Has anyone ever stayed at Ramada inn Maingate?

Amberly303

Earning My Ears
I would really appreciate if anyone could give me their advice on this Ramada Inn Maingate?
Are the rooms clean? I have reserved a room for 8 nights @ $62.95 a night. I know for the price I cant expect too much. But i do want it to be a decent hotel. And i would like to find out now rather than later so i still have time to find another hotel in the next week or so. Thanks : )

Hi

I stayed at that hotel about a year and a half ago on a long weekend stay. It wasn't bad at all, the hotel was very clean and everyone was extremely helpful.

Theres a full service restaurant, bar, snack shop, gift shop all in the main lobby. The pool area was fairly plain, but it was nice although we didn't use it.

It was very close to disney grounds. If i remember correctly it was only about 10 minutes to the magic kingdom from the hotel and about 30 minutes to Universal.

I would rate this hotel very well for the price, and I wouldn't mind staying there again.

Hope this helps!

Could u tell me some more details about this hotel?
Was the rooms ok sized?
Was the breakfast good?

Thanks for the response : )

Hi!

ok the room size seemed fine to me but it was only my girlfriend and myself on the trip. So maybe if it was a family of 4 it'd be a different story. I'd say it was an average hotel room, the decor was kinda loud but overall it was fine.

i don't knwo if I'd get the breakfast in the hotel again. It was a bit expensive for what we got. And seeing that theres alot of other places to eat around there so its probably a better idea to eat out.

The snack shop on the other hand was very helpful. For either a snack on the way to the parks or something to bring back to the room we found it very useful

Basically this hotel is your basic orlando hotel. Theres nothing really special about this hotel to make it stand out from the others, but I wouldn't call it a bad hotel by any means.

When are your vacation dates? Have you tried priceline.com? Check out biddingfortravel.com for 60 bucks a night you would could stay in downtown disney at the hilton through priceline...just a thought :)

Let me know if you have any other questions

Thanks for all your quick reponses. It will only be my husband ,my 7 yr old son and I staying in the room. The only thing i am concerned about is now the pool. We planned on spending alot of time relaxing at the pool..............u know gotta get that great Florida tan...lol!!!
Now about Priceline ........how does that work? Do u just bid then pay for it on credit card? And in your opinion if i could get the Hilton for 60 a night is that hotel alot better u think?

Thanks alot again : )

I'm happy I can help

Ok priceline can be a really great thing...but first some things you should know about it. You CANNOT change anything once your bid is in. You could think for the rest of your life for a good excuse...they've heard them all and they aren't goin for it. So if your dates are at all tentative then its not a good idea.

I have used priceline before and it can be really awesome. There are hotels going for 30 bucks a night that are nicer and in better locations that the ramada. The 60 dollar a night ones are in downtown disney for the most part (the hilton, wydham palace and marriot world center). Its all relative though to when your going.

What i would do is check ou biddingfortravel.com

its a message board that people post the prices and dates of hotels they have gotten off priceline. This gives you an idea of what you'll be getting for your money. It also has a list of hotels priceline uses and what territories they're in.

If you need any help in this let me know, I've done it before so i know it can save you alot of money and allow you to stay at a nicer hotel.

Hope this helps!

I went to the website and checked it out ........it says u just bid on the room........not howmany bed u get in the room. I would need a room with 2 double beds. It says u can ask the hotel after u make the bid but they cant garuantee what u get. But anyways im gonna check further into it. : )

yeah thats one thing with priceline....technically you are bidding for 2 adults only. But as you'll see if you look into biddingfortravel.com its very rare to be denied a two bed room. All you need to do is request it ahead of time by calling the hotel directly. I would definately read the FAQ at the begining of the Orlando section of the message board. Its extemely helpful in figuring out how to get the lowest price.

Even if they somehow don't honor your request, you could always get a rollaway for your child. It would probably be cheaper anyways.

Good luck to you in whatever you decide, if you have any questions about priceline or the ramada let me know.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter