Has anyone ever shipped clothes to DVC Resort?

JodyTG

A new pair of shoes can change your life.
Hey gang. I have a question that I know my DIS friends can answer for me. My family is going to be at the BCV the week of Christmas this year. We were going to drive, but now that our planned route is not possible, we are now going to fly. We got a pretty good deal through AA but we will have a connection through Miami. Because of the connection, I really, really, REALLY don't want to check luggage. But with four of us, I don't think that we could get all of our stuff in our carry-ons.

Has anyone shipped clothing to the hotel and if so, how did it work out?

Thanks if advance for any advice you can give.

Jody

I ship things all the time - work documents, clothes, jars of Nutella, etc from place to place as I travel so much.

Mixed results at WDW - a few lost items, a few items rejected over the years, after many many shipments. Here are my tips:

- mark package clearly with your name, resort address, your arrival date, and confirmation number. The reservations don't get transferred over to the hotel system until a few days prior to arrival, so you will want to ensure that they know when you are coming

- some suggest putting stickers on your box to make it easier to find - sometimes it's taken them a day or two to locate my package

- use some service with tracking (FedEx, UPS, etc) USPS does a $7.70 flat rate box, which comes in two sizes, takes 2-5 days to deliver, and offers tracking. That's about the cheapest rate around, and there is optional insurance as well

Hope that helps!

Thanks for the reply, Bavaria. I called and spoke to someone at BCV and she said that they have facilities to store packages from DVC members. I mentioned to her that some people are saying that their packages get refused. She told me that DVC members already pay for this service and so their packages will be accepted, but the packages that are refused are for cash reservations at non-DVC hotels since they don't have the staff or storage facilities for that sort of thing.

She also said that we'd be able to ship our package back home via FedEx right from the hotel. So, this is good to know. I'm sure this is what we'll be doing since everyone I know that's had a connection through Miami have had luggage problems.

Thanks again!
Jody

I'd also add that I had a package shipped to CSR earlier this year, and had to cancel my reservation last minute. I called their receiving department a few times as I still hoped to get there, based on my changing schedule. A wonderful CM ended up sending them to me at no charge, since I couldn't get back to pick up my packages for several weeks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter