Has Disney’s Strategies To It’s Loyal Customers Finally Caught Up With It?

I think Disney really started to go downhill when Roy E. Disney died and ever since the death of Roy E. Disney Disney never was the same again. Because when Roy E. Disney was alive he would create all these plans and visions and dreams that he had wanted to do to improve Disney in general. But as I mentioned earlier once Roy E. Disney died you could tell that Disney was on the verge of going downhill? Because if you look at Disney they bought 20th Century Fox bought Marvel in 2016 and signed a deal with the Spanish language network Univision to have a Disney Junior block on Saturdays in Spanish and even bought National Geographic as well and you could tell that this was the new image of Disney. On the theme park side I think what really had destroyed Walt Disney World was Disney's Animal Kingdom and what could've worked better would've been a Star Wars theme park instead of Disney's Animal Kingdom because what do animals have to do with Disney parks? And another that had caused the slow attendance was the pandemic and when Walt Disney World closed due to the pandemic and reopened after the pandemic people were shocked at what had happened to Walt Disney World and the park attendance began to wane. Because so many of the iconic things that made Walt Disney worth visiting were suspended such as character meet and greets parades fireworks and park entertainment and the absence of Minnie Van services and the demise of Disney's Magical Express really hurt the parks and not many people went because of these changes but once the iconic things returned it helped a little. Disneyland is mainly the one park that is making a ton of money because ever since they reopened after the pandemic and things like parades and character meet and greets returned in April 2022 Disneyland keeps coming up with ways to get more visitors into the park and starting with this park reservation system this is the one thing that has ruined them along with Genie+ and debuting Magic Keys. But one thing that Disneyland should've done was make Avengers Campus a Marvel theme park rather than a land at DCA because the whole concept of Avengers Campus could've made a great theme park and people would've enjoyed it very much. In movies I agree that Disney needs to focus more on making more successful animated movies. Because ever since Frozen came out you could see that Disney had a blockbuster on their hands and Frozen was indeed a smash but Frozen II was weak in my eyes. And that's why Encanto was a hit because Disney gave it the same promotion as Frozen and I wouldn't be surprised if Encanto II is made. But the main reason why Pixar has come out with weak movies is because they want to appeal to an older audience. The only Pixar successes that have done good was Toy Story Toy Story 3 A Bug's Life Wall-E Brave and Inside Out and while Onward and Soul were great they didn't get proper promotion and I can bet that when Elemental debuts on Disney+ soon it will get popular just like Strange World did on it's Disney+ debut. But as long as Disney improves well people will be happy
there is so much of this I don't agree with. Just might as well leave it at that. :tigger:

We actually do give our wealth to lower income countries because the playing field isn't level. It makes the world as a whole a better place. The same concept applies if the wealth of a company is more equitably shared with its employees.

And for.the record, there are plenty of people who could and would do as good as Bob Iger for substantially less.
That assertion is going to be very easy to back up haha

I would also say to be the most equitable you need to give more of you income to the poor so they can have what you have, the world would be a better place. I would skip planning vacations for a while/ ever haha

As for Eisner, without Frank Wells and Jeffrey Katzenberg, he wouldn't have been even remotely as successful as he was. Just look at Eisner's tenure after the mid-1990s until he was forced out through Roy E.'s second Save Disney campaign. We need a third Save Disney campaign.

That's like saying Steve Jobs wouldn't be as successful without Jonathan Ive or Tim Cook.

Eisner was a creative and transformative CEO. That served him well. If Wells wouldn't have died, Disney may have been as big as Apple today.

Eisner's strengths were his creative instinct (he wasn't always right, but he had that "this sucks, this doesn't" gut feeling), noticing the little details (let's use the best architects in the world, I want the theme parks to be landmarks) and having big, bold ideas (ABC, ESPN, DisneyQuest, Mickey Mouse Restaurants, Record Label, Disney Cruise Line, Disney Channel, The Disney Institute, Disney's America, Port Disney, etc.).

He saw no limit for Disney, but he wasn't an implementer—financially or operationally. After Wells, he didn't trust anybody.

He knew Katzenberg was a backstabber (he was) that was after his job. The board was pretty inept (sound familiar?). Roy E Disney was a very nice man, but he missed the boat on 3D animation and he didn't want the blame for the box office flops like Fantasia 2000 or Atlantis.

(Side note: Hilarious people thought these animation masterpieces—Pocahontas, Hercules, Hunchback, Mulan, Lilo & Stitch, Tarzan, Atlantis, Emperor's New Groove, etc—were flops. They were only flops compared to Lion King and Beauty.).

The early 2000's weren't kind to any of Disney's businesses period—thanks to a terrorist attack, major recession and another Gulf War.

Eisner's biggest mistake was Pixar and ticking off Steve Jobs. He didn't appreciate what Pixar had did for the company (again, this isn't surprising considering Pixar wasn't a Disney company and he thought Disney Animation could do it themselves).

After Eisner testified to Congress that Apple was encouraging piracy because of the "Rip. Mix. Burn." commercial, Jobs despised him.

Backstabbing Roy E Disney by forcing the board to enforce the retirement age limit was just icing on the cake.

However, I will say this for Eisner. He may have been complicated, controlling and full of himself, but he lived and bled Disney. You didn't question where his loyalties lie.

I'm not sure you can say that for the current state of Bob Iger.

Last edited:

That's like saying Steve Jobs wouldn't be as successful without Jonathan Ive or Tim Cook.

Eisner was a creative and transformative CEO. That served him well. If Wells wouldn't have died, Disney may have been as big as Apple today.

Eisner's strengths were his creative instinct (he wasn't always right, but he had that "this sucks, this doesn't" gut feeling), noticing the little details (let's use the best architects in the world, I want the theme parks to be landmarks) and having big, bold ideas (ABC, ESPN, DisneyQuest, Mickey Mouse Restaurants, Record Label, Disney Cruise Line, Disney Channel, The Disney Institute, Disney's America, Port Disney, etc.).

He saw no limit for Disney, but he wasn't an implementer—financially or operationally. After Wells, he didn't trust anybody.

He knew Katzenberg was a backstabber (he was) that was after his job. The board was pretty inept (sound familiar?). Roy E Disney was a very nice man, but he missed the boat on 3D animation and he didn't want the blame for the box office flops like Fantasia 2000 or Atlantis.

(Side note: Hilarious people thought these animation masterpieces—Pocahontas, Hercules, Hunchback, Mulan, Lilo & Stitch, Tarzan, Atlantis, Emperor's New Groove, etc—were flops. They were only flops compared to Lion King and Beauty.).

The early 2000's weren't kind to any of Disney's businesses period—thanks to a terrorist attack, major recession and another Gulf War.

Eisner's biggest mistake was Pixar and ticking off Steve Jobs. He didn't appreciate what Pixar had did for the company (again, this isn't surprising considering Pixar wasn't a Disney company and he thought Disney Animation could do it themselves).

After Eisner testified to Congress that Apple was encouraging piracy because of the "Rip. Mix. Burn." commercial, Jobs despised him.

Backstabbing Roy E Disney by forcing the board to enforce the retirement age limit was just icing on the cake.

However, I will say this for Eisner. He may have been complicated, controlling and full of himself, but he lived and bled Disney. You didn't question where his loyalties lie.

I would agree, people look at him as a villain because of the way it ended. i don't think they understand that if he wasn't there, Disney animation never gets turned around, and the company may not be around today. He was instrumental in making the Disney we still have today, and saying otherwise is doing him a disservice

Haha this falls under the “doomed to repeat, generation after generation”, in general the older generation always dislikes the one behind it for being lazy, incompetent, not willing to work, ect. It just gets old, no pun intended
And I don't understand the kids' music these days. YOU CAN'T EVEN UNDERSTAND THE LYRICS! :laughing:

Oh, they're hiring. They're just not PAYING! 😥
Honestly, facts lol

The other day I was at Safeway and I saw a sign that said they were hiring a store manager for $15/hr. Uh yeah, good luck with that. They probably know that no one will take up that offer anyway.

Last edited:

I don't think Steve Jobs would have been as successful without Jonathan Ive or Jonathan Rubenstein, who were pretty much responsible for the iMac and the iPod, both of which made the company what it is today. If Apple ends up buying Disney, that would only be possible because of their work.

I can fully appreciate everything that was done during the Eisner reign, especially for the parks. I, like many people who really love Disney, grew up with the parks and hotels that he was responsible for and were the absolute apex of Disney Magic.

I'm not saying Eisner wasn't a great CEO, but I think there is a lot that was instituted on the financial and business side during his reign that resulted in a culture that is causing problems today. As for Iger, I think he is incredibly overrated. His success was based off his spending spree and that is coming back to bite him in the rear since Marvel is over exposed, Pixar hasn't been the same since Lasseter was booted, and LucasFilm has been an abject failure under Kennedy. Without the creative side of the business firing on all cylinders, the amount of debt Iger added isn't sustainable.

I don't think Steve Jobs would have been as successful without Jonathan Ive or Jonathan Rubenstein, who were pretty much responsible for the iMac and the iPod, both of which made the company what it is today. If Apple ends up buying Disney, that would only be possible because of their work.

I can fully appreciate everything that was done during the Eisner reign, especially for the parks. I, like many people who really love Disney, grew up with the parks and hotels that he was responsible for and were the absolute apex of Disney Magic.

I'm not saying Eisner wasn't a great CEO, but I think there is a lot that was instituted on the financial and business side during his reign that resulted in a culture that is causing problems today. As for Iger, I think he is incredibly overrated. His success was based off his spending spree and that is coming back to bite him in the rear since Marvel is over exposed, Pixar hasn't been the same since Lasseter was booted, and LucasFilm has been an abject failure under Kennedy. Without the creative side of the business firing on all cylinders, the amount of debt Iger added isn't sustainable.
I agree with this 100% the worst part of all of it was kicking Lasseter out of Pixar. As far as entertainment goes he was as close to a modern day Walt Disney as you’re going to get. There’s no wonder why Pixar movies have fallen off since his departure

I'm a bit shocked that anyone shows up in Orlando in May through September. Today in Orlando it was 96 degrees with a 76 degree dewpoint. Not sure anyone could put up with that for more than 15 minutes. As opposed to Disneyland where the temperature was in the mid 70s and with low humidity. Not too difficult to figure out which park people are going to visit in July.
That normal temps for us Southern folk. 😬

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter