Has anyone gone swimming with sharks?

blessed2BaMama

Earning My Ears
My son will be 17 when we visit Aulani in Oct 2016 and his dream is to go "swimming with sharks" in a shark cage where he can take pictures! He does not scuba dive but is ok snorkeling! I see there are quite a few companies that offer this on Oahu and I am interested in your experience and positive or negative feedback! Blessings! Amy

My son will be 17 when we visit Aulani in Oct 2016 and his dream is to go "swimming with sharks" in a shark cage where he can take pictures! He does not scuba dive but is ok snorkeling! I see there are quite a few companies that offer this on Oahu and I am interested in your experience and positive or negative feedback! Blessings! Amy
We used north shore shark adventures in Haleiwa(north shore) last year and have them booked again this year. We loved them!! Fun and knowledgable staff. My kids are 11 and 14. I def recommend taking Dramamine or bonine starting the night before. Our guide said we had the calmest day they have had in a long time and I was still nauseous!!! Lots of fun tho !! Amazing to see such big sharks glide right by u!! FYI… They have a policy that if you don't see any sharks you don't pay. You actually pay AFTER you do the cage dive.

We tried to use North Shore Shark Adventures. Our tour was cancelled 3 times on three separate days due to "weather". Not sure if I would book with them if i tried to do this again, simply because of the number of cancellations. The weather was beautiful during our entire trip and we had morning tours booked, so the waters should have been calmer than later in the day (so I have been told).

My mom (65 yrs old at the time) and I (30) did this about 10 years ago. We went with North Shore Shark Adventures. We had a great time!

We tried to use North Shore Shark Adventures. Our tour was cancelled 3 times on three separate days due to "weather". Not sure if I would book with them if i tried to do this again, simply because of the number of cancellations. The weather was beautiful during our entire trip and we had morning tours booked, so the waters should have been calmer than later in the day (so I have been told).

Same thing happened to us. Our reservation was cancelled several times, and we never made it out before we had to depart. I was so sad! I was looking forward to this more than anything. However, water conditions further off the shore are different than they are at the beach. On one of the days we were supposed to go we ran up to Haleiwa and stopped by the marina. All of the shark cage boats were docked that day, so there must have been something to it. I had the same suspicions though :)

We are getting ready to reserve with North Shore Shark Adventures and wanted any last ideas! Thanks! Amy (2weeks til paradise)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter