Has anyone heard rumors of changes to DDP 2009

I would hate to see that. I would not get the deluxe dining plan. You would lose too much time sitting in restaurants every day. If the basic plan was eliminated, I would probably do more quick service meals and a just a couple of sit down meals.

That's what I think too!

We are hoping that they go back to including gratuity! That made things sooo easy in 2007! I could do without the appetizers..but keep the included gratuity!! For our 2007 trip we only carried our room keys! We could charge what we needed and the tip was included with the dining credits..LOVE IT!

I too am curious about 2009's DDP!

We are going during Free dining but upgraded to deluxe. We are staying for 14 days. I have ADR for 42 ts meals, 56 snacks and 2 resport mugs for $34.00 each per day. Not bad. We figured out that we would have to pay for breakfast each day if we did the free dining, they difference in price for the deluxe wasn't very much. My DH needs to eat a good breakfast and not just cereal or in room meals. That is why we chose deluxe.

Sylvia in Mn

I too am waiting anxiously to see what the 2009 plan is. I have booked for Jan 2009, but want the dining plan.

Here's my take...People are already cutting back on travel because of the price of gas. Disney knows this, and they know that the prices will continue to rise. There are threads on the net where people talk about NOT GOING to Disney if gas hits $4.50 -$5.00 a gallon. Wouldn't it be wise of them to again use the dining plan to entice families to come next year. They should beef up the plan or offer more free dining months to off set the travel cost.

What do you think? Any chance this scenerio could pan out?

I spose I should rewrite that to say that people I know, like DISers are more likely to be maximizers, but I guess the regular population might not think that much about it.

I agree. We had no clue about Disney or the DDP our first trip in 06. But, we had been on the boards for a while before our trip last year and went in with a lot of knowledge about maximizing our stay in every area, especially the DDP.

My DH and I were at WDW the first week of May and it was the first time we've been there without some form the the dining plan. We actually enjoyed it more and saved money over the deluxe dining plan. We used the DDE instead. We usually like to eat breakfast, skip lunch and then have a TS meal for dinner. This trip we had a TS breakfast and ate at 2TS locations every night. We would have eaten the same way if we had booked the Deluxe Dining Plan. When we figured out what we spent on food (with the 20% DDE discount) and snacks, we wound up saving money by not booking the Deluxe Dining Plan. We spent $30 - $35 per day on breakfast (including tip) and anywhere from $100 to $110 on dinner (including tip and excluding alcohol) which comes to a maximum of $145 per day + a couple of snacks each. If I booked the dining plan it would have cost us $139.98 + $30 - $35 per day in tips (we usually tip 20 - 25% depending on the service) based on our receipts. We ate breakfast at Spoodles every day and had dinner at California Grill, Flying Fish and Jiko. We have 2 more trips planned - one in November and the other next May. If the plans stay the same, we will not use either for these trips.

Just wanted to add some info that I have noticed on a UK tour operator website.

Virgin Holidays are offering the chance to purchase a "quick serve dining plan" for any booking departing after 11th January 2009.

This is taken from the Virgin Holidays website,

This is available to book for any booking departing from 11 January 2009 onwards.

The new Quick Service Dining Plan is in addition to the current Dining Plan and Deluxe Dining Plan.

Please Note:

These prices include 2 Quick Service meals and 2 snacks per person per day.

1 Refillable Resort Cup per person (can only be used in hotel where guests are staying, NOT in any Theme Parks).

So that sounds very interesting. For your info Virgin are charging £18 GBP per adult and £7 GBP per child for this. I think thats expensive and I would be interested to see if Disney offer this to book direct with them at a better price.:confused:

Just wanted to add some info that I have noticed on a UK tour operator website.

Virgin Holidays are offering the chance to purchase a "quick serve dining plan" for any booking departing after 11th January 2009.

This is taken from the Virgin Holidays website,

This is available to book for any booking departing from 11 January 2009 onwards.

The new Quick Service Dining Plan is in addition to the current Dining Plan and Deluxe Dining Plan.

Please Note:

These prices include 2 Quick Service meals and 2 snacks per person per day.

1 Refillable Resort Cup per person (can only be used in hotel where guests are staying, NOT in any Theme Parks).

So that sounds very interesting. For your info Virgin are charging £18 GBP per adult and £7 GBP per child for this. I think thats expensive and I would be interested to see if Disney offer this to book direct with them at a better price.:confused:

I've just been reading about this as well Leanne. It wouldn't suit our way of dining but it may be helpful to some.

Caron

we used the DDP for the first time in January and loved it. We are going back in 2009 and hope that they don't change too much, but I would LOVE to see the option of an appetizer OR dessert with the TS. Most times I would rather have the app rather than a dessert....

It was definitely a good deal for us (4 adults and 2 kids) and we were able to also go to Cinderella's Castle and Hoop Dee Doo, and we still had CS credits on the last day, so we got some of the kids PB&J meals and brought them to the airport. Worked great!

We aren't big breakfast eaters, we had a DVC room thanks to going with friends, so ate in the room. For the 2009 trip, even though it's not DVC, we will ship/buy/bring cereal and breakfast items and do that in the hotel as well.

I think we paid for 2 food items out of pocket for the week (kids wanted slices of pizza at Spoodles takeout and it's not on DDP). But other than that, we had plenty that we all used for water and snacks throughout the day.

I would be very sad to see the DDP totally gone and only the Deluxe....that is too much food for us, and too pricey IMO.

Don't want to wish the summer away, but can't wait to see what they have to announce in August!

If you go on the UK Disney World booking site - and you select an all inclusive package . . . you will see that they show the prices for Disney Worlds Dining Plan going up for 2009. I think this equals about $50 (see image below from website):
2009DDPUK.bmp

hmmm...wonder why in Uk child is untill 11 adult starts at 12 and here it is child 9/adult 10...does that mean I'd be younger in the UK :rotfl: ???
Lori

hmmm...wonder why in Uk child is untill 11 adult starts at 12 and here it is child 9/adult 10...does that mean I'd be younger in the UK :rotfl: ???
Lori

virgin are rip off folks.they pulled out of offering the ddp a couple of years ago,because disney wouldent let them put a huge mark up on it,Disney relented and there alowed to charge us in the uk what they want
Its better for us to book with disney usa,rather than virgin
Paulh

I think it is all a matter of preference. This will be our third year on the dining plan and for us the DxDp would be way too much time wasted. It seems to me all you would be doing is eating. I do not really miss the appetizer as truth be told I never order them and did because it was on the plan. I am thinking they would not offer a choice as far as appetizer vs Dessert go for fear that sharing would occur and I'll bet that many times people are full from dinner and don't get the dessert. I have read numerous times on here people not wanting to take it and carry it around or it was too hot to get it to go. So Disney is making money this way.Also the offerings on the children's plan are lousy too. Mostly the same everywhere. Why not just let them order smaller portion sizes off the adult menu? And although I love Goofy's unless I am near there I am not going to travel to get a more expensive snack. I think in the long run it all evens out. I hope they do not change the snacks too much. I know the first year we got the plan and were at CSR you could get any dessert the next year you had to chooose from classs 1 desserts or something which honestly mostly consisted of left over breakfast options danish, cookies nothing great.

If you go on the UK Disney World booking site - and you select an all inclusive package . . . you will see that they show the prices for Disney Worlds Dining Plan going up for 2009. I think this equals about $50 (see image below from website):
2009DDPUK.bmp

It looks like even Disney's price for the UK is already a little more than what they charge us here in the U.S. I may not have the exchange rate exactly right but isn't 19.99 pounds a couple of dollars more than $37.99? and 5.99 a little more than $9.99?

Interesting...

It looks like even Disney's price for the UK is already a little more than what they charge us here in the U.S. I may not have the exchange rate exactly right but isn't 19.99 pounds a couple of dollars more than $37.99? and 5.99 a little more than $9.99?

Interesting...

I just used a currency converter - and:
19.99 Euro is = $31.53 Dollars
25.00 Euro is = $39.44 Dollars

Hmm. . . maybe the Dining Plan is NOT going up - - - maybe the UK prices are finally catching up to what US has been paying all year :confused3

I just used a currency converter - and:
19.99 Euro is = $31.53 Dollars
25.00 Euro is = $39.44 Dollars

Hmm. . . maybe the Dining Plan is NOT going up - - - maybe the UK prices are finally catching up to what US has been paying all year :confused3

The United Kingdom still uses the pound -- they haven't gone with the Euro. Last I heard the exchange rate was pretty close to 1 pound = 2 US dollars. Let me just check -- on yahoo 19.99 pounds = $39.84, 5.99 pounds = $11.94.

So its only about about $2 more for the 2008 plan, but still interesting that its higher in the UK than the US coming directly from Disney. Over several days & with several people in a family that $2 could add up....

Also, with the same rate of increase (25%) between 2008 and 2009 shown on the chart above. One could theoretically predict that the 2009 plan will cost $47.49 per adult, per day for the U.S.

I sure hope this won't be the case!

Maybe Disney is just predicting the value of the dollar to go up/down against the pound (which would it be?) and that's why the Brits might see a large price change but we wont??? Wishful thinking!!

The United Kingdom still uses the pound -- they haven't gone with the Euro. Last I heard the exchange rate was pretty close to 1 pound = 2 US dollars. Let me just check -- on yahoo 19.99 pounds = $39.84, 5.99 pounds = $11.94.

So its only about about $2 more for the 2008 plan, but still interesting that its higher in the UK than the US coming directly from Disney. Over several days & with several people in a family that $2 could add up....

Also, with the same rate of increase (25%) between 2008 and 2009 shown on the chart above. One could theoretically predict that the 2009 plan will cost $48.49 per adult, per day for the U.S.

I sure hope this won't be the case!

Maybe Disney is just predicting the value of the dollar to go up/down against the pound (which would it be?) and that's why the Brits might see a large price change but we wont??? Wishful thinking!!

Oops - I did not know that Euros and Pounds were different! :laughing:

Well, then I guess we can assume that 2009 DDP will be more money for US too

Oops - I did not know that Euros and Pounds were different! :laughing:

Well, then I guess we can assume that 2009 DDP will be more money for US too

what we carnt use usa $$ in canada:rotfl2: bank rate at moment around $1.99- £1,this is why its cheaper to buy from usa disney with $ being low against the £.then again been when it was $1.10 - £1 and still found it cheaper over there
Paulh

First timers...this is overwhelming. Wish we were loaded so we would not have to worry about this

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter