Has anybody seen or heard from tiggerdad in awhile?

Stratman50th

Loving all things Fort Wilderness!
Just running through posts and realized I hadn't seen @tiggerdad in awhile. Anybody seen or heard from him? According to his profile he hasn't been on here since June 20, 2023. Can that be right?

He was in town about a month ago for the Metallica concert with a couple other DIS'ers and said he was incredibly busy with work, things around the house and family matters, but was doing fine.

j

I saw him during Christmas week-he came by the house. Him and the Mrs. The kids were visiting extended family in the same town where I am.

He is in fine form but he is at that point in life where there is a lot going on. College classes, high school athletics, aging parents/inlaws and having to work some extra shifts. The opportunity to go camping at all is few and far between. And given the school calendars he has to contend with, that leaves Christmas, Spring Break time, (which are too costly for me) and the unpleasant summer months at the Fort to choose from. So he is taking a pause from Disney.

He did the "out West" trip this summer I think but it was without trailer (sort of a quick trip if any trip out that way can be).

I think I'm just going to pull in at his place with my Aliner on a weekend this spring unannounced and plug in outside his workshop. Stay at 'Camp Tiggerdad' as it were.

But he's fine. I do miss him here too. The squirrels are getting away with EVERYTHING these days. :squirrel:

ED

Thanks guys! I feel better now. If you see or hear from him again tell him I said Hey!

I think I'm just going to pull in at his place with my Aliner on a weekend this spring unannounced and plug in outside his workshop. Stay at 'Camp Tiggerdad' as it were.
I told him the same. I'm just going to pull in and park around his pond and put out the awning. He's welcome to come by when he has time. :rotfl2:

j

I told him the same. I'm just going to pull in and park around his pond and put out the awning. He's welcome to come by when he has time. :rotfl2:

He'll probably act like he's the Game Warden.

The law in "these parts".

buford-t-justice-3ed611f1-02b4-4bf4-aa3b-598af724a21-resize-750.jpeg

I have a lake out back of the house with a 30/50 amp hookup for anyone interested. Just let me know you're coming so I can unlock the gate. However, the squirrels here have full run of the place.

You've been warned

Appreciate the concern, all of us are well.

2022 was just rough. Losing Chris (PaHunter) then my dad 2 months later was just a combo hit that took me down more than I expected. For while just didn't have the camping love. My mom has a lot of issues with her neck, back, and prior cancer treatment that keeps me too concerned to get too far away to take trip with whole family.

We did get away for 2 weeks in July and headed North to Sioux Falls, SD then over to the black hills, devils tower then up to Glacier NP.
20230711_101806.jpg20230709_074632.jpg20230709_104143.jpg20230710_165015.jpg20230711_101808.jpg20230713_123309.jpg

Like Ed said, no trailer. DW was scared she might have to drive, although after 2 nights in hotel she made it clear the camper would be going on all their trips.

Now the girls have us scattered with one in college and the other in middle school. So local camping only likely.

If anything in a group camp is being mentioned please keep me informed. Really miss the DisMeets. Special memories for sure.

@tiggerdad Great to see a post from you. I do understand how it can be, everyone processes differently and two so close together. I couldn't imagine how that hit. I feel like Chris's passing pulled me back to here as my way to process.

We have a HS senior and an 8th grade gymnast and its already a busy school year. Both being freshman (college and HS) I expect like you, away trips might be harder though trying to see how to keep making memories. I may be asking you how to deal with that split....you might have a gem or two of experience to share....

OK, gonna throw this out there. Last February/March ish, @tiggerdad texts me and says "wanna meet me and a buddy down in St. Louis for the Metallica show?" So I says to the wife "Michael invited me to go to the Metallica show in St. Louis" She says "3 old guys at a Metallica show, what could go wrong?" Well absolutely nothing. Had a great time catching up with him and meeting his friend. 2 shows on 2 different days. Toured downtown St. Louis and spent some time with @Teamubr and Donna and Ian. We don't also have the chance to meet up so I'm starting to take advantage of these opportunities when the come up. Life's moving fast and we ain't getting any younger. Let's all try to keep in touch and put out our schedules and meet up somewhere. I recently spoke to @snowmedic and he and the family will be in the Illinois area this year so we are gonna hook up when that happens. :wave:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter