Has anyone stayed at Knights Inn Maingate?

cascadecupcake

Disney Lovin' Michigander
I would really appreciate any feedback you might be able to give me about this place. Was it clean? Is it worth $35/night?

Go Griffins!

I'm not sure if it was Knight's Inn maingate or not, but if it is the one about 1/2 mile past Holiday Inn Nikki Byrd(on the opposite side of the road)then it is a dump. We stayed there one night before checking into OKW, arriving at 3:30 am and checking out at 9 am, because it was so dirty. My kids call it "the roach motel". I think you could probably get better accomodations for just a little more money!

I stayed there a few years ago. It is a reach to call it a 1 star. Carpets were mildewed, towels and sheets threadbare, bathroom fixtures had seen better days... The hotel looked like it needed a renovation 10 years ago. The Knights Inn chain ranked dead last with Consumers Reports. I paid $20 a night (AAA rate) and paid too much. If you can't increase your budget AND ARE WILLING TO LIVE WITH NON-CANCELLABLE NON CHANGEABLE RESERVATIONS and understand you are only guaranteed 2 in a room and will have problems with more than 4 try Priceline. With the AMEX bonus you should be able to do much better. I'd start with 3 star and if you don't get any bites go to 2 1/2 star. My concern with Priceline is I might not like the hotel they give me, in your case you couldn't do any worse. If you're going to try Priceline refer to
Priceline Biding Forumfor some ideas.

[This message was edited by Lewisc on 03-05-01 at 10:46 AM.]

I stayed at the Knoghts Inn almost 18 years ago, as a college freshman and it sounds like the same one from back then! I would try Priceline to! Good luck!

sheep3.gif
quill2.gif

Link toSwan and Dolphin FAQ!
<font size=3><font color=green><marquee>Co-Captain & Charter Member of the Swan/Dolphin Cheerleading Team!!</marquee></font></font>
<font color=green>16 times to WDW 13 off 3 on!
Next visits
Dolphin July 2001
Swan Dec. 2001!

I'm not sure if this is the right one or not, but we stayed at a Knights Inn about 1 Mile from Disney World about 4 years ago, and it was nice. Not fancy or anything, but perfectly clean, and comfortable. It was really full when we stayed there, so didn't seem to be any problems with anyone else. I think it was on 192 just west of disney world....sound like the one?

Thanks everyone. I really appreciate all of the honest feedback on this place.

My next question is if anyone has stayed there RECENTLY? I called the hotel directly and they told me that they are just completing a remodelling project where ALL rooms received new carpeting, paint, etc. I only need a place to crash for two nights before we go to the "world" but don't want to have fleas when I leave! :-)

Go Griffins!

This places needs a lot more than a new paint job.
How many people (and what ages will be staying there)?
The location is near Disney but you said you'll be staying in Disney. If you're staying here to visit Universal/Sea World you're not really in a good location. I still think (if your plans are set in stone) you'll do far better with Priceline.

This also happens to be the same hotel that a man was carjacked and shot at a few weeks ago. See my thread about it on these boards! :O

monalisa.gif
ffflower2.gif
mms.gif
hello.gif

9/86 - Polynesian
11/97 - Hyatt Orlando
3/99 - Dixie Landings
11/00 - All Star Movies

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter