Hard Rock Hotel is AWESOME

Tawnya

Mouseketeer
Just back from a week in Orlando. It was our first trip to Universal and we stayed at Hard Rock Hotel. It was the best. The place is gorgeous...we were pampered the whole time. The front of the line pass is the best thing since fast pass!!!! Also, being able to walk to the parks from the hotel is very nice.
Don't ever pass up the chance to stay at Hard Rock Hotel.
I will be glad to answer any questions you have!

I have to totally agree with you on that!

FOTL or Universal Express is what they call it now, is the best perk anywhere. No need for a ticket and a time period to come back, you just show your card key and on you go! To quote my sister "It's the ONLY way to do Universal!"

The Hard Rock HAS to be the :cool: coolest hotel every built. It's a museum of rock memorabilia and a top of the line hotel all rolled into one. My son and I count it as one of the best times we ever spent in Orlando and always tack a day or two to our vacation just to "jump the lines" as my son calls it!

Hi: Did you have a gardenview room or a deluxe room. If you had a deluxe room was there a pullout sofabed in it. We are four adults, wondering if we will be crowded in a gardenview room. Any comments,

Deb.

Deb, while the HR rooms are big, I'd doubt they would be comfortable for four adults for more than a night or two. This is a hotel where it's worth splashing out, too, so I'd go for two rooms if you can. And, yes, it really is THAT good !

do these rooms have a refrig and a microwave?
big enough for 3 people for a wk?
thank you,
lisa

No Lisa, they are straightforward hotel rooms. Very chic and spacious, but no electrical 'extras' !

Just out of curiosity, what are the restaurants like in Hard Rock? I'm always looking for somewhere new to go :)

The Palm is their signature restaurant and is as good as its nationwide reputation - superb steaks and luscious lobster. Very expensive but worth every cent, IMHO. Excellent service, too, and in a lovely, laid-back environment. The Sunset Grill is the hotel's second restaurant, open for breakfast, lunch and dinner, but when I was last there they were having trouble making it work in the evenings (too much competition from The Palm, methinks) and were looking at revamping and restyling the menu. The Velvet Bar is a wonderfully plush and eye-catching venue for a drink or three. Real rock-star chic.

I had heard that this is one wonderful place to stay. Maybe someday!

I know that this may be a stupid question but was just wondering.....are tickets for Universal Studios included with the room rate? Thanks

Yesterday I tried to book to dine at the Palm Restaurant. Several times I called the 407 224 7117 number and was met with an answerphone. After 3 hours I left another message as no reply was forthcoming.

As time was getting on, I decided to go to the Univeral web site to see if I could get more information. Finally and after another 3 phone calls I got through to the concierge service who put me through to the restaurant. You can guess, another answer phone. "If you are calling in normal hours our lines are busy, please call back". Somewhat frustrated by the whole process and after 6 phone calls I gave up and booked elsewhere.

Thankfully we had a great meal at Chatham's in the Dr. Philip's area........a great area to dine with several top restaurants, Morton's, Christini's, Ruth's Chris.........why shouldn't I give them a plug after the Hard Rock experience !! ;)

There's no counter service, but there is a great poolside restaurant, sorry don't recall the name. We had sandwiches there a couple of times last year & everything was great. They did have children's selections.

To quote my sister "It's the ONLY way to do Universal!"

I totally agree with your sister, robinrs! Dh and I stayed at HRH for the first time last July. It makes such a difference to the whole Universal experience. Everything is so close for a start - both the parks and CityWalk within easy walking distance.

My son and I count it as one of the best times we ever spent in Orlando and always tack a day or two to our vacation just to "jump the lines" as my son calls it!

Gotta agree again! We've got a 3 week trip planned for October, spending most of it in a private villa, but we're taking 2 nights out to stay at HRH!

Tawnya, do you know if there is any character meal at the Universal parks or on site-hotels? I am going to stay at the new RP on July 27 and I will like to have a character meal reservation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter