HalloweenTime at DLR Info and Photo Superthread #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
The parade at DL's party is called a "cavalcade" because it's relatively small. I would call it an elaborate cavalcade, or a small parade. I wouldn't expect what I understand you see at WDW, but it's nice for what it is.

The parade at DL's party is called a "cavalcade" because it's relatively small. I would call it an elaborate cavalcade, or a small parade. I wouldn't expect what I understand you see at WDW, but it's nice for what it is.

Well, we haven't been to the one at WDW, so this might be a better introduction for us.

We're not sure that we're going at this point. We're trying to decide between Halloween at WDW, Halloween at DL, or one of the Sept. Pixar cruises. The thing that's holding us back from the cruise is DH's vacation availability. Sigh. I want to do it all. At the very least, we're planning on doing the Southern CA Adventures by Disney tour next summer.

Thanks, everyone, for all your information.

If you can, do the cruise. Halloween at DL and WDW will still be there next year, but the Wonder will only do Alaska cruises from next year as far as west coast cruises are concerned. So you will not get that chance again.

Corinna

If you can, do the cruise. Halloween at DL and WDW will still be there next year, but the Wonder will only do Alaska cruises from next year as far as west coast cruises are concerned. So you will not get that chance again.

Corinna

This isn't an Alaskan cruise--it's the California Cruise. The draw for us is that it's one of the Pixar cruises where you'll get to interact with some of the Pixar team, etc. DH loves anything Pixar so this would be ideal. However, he only has so many vacation days. I think we can do it vacation wise, but he's still crunching numbers. This has been going on since yesterday. How long could it possibly take? :worried:

This isn't an Alaskan cruise--it's the California Cruise. The draw for us is that it's one of the Pixar cruises where you'll get to interact with some of the Pixar team, etc. DH loves anything Pixar so this would be ideal. However, he only has so many vacation days. I think we can do it vacation wise, but he's still crunching numbers. This has been going on since yesterday. How long could it possibly take? :worried:

Yes, I know. This was my point. DCL is no longer offering the coastal cruises or the Mexican Riviera cruises after December 9th as they are not profitable. So if you are interested in a West Coast cruise this is your last chance.

Corinna

If you're into character autographs, MusicMouse, one of the DISigners, is making autograph cards for Halloween. She has them in a folder in her Photobucket account labeled "MNSSHP" but the cards don't make any reference to Disneyworld so they will work well at Mickey's Halloween Party. So far she has done the Fab 6, some of the princesses and Winnie the Pooh and friends. It seems that she's going to do more. She'll post updates in her thread "A Simple Guide to Making an Autograph Album" (posts 2585, 2638 and 2643 so far) but you can download them from her Photobucket account. These are a few. I think Eeyore dressed up as Tigger and Lilo as Snow White are my favorites.

They look amazing. I so wish I could go back for the Halloween season this year. Thanks for sharing.

Corinna

Is this fun for a toddler? (2.5 years) also, do you know if we get any deals if we book through our hotel? We are staying at the grand californian... and this is in the disneyland park right? I already have tickets for the day, what makes this worth another 54 bucks? the later stay?

Is this fun for a toddler? (2.5 years) also, do you know if we get any deals if we book through our hotel? We are staying at the grand californian... and this is in the disneyland park right? I already have tickets for the day, what makes this worth another 54 bucks? the later stay?

It is a time where adults can dress up as well. There is trick or treating throughout the park, special fireworks only shown during the HP and a small Halloween cavalcade.

Only you can decide if it is worth it to you. Discounts are not available by staying at the GCH, but if you have an AP, DVC membership or Disney Visa Card holder, you are able to get the AP rates. Note that some dates (Halloween and most Fridays) have only one price available.

It is a time where adults can dress up as well. There is trick or treating throughout the park, special fireworks only shown during the HP and a small Halloween cavalcade.

Only you can decide if it is worth it to you. Discounts are not available by staying at the GCH, but if you have an AP, DVC membership or Disney Visa Card holder, you are able to get the AP rates. Note that some dates (Halloween and most Fridays) have only one price available.
Thanks! I'll have to see if I can talk my Hubs into adding this to our list :) it does sound fun! but also I don't know if my little one will stay up! Maybe we can play it by ear and go last minute... does it sell out easy? We would go Tues 10/2

Thanks! I'll have to see if I can talk my Hubs into adding this to our list :) it does sound fun! but also I don't know if my little one will stay up! Maybe we can play it by ear and go last minute... does it sell out easy? We would go Tues 10/2
It took some convincing with my DH as well, but he is all for it. We are attempting a budget trip this time...if that is possible at DLR...so this is my one splurge for the trip.
I have a 4 year old DD, and we are attending the party on 10/23. Our plan is to visit DCA in the AM when the park opens. We will take a break around noon for a nap and then try to make our way to the party when they begin letting partygoers in at 3pm. DD usually is in bed no later than 9pm, so it will be interesting to see how long she can hang in there.
At least you don't have to buy a party ticket for your 2.5 year old.

Well, we haven't been to the one at WDW, so this might be a better introduction for us.

We're not sure that we're going at this point. We're trying to decide between Halloween at WDW, Halloween at DL, or one of the Sept. Pixar cruises. The thing that's holding us back from the cruise is DH's vacation availability. Sigh. I want to do it all. At the very least, we're planning on doing the Southern CA Adventures by Disney tour next summer.

Thanks, everyone, for all your information.

You can get a great deal on the Pixar cruise right now. They are offering GTY prices and also 25% discount if you have an annual pass. You can buy the cheapest pass then get the discount on the cruise.

Thanks! I'll have to see if I can talk my Hubs into adding this to our list :) it does sound fun! but also I don't know if my little one will stay up!

We went to the party in WDW last year with our 4.5 year old and 13 month old. They 4.5 year old stayed up for the whole event, while the 13 month old fell asleep around 11:00 pm, which was close to the end anyway, and she slept in the stroller, so it wasn't a big deal.

At least you don't have to buy a party ticket for your 2.5 year old.

:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

A great argument for getting in as many trips as you can while they're still free!

A great argument for getting in as many trips as you can while they're still free!

Yep, and getting as many trips in while they're still "kids". Can't believe I have to buy an adult DL ticket for my 12 year old.

Well, we bought our airfare last night. So, we should be in the parks on some of the days (how many? Ask the ticket booth if they'll upgrade our PHs! Scared to hear of the people being denied....) between Oct 30 and Nov 12!
Still don't have MHPs, though, since we're waiting to buy the UE package.

TigerlilyAJ said:
Well, we bought our airfare last night. So, we should be in the parks on some of the days (how many? Ask the ticket booth if they'll upgrade our PHs! Scared to hear of the people being denied....) between Oct 30 and Nov 12!
Still don't have MHPs, though, since we're waiting to buy the UE package.

What do you mean about people being denied? I haven't heard anything on that before...

What do you mean about people being denied? I haven't heard anything on that before...

People have posted threads in recent weeks stating they were not able to add additional days to their 5 day PH. This was usually happening at Guest Services....best to upgrade at the ticket booths. If you get rejected...try another ticket booth with a different CM.

I just got off the phone with a CM at the tour line inquiring about the Happiest Haunts Tour and MHP Package deal that I've heard about on the DIS. My situation is that I've already purchased tickets for the MHP on 10/9, I asked her if I had messed up by purchasing those already if I was interested in purchasing the package deal (Happiest Haunts tour tickets are advertised as going on sale 30 days prior to the date you'd like to book). What she stated, making a long story short, is that they would "virtually" refund the MHP tickets and sell the package deal to us closer to the start of the Halloween season, so we would not lose out on the party date we already selected, if it is already sold out. She told me to call back towards mid to late August as the Halloween season starts Sept. 14th. As far as she knew they start scheduling the tour 30 days prior to the start of the season, once the first scheduling date opens (possibly August 14th, we should be able to schedule any of the tour dates available). She stated at the least, when I call back she would have more information on the tour/package at that time.

Just thought I'd share this info for anyone else that was curious. I will update this thread around mid-August when I call them back.

I was reading an article about Duffy merchandise at the Food & Wine Festival at EPCOT and they mentioned that there will be a Halloween Duffy being released for this Halloween :) So there's a hint to one merchandise item for this Halloween time

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter