Has anyone ever?

DNSDisney

<font color=CC66CC>Got "rehitched" at the Garden G
This may be a nutty question but....
Has anyone ever requested the refreshment pantry (the fridge) be emptied for your stay so u can actually use it as a place to store your sodas etc?

Thanks,
Sharon:wave2:

Yes, we did this at the PBH. The porter who brought our luggage to the room told us we could. It wasn't a problem at all.

Wow, I never thought of that...did you unload it yourself, set the stuff aside, and put it back later, or did they take it? My luck I'd take it out, and put it back later, only to find they charged me for all the stuff because they thought we used it!

Thanks!

We told them we what we were doing (star service) and left the sodas, wines, beers, etc next to the TV. I don't remember if they took them away, but as we went through our own beers and sodas, they restocked the mini bar for us. We were only ever charged for the one soda which we did drink.

Here's another thing we do on cruises where you can't bring anything with you: we have our room steward clear out everything we don't want out of the mini bar and just stock it with stuff we DO want. This way we have Coke, Diet Coke, Miller Lite, and Coors Lite handy, and none of the fridge space is taken up with anything else. I'm sure they'd do that for you as well.

Thanks!! this is good to know.
Now another fridge question, is it the same size as the ones at Disney , dorm size fridge ? smaller ? larger?
Thanks
Sharon

They are about the size of a large dorm-room fridge. I can't remember how they compare to Disney's.

Just a note: star service will correct you if you tell them you want "the fridge" emptied. Mike actually got, "Sir, it's a mini bar. Not a refrigerator." The mini bar is not as cold as a fridge, so I wouldn't leave stuff like milk or yogurt in there for any length of time (like if you'll be there for a week). It might not keep that long.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter