• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Has anyone in a power wheelchair with a ventilator ever flown to WDW?

Cathie- DME and/or the baggage handlers took great care of all my medical equipment. I personally watched them load my chair onto the plane and it was loaded last after all the baggage- they brought it up on a forklift-type device. Since it had the vent and feeding pump still attached they assured me that it wouldn't be placed on its side but would remain upright. They must've tethered it in well as it arrived back for me without a scratch. Christamae brings up a good point which is positioning in the plane. I have neck control issues as well- fortunately the seats reclined and there was alot of leg room or I'd have been miserable. I used a neck brace that I often wear anyway ( Headmaster collar) or you could use one of those new "pellet" type soft pillows that fit around the neck.---Kathy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter