Hat At MGM!!

Kenan

Earning My Ears
Hey All,
If you got to the official disney website, and look at the webcam for the mgm studios, you can see that they put haly of the hat on already!!
check it out yourselves!

I got my Disney Magazine yesterday and there is a big article in it about the Sorcerers Hat at MGM. It's funny because they refer to the hat as MGMs new Icon and not just something that is going up for Walt's B-day(although they do say that it is scheduled to open for Walt's B-day). They also say that under the hat will be located a new Pin store and Pin trading station where you can buy the new pins that have been discussed on the boards before- they are the ones that will supposedly blink along to Spectro-Magic as floats pass. They also stated that there would be kiosks located around MGM(and maybe the other parks) where you could answer Disney trivia questions and if you get a question correct this special pin is supposed to light up and blink. I really hope that the sorcerers hat is not permanent, I think that would be ugly I much prefer looking at Manns Chinese theatre as I am walking down the street I think it adds to the feel of being in the movies. To me looking at a giant hat that houses another souvenier place just screams out tacky. Unfortunately it seems that more and more of the closed attractions and the new things being built are all places where we can spend even more money:(

It's there alright. I betcha the guests that aren't on to it think "Why does Disney have a big blue funnel in the middle of the park." Currently there are no stars on it.

Here is something interseting I saw @ WDW website.
AK,Epcot, & MK are (c) but Disney-MGM Studios isn't. Wonder why...

Why would disney put this giant hat infront of the Chines theater and call it its new Icon? when I went to disney in april I thought about it...maybe they plan to re-due the theater, change it into another ride. I mean the sceans inside are a little old and need re doing and they have needed it for along time, disney still hasn't re done it, maybe they are waiting untill the hat gets built and then start changing the theater into a different ride?, we will see..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter