our dining
locations. The exceptions to this would be buffets, plated meals and Dinner Shows. Please
understand that the cost of entertainment is included in the price of Character Meals and Dinner
Shows.

Teens may order from the children's menu, however, the credit will still be deducted from your plan.

If you have questions or need further assistance, feel free to contact us.

Please include your full name, E-Mail address, and reservation number if applicable on all
correspondence.

Thank you!

Basically these are the answers to the questions that I sent them and they were the answers I expected. I'm going on vacation and want to have the most flexibility I can have for the enjoyment of my family. I have no one, not listed in my room that I want to feed and I only have "adults" in my party.

:rotfl: :rotfl:

Weeeelllll .... BEFORE I posted the above "shame shame" on myself I had sent out the exact same e-mail ... TWICE ... just to see if I would get two different responses. I kinda did...

Now this was a very specific e-mail.

Here goes MY e-mail:

We are repeat customers of the dining plan and were planning on using the plan on our upcomng trip.

However ...

We have been told that you can no longer share meals if you are on the dining plan. For example:

If my party of 5 (2A 2J 1C) were to go to an ala carte table service such as Le Cellier or Concourse Steak House ... would we not be allowed to only order 3 meals and share them amongst ourselves AND only be charged 3TS credits?

If this is true I would like to know. Also, if this is true I would like to know why.

The dining plan information states that you may use your credits in any amount until they are all used up.

Which is correct?

Thank you

HERE IS RESPONSE # 1:

Dear XXX,

Please know table service meal credits for non buffets and non character meals are based upon meals ordered.

We look forward to your next visit.

Please include your full name, E-Mail address, and reservation number if applicable on all
correspondence.

Thank you!

Here is response 2:

The Magic Your Way Dining Plan is designed to provide each person 1 Table Service Meal, 1 Quick Service Meal and snack per day.

If a party of 5 is dining, 5 Table Service Meals should be used. You may, of course, inquire at each restaurant as to if they allow sharing.

correspondence.

Thank you!

We look forward to seeing you soon!

Sincerely,

Debbie Grant
WDW Online Communications

I LOVE the SHOULD part ... could you tip toe around the issue more than that!? ROTFLMAO

Of course ALL the e-mails say this:

PLEASE NOTE: All information is subject to change without notice.

Which is Disney Speak is: We can change the rules on you at any time and you can't beotch about it!

LOL!

I'm cool :smokin: no matter what (minus the cig. yeck!!) so a big fat "whatever" over here! We will ask if we can share and if we can kewl ... if not ... oh well. I have resigned myself to this.

WDWO

I'm certainly not going to get my hopes up regarding sharing. All four of us are adults on the plan (which will be free) and we were wanting to let our kids use the appetizer as their entree at a couple of restaurants. If it flies, great. If it doesn't...we'll cancel the extra ADR's we made to use up leftover credits. No biggie as deep-down I feel like we will still have more than enough food and will probably be sick of planning our entire stay around what restaurants we have to be at for a certain time vs. just going with the flow and being more spontaneous (which is our normal vacation style and hasn't failed us yet!).

That first reply was really off-target wasn't it? It discussed how the credits would be deducted, but didn't address what would or wouldn't be allowed in terms of what can be ordered for whom.

Is there any reason you didn't include the name of the CM who wrote that? It might be useful for following-up on it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter