Has anyone ever mispronounced your name?

Yes. My first name isn't hard, yet people sometimes confuses it with a similar name. My former married name was Moroccan and tripped people up all the time with the spelling. My current last name isn't hard to pronounce, yet it still gets mispronounced from time to time.

My maiden name yes, married name 25% of the time. Both are very easy to pronounce. Actually, my maiden name began with a different letter, otherwise sounded (and spelled) like a word we use in our conversations frequent. Go figure, used to make my sister and I so mad. :P

Sometimes. My name is Joy - seems easy peasy - pronounced just like the Christmas word. I get called Joey all the time.

I understand - my name is also Joy but people will turn around and call me Joyce right after I tell them :confused3 Sorry, but that's not my name and I hate it! What could be any more simple and easy to say?
I also have one friend that calls me Joey but I think it's more her accent that makes it sound that way.

I have very Hispanic first name that is pretty uncommon too. I’ve only ever met 1-2 people with the same name. It gets mispronounced allllll of the time. I’m shocked when people get it right.

All the time. Both first and last.
My first name is Kari, pronounced like Carrie, but I get all kinds of different ways and spellings. My last name is always spelled and pronounced wrong.

Always. My last name is constantly mispronounced, and it’s truly not hard. My wife’s first name is ALWAYS boogered up, but that one is hard indeed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter