Haunted Mansion 2023 Trailer (may contain spoilers)

Hmmm……I’m not sure how I feel about this :scratchin

I really like the Eddie Murphy movie from 2003.
I will watch this new movie, once it’s on Disney+, with an open mind.

Disney's been releasing more promotional material. Just saw a series of posters on Instagram featuring the cast as well as Constance, Ezra, and the Ghost Host.

No Hatbox Ghost featured, surprisingly, but I googled and found a shot of his face:
17-Haunted-Mansion-Hatbox-Ghost-Jared-Leto.jpg

Last edited:

I like the other one plus seeing Eddie Murphy in his”haunted mansion “ daddy daycare faze” was hilarious.

I’ll watch this one as well Danny Devito and Owen Wilson.

Is there anyone here going to see the movie and doesn't know the ride or goes with someone who doesn't know the ride?

Just saw it and I am curious what people think of it without being able to recognize all the references.

Yikes. Haunted Mansion was a groaner. The product placements alone made it feel so cheap.
I didn't notice... or is it the naming of all the brands? That was noticeable and made me think, as they were all US brands, how will this do well outside North America?

I was unimpressed with the story and made my mind wander to questions such as: Why is Gabbie still wearing heels? After the first night she should realize she would be running away from ghosts for a while in this house.

I didn't notice... or is it the naming of all the brands? That was noticeable and made me think, as they were all US brands, how will this do well outside North America?

I was unimpressed with the story and made my mind wander to questions such as: Why is Gabbie still wearing heels? After the first night she should realize she would be running away from ghosts for a while in this house.
Burger King, Uhaul were physical and then naming Costco, Baskin Robbins, CVS… the list goes on.

The Burger King one was a total face palm. Felt yucky. My husband said he didn’t know Disney was that hard up for cash. 😂

Burger King, Uhaul were physical and then naming Costco, Baskin Robbins, CVS… the list goes on.

The Burger King one was a total face palm. Felt yucky. My husband said he didn’t know Disney was that hard up for cash. 😂

Admit I did laugh at the Yankee Candle one!

Haven’t seen it yet, but these product placement reports make me cringe. Does Little Mermaid do this too? A Snapple bottle falls into the ocean directly into camera view, and into Ariel’s hand? “A gunderschtonk!” And then Snapple releases a Gunderschtonk edition flavor that tastes like brine. If I keep having ideas like these, they’ll end up making me a Disney exec!

BTW, many of you are probably already familiar with the recent HM update at WDW in the works, which sounds to be spurned on by the movie.

The update to the Mansion ride places Hattie in the Endless Hallway before we see Madame Leota summon the ghosts to physically appear. Many fans don’t feel this jives with the flow of the ride, and I can see why- though we have no clue how he’ll be presented.

Could be he’ll only be a faint spectre standing in the window, like we saw in the trailer, and not a fully-revealed figure who is standing near your passing Doom Buggy. Maybe we’ll see a hint of him grinning at us during a couple momentary flickers of light, that might be more acceptable.

Hopefully he’s not holding a BK Quarter Pounder. Anyhow, I hope the Imagineers put some careful thought into this.

I haven't seen it yet (but then again, I also never saw the old one, so I won't have a comparison). If someone in my family wants to see it, I'll go. Otherwise, I might wait and watch on D+

Yeah, it always depends on how it is handled. Like the U-Haul trailer works fine, because they were moving and had the trailer. It's a recognized brand, but feels natural. Even Zillow was okay, because it fit the story AND they actually had the listing - decently done. The sudden appearance of Burger King stuff was a very forced though and some of the other name-drops were really on the nose. It didn't bother me that much, but it was noticeable.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter