Have a Photopass Question? Ask me!

Do Photopass Photographers mind if you ask them to take your photo with your own camera?

I've heard that they don't mind, but I thought I'd ask it here since you are a Photopass Photographer and I'd love to know your opinion on this.

Thanks!

Thank you so much for this thread. It is helpful, though I am still confused about something. We have Magic Bands and have purchased Memory Maker. Do we also need to get a card somehow?

Sorry, also meant to ask about this, quoted from the Disney site itself:
"Disney PhotoPass photographers will scan all MagicBand(s) just like a Disney PhotoPass card. You will still need to show your Disney PhotoPass+ card to receive your select Attraction and Dining photos. Attraction and Dining locations will still validate the expiration date of your Disney PhotoPass+ card before associating your photos to your Disney PhotoPass card."

This makes very little sense to me - I'm just not getting it. Why do I need a card? And where do I get it? Sounds complicated, and I don't know why I'm so dense about this!

Do Photopass Photographers mind if you ask them to take your photo with your own camera?

I've heard that they don't mind, but I thought I'd ask it here since you are a Photopass Photographer and I'd love to know your opinion on this.

Thanks!

No I don't, but please only one camera with a strap. That way I can put it around my neck or on my wrist when I use my camera. If you are with a character the attendants (the ones in the blue shirts) will help out also. However, if there is a large party I physically can't hold onto three cameras and then use mine. If there is a large group determine one camera to be "the" camera. Then you can email the photos. It's a little redundant to have a group of eight people who all want photos on their cameras/phones especially when the photos will all look the same and it's so easy to share photos.

Sorry, also meant to ask about this, quoted from the Disney site itself:
"Disney PhotoPass photographers will scan all MagicBand(s) just like a Disney PhotoPass card. You will still need to show your Disney PhotoPass+ card to receive your select Attraction and Dining photos. Attraction and Dining locations will still validate the expiration date of your Disney PhotoPass+ card before associating your photos to your Disney PhotoPass card."

This makes very little sense to me - I'm just not getting it. Why do I need a card? And where do I get it? Sounds complicated, and I don't know why I'm so dense about this!

I think you might be a little confused between Photopass+ and Memory Maker. Photopass+ was created before magic bands so the cards are necessary. However, that product is no longer sold. Assuming you purchased a photo product since October, you probably have Memory Maker. Some people have their MM linked to their band and never receive a card. Some (mostly those who aren't staying on property or those who bought MM in the park) use a white card with Mr. or Mrs. Incredible on it. Either works.

Attractions are a little weird. Back before MM and the bands, you had three options for attraction photos - you could get off the ride and by a digital or print photo, you could get Attractions Plus which is just all your attraction photos, or could have PP+ which was all your photos plus attractions. They would scan the red PP+ card after you get off the ride.

Now, if you have MM or not on your band, the attractions people can't really tell. I guess it goes on the honor system. They way they look at it is even if you don't get MM you would still have to purchase the photo anyway. They are even trying to link the ride vehicle to your band so the photo will automatically go on your band. However, this is in testing and does not automatically happen all the time.

Here is the important thing though - attraction photos and PP photos are two different systems. People will come up to the view stations all the time looking for their attraction photos and we have to send them back to the attraction. There is nothing we can do. It's your responsibility to make sure you get your attraction photos after the ride.

I'm planning on doing a massive run on character photos while I'm there this weekend, since MM will still be active. I'm planning on one "normal" shot of me and the character smiling at the camera, then one "crazy" posed shot (or a few, depending on how crazy that character is that day). On the plus side, I won't have extra stuff with me, just my MM card to hand to the photographer as I walk up. I'm assuming that works well for you, because you can be working on attaching the photos as I'm walking back to you? At least that's what I saw the people doing when I was there a few weeks ago. They'd just tuck it in a pocket, take the pics, then pull it out and scan it (I've got my name on it so I make sure I don't get something odd back by mistake).

I'm really easy to spot, I have pink streaks in my hair, so if you see me, let me know. :D

Slight modification ... no more pink streaks :( I have a job interview on Monday afternoon, so I went to the hairdresser and had them colored over. Boooo. But I'll have a bright DIS green CamelBak backpack with me, so maybe that will help. :)

No I don't, but please only one camera with a strap. That way I can put it around my neck or on my wrist when I use my camera. If you are with a character the attendants (the ones in the blue shirts) will help out also. However, if there is a large party I physically can't hold onto three cameras and then use mine. If there is a large group determine one camera to be "the" camera. Then you can email the photos. It's a little redundant to have a group of eight people who all want photos on their cameras/phones especially when the photos will all look the same and it's so easy to share photos.

Thanks for the info! I really appreciate it. Luckily, it's just the 4 of us (me, dh, ds & dd) and 1 camera :)

I love the magic shot with Naveen. Is there a usual location for this one?

Also, we're going to Star Wars Weekends. We're planning to meet all the characters (not the celebs). Are there photographers for many of these characters?

Thanks so much for this thread by the way! It's exactly what I was looking for.

Do you know if the Cinderella Coach will be an option for photographs at the Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party for dates in 2014? I couldn't find it at the 2013 party. If so, do you know where it will be stationed? pixiedust:

Following. Never bought any disney photos, and pretty sure we're doing MM for our October trip.

I love the magic shot with Naveen. Is there a usual location for this one?

Also, we're going to Star Wars Weekends. We're planning to meet all the characters (not the celebs). Are there photographers for many of these characters?

Thanks so much for this thread by the way! It's exactly what I was looking for.

Naveen is only done in Magic Kingdom which is the only park I don't work at so unfortunately I don't know.

As far as I know, there usually are photographers with the characters. Every year they take a group of photographers and specially train them for all the Star Wars locations.

Glad to help!

Do you know if the Cinderella Coach will be an option for photographs at the Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party for dates in 2014? I couldn't find it at the 2013 party. If so, do you know where it will be stationed? pixiedust:

I never work Magic Kingdom so I'm not sure but since I do work at the view stations where people can see all their photos I can personally say that I've never seen photos with the coach. However, there are usually some special photos, areas, and characters for the Halloween Parties. For example, there are some special magic shots with the Haunted Mansion ghosts and last year I think you could meet Snow White with all of the dwarfs. The characters are also in their Halloween costumes. Keep a look out for Duffy in Epcot around that time because he has the cutest pumpkin costume!

Just got Simba and two *new* Magic shots at AK today!! Can't wait to check my photo account to see what the new ones are! :)

So we purchased memory maker together with our hotel reservation, problem is DH is the primary guest but the MDE account is under my name. DH does not have his own account. So both of us can scan our bands for attraction and normal photos? And I read we need to change the MM entitlement to my name as it needs to be the same as the MDE account owner? How do I do that? Thanks!!

So we purchased memory maker together with our hotel reservation, problem is DH is the primary guest but the MDE account is under my name. DH does not have his own account. So both of us can scan our bands for attraction and normal photos? And I read we need to change the MM entitlement to my name as it needs to be the same as the MDE account owner? How do I do that? Thanks!!

Either should be able to scan. Either guest relations or probably your concierge should be able to assist you with moving the entitlement. You can see if you can yourself : under my reservations if reassign download privileges is located next to memory maker you can move it over.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

OMG Just looked at all the pictures from this weekend!! I've got balloons, Mike Wazowski, butterflies, multiple Tinks, Simba, both Stitches, AND FAIRY WINGS!!! :D

Rumor has it a new one is floating around Hollywood Studios, but only a few people know it. You'll know you're getting it if they have you stand something like this:

z7Gl1ow.jpg

The way it was described to me is similar to the way you hold balloons, but on that one you are only told to put your hand above your head, this sounds like more specific posing. And yes, I know who the character is, and no, I'm not telling you. ;)

Hi Does anyone know if they still have a photo pass spot in Downtown Disney? I've heard there was one but I've never seen it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter