Hasn't anyone done HBD for Fantasmic??

wdwobsessed

Work hard, Play hard. :)
I have never seen Fantasmic (boo hoo) and it's a must do this trip!

I have asked this question a couple of times with no response:

Who has gone to HBD on the package? Were you able to order off the regular menu or is it a limited menu?

Has anyone done this on the silver plan and how did that work?

Thanks

WDWO

we ordered off the regular menu-appt, main course & dessert. can not remember about drinks.

Kae

Drinks are not included, but we did it and the HBD was great! We ordered off the regular menu had a great time and left stuffed! Enjoy!!!

We ate at HBD two years ago for the Fantasmic package. As far as I remember, there were no limitations as to what you could order. It basically worked like the Silver Plan, 1 appetizer, entree, dessert, non-alcoholic drink. We loved it and plan to return for there for lunch during our upcoming trip.

My only tip would be to make sure that you don't plan to eat too late. We had to hurry a little to get to Fantasmic. But not having to stand in-line and wait for seats was wonderful. You'll have a great time!

OK ... thanks! Good to know our choices will not be limited! I had heard that now drinks were not included ... but since we are using wishes I'm presuming they will be.

Thanks

WDWO

Sorry, I looked at abbreviations and couldn't find it, but what is HBD? Could we get vouchers for there? How? Are there any other places to eat to get PS for Fantasmic? This is the main one I want great seats for. Any other ideas?

Is PS important for Fantasmic?

Originally posted by Lori S.
Sorry, I looked at abbreviations and couldn't find it, but what is HBD? Could we get vouchers for there? How? Are there any other places to eat to get PS for Fantasmic? This is the main one I want great seats for. Any other ideas?

Is PS important for Fantasmic?

Hollywood Brown Derby. I don't know about vouchers, but booking a Fantasmic dinner package is a great idea!!! You don't have to wait in line to go in. People start waiting a much as 2 hours before it happens!!!! this way you can relax and enjoy dinner and go in through a seperate entrance to see fantasmic with seats waiting for you!! its great i highly recommend it!!!

Lori S.,

HBD- Hollywood Brown Derby.

Dont know about the vouchers. We ate at Mama Melrose's with the Fantasmic package this past May.

I sent you a PM.

Jim.:wave:

I heard the priority seating for this package isn't that great...any comments??????

I have heard that it's off to one side ... but ... I'm not willing to wait in the stands for an hour to get a center seat.

Last time we tried to go it was still LIGHT outside and the theatre was standing room only. This was during a time of moderate attendance.

So I think if you don't mind waiting in line and then waiting in the stands you are better off not doing the FDP. But if you hate lines and waiting like my family ... it's a good deal!

WDWO

But do you have to be in the ampitheater to see the show, decently. I'm sure it's the best viewing, but I'd love to hear from someone who stayed outside the ampitheater and watched, could you see, or do you only see from the ampitheater? At DLand you could see from all around, like Illuminations, just some spots are better.

You have to be in the ampitheatre to see the show ... it's set kind of way back off on a long path away from the other attractions and then set kinda down inside the theatre.

We went to go see it and it was standing room only by the time we got all the way down the path to see it. The standing room was IN the theatre behind the staduim seats.

There is also only one way in and out so this would lead me to believe you cannot see or access it from anywhere but inside.

WDWO

Originally posted by disneyfanz04
I heard the priority seating for this package isn't that great...any comments??????

I disagree. You go in about half hour before it starts instead of an hour or more-so that makes it worth it to me.

Kae

You enter from a different gate than the main seating area. The seating is to the far right, but they do everything on both sides of the stage area so we saw everything perfectly. The kids complained about the hard benches, but they are skinny boys without much padding. I didn't have any problems!

Originally posted by Lori S.
But do you have to be in the ampitheater to see the show, decently. I'm sure it's the best viewing, but I'd love to hear from someone who stayed outside the ampitheater and watched, could you see, or do you only see from the ampitheater? At DLand you could see from all around, like Illuminations, just some spots are better.

I don't know if the other responders have seen the one at DL so I thought I'd throw in some info myself. Unlike DL, Fantasmic at MGM is in its own dedicated area. It has a whole outdoor theater area to itself.

The improvements over DL are:
a) you get to sit down (unless you are in the very back standing room only) as there are 5-6 huge sections of seating.
b) the seats are sloped down to the stage so that you aren't trying to see around people like you do at DL (think of a steeper version of movie theater seating)
b) less time waiting, even though you still need to arrive early for good seats, it is nothing like at DL where people start getting places at the water's edge three+ hours before hand.

The show is slightly different too, but still WONDERFUL!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter