HalloweenTime at DLR Superthread #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really disappointed about the costume guidelines for adults. I had made three different costumes for the Halloween season at DLR and now it appears I can't wear any of them... so disappointing.
That is disappointing! I am only at the planning stage, so not as much time yet involved. I really wish that they would go to the WDW version...

Sounds like it. After the 60th ends in sept, it looks like no fireworks until spring...something about needing to build new launch platforms...some people think that there will be projections and low level fireworks in front of the castle but not an actual fireworks show...

Is there a thread where this is discussed? I'd like to watch for updates as I continue planning. Part of me wants to switch coasts still if it really happens.....

I wonder if they will carry on the PTN parade with no fireworks?? I also am curious if they will be offering a Halloween parade on party nights like years past or if they will keep PTN on party nights...

We're heading back to Disneyland in October, and while I was hoping for earlier in the month, it looks like we'll be there right around the end of the month (like, coming in Sunday the 30th.) Haunted Mansion overlay will stay up until Christmas, but what about the other Halloween things? Does anyone know if Space Mountain (assuming they do the Ghost Galaxy overlay), be shut down immediately on the 1st to remove the overlay?

I'll be bringing my brother, who hasn't been in over 20 years, so I would really like him to experience this. As well, my son loves Space Mountain. Any insight on what gets shut down and when following Halloween?

We're heading back to Disneyland in October, and while I was hoping for earlier in the month, it looks like we'll be there right around the end of the month (like, coming in Sunday the 30th.) Haunted Mansion overlay will stay up until Christmas, but what about the other Halloween things? Does anyone know if Space Mountain (assuming they do the Ghost Galaxy overlay), be shut down immediately on the 1st to remove the overlay?

I'll be bringing my brother, who hasn't been in over 20 years, so I would really like him to experience this. As well, my son loves Space Mountain. Any insight on what gets shut down and when following Halloween?

Haunted Mansion keeps its overlay through the holiday season so it will definitely still be there.

I wonder if they will carry on the PTN parade with no fireworks?? I also am curious if they will be offering a Halloween parade on party nights like years past or if they will keep PTN on party nights...

Who would pay the price of a party ticket to see the same parade they can see every other night of the year, without fireworks and without the ability to go in costume? Surely it has occurred to them that this would affect ticket sales, maybe substantially.

I've been thinking about the new costume rules for adults during the Halloween season and if I cannot wear my full costume as I had planned I might as well wear the hat of one of my costumes. It is so iconic that it really stands out. Here it is...
4BB9C380-069B-4204-9457-D45A59003767_zpshp8se6mu.jpg

Last edited:
My two friends and I were already toying around with the idea of going as the three fairies from Sleeping Beauty and the new costume guidelines have solidified that for us.

Doing some googling I was able to find cute, simple, costumes that meet all the adult costume guidelines so I think we're going to try to end up with something like the costumes below (minus the running numbers, ha!).

goodfairys.jpg

UGH I was really hoping it was starting a week later. We are planning a trip for Sept 8-11 and last year we were there the first weekend and it was crazy packed!

I've been thinking about it, and in light of recent events, I'm coming around to these new rules. Especially after threats have been made (not specifically Disneyland/World, just US in general), Disney is just trying to make the parks safer. It's not Disney's fault there are bad people trying to do bad things right now, Disney just has to react and evolve to keep the parks safe for everyone. If I should blame/be frustrated with anyone for the new rule changes, it's the people trying to stir up terror in the world.

We'll still go to Disneyland and have a lot of fun at Mickey's Halloween Party! With everything being offered currently, it's still worth it for us. I'll just dress in something comfy for a fun, full night getting lots of candy and villain watching with my family!

I've been thinking about it, and in light of recent events, I'm coming around to these new rules. Especially after threats have been made (not specifically Disneyland/World, just US in general), Disney is just trying to make the parks safer. It's not Disney's fault there are bad people trying to do bad things right now, Disney just has to react and evolve to keep the parks safe for everyone. If I should blame/be frustrated with anyone for the new rule changes, it's the people trying to stir up terror in the world.

We'll still go to Disneyland and have a lot of fun at Mickey's Halloween Party! With everything being offered currently, it's still worth it for us. I'll just dress in something comfy for a fun, full night getting lots of candy and villain watching with my family!

I'm just not there yet. If they allow costumes at WDW, are we supposed to believe guests will be less safe there?

My two friends and I were already toying around with the idea of going as the three fairies from Sleeping Beauty and the new costume guidelines have solidified that for us.

Doing some googling I was able to find cute, simple, costumes that meet all the adult costume guidelines so I think we're going to try to end up with something like the costumes below (minus the running numbers, ha!).

goodfairys.jpg
Adorable, and I might just steal your idea for me, my mom and my sister! Love it!!

Exactly! In light of recent events WDW may end up changing guidelines too. Like I said in my previously post I would rather my family be safe then wear/see costumes

Surely it has occurred to them that this would affect ticket sales, maybe substantially.
I don't know that it really will. Many, maybe even most, people won't even know there are these cuts until they get there and there are no fireworks, no costumes, etc... We here know about it because we all talk and scrounge around for info, but the general population of Disney guests are not necessarily on this (or other) board. We make up a very small percentage of visitors to Disneyland.

Last year I ran into quite a few people who were terribly upset that the parks were closing early for the party. I was thinking to myself, "how could you NOT know about this?" But, really, if they don't search out the info, they won't know. There may well be a lot of people who go on and purchase the party tickets without even reading the description, just assuming it will be the same as last year. I think that this is what Disney counts on when they make the changes, figuring the tickets will sell anyway...

If that's the case then why don't they just go ahead and completely close the parks then? Then everyone can be safe. I say start a e-mail, phone, letter campaign to show your displeasure with Disney letting people down. First Photopass, now this; where does it end?

If that's the case then why don't they just go ahead and completely close the parks then? Then everyone can be safe. I say start a e-mail, phone, letter campaign to show your displeasure with Disney letting people down. First Photopass, now this; where does it end?
What's going on with photopass?

It's not Disneyland's fault that there are evildoers in the world. They have to take precautions and add extra security so that the risk of anything happening is kept as low as possible while still maintaining an operating park. I, personally, am not going to email or call Disney because I'm not displeased with them updating rules to keep me and my family safe. Why else would Disney ban costumes? To spoil the fun? Of course not. Ticket sales are more than likely going to slightly drop because of people who are upset with the rules change. If Disney changes rules knowing that it will slightly decrease ticket sales, then there is a good reason behind it. Disney won't knowingly sacrifice $$ for no good reason. They're in the business of making money.

Does it really stink that adults can no longer wear costumes? Absolutely! I had an amazing costume from last year and one that I was making this year for the Halloween parties we are going to attend and was completely disappointed by the rules change when it first broke. But safety takes priority, and I'm at a point where I'm okay with that

I haven't heard about any issues with PhotoPass. What happened?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter