Halloween Madness Pre-trip report

di$neyf@n

Mouseketeer
Well here is my first attempt at doing a pre-trip report.

Me (35)- Crazy Disneyfan:lovestruc
DH (40- he'll hate that I put his age down) Normal Disneyfan
DS (16)- likes Disney, wouldn't say he is a huge fan but does appreciate how lucky we are to go often
DS (14)- typical moody teenager who acts like he could care less if we go
DD (10)- not as excited as she used to be about princesses and Minnie because she is so old now:rolleyes:
DS (8)- likes Disney ok, he is starting to act too old too sigh:(

Right now I am excited but a little crazed:hyper: that we leave tomorrow already.

I am doing laundry:laundy: inbetween getting everything else ready for this trip. I want to make sure we have warm and weather proof clothes ready to pack tonight. Normally we leave early in the morning but being as I didn't want to take the kids out of school and DD has a dance recital we won't be leaving till probably 6pm:worried: I don't like driving in the dark and rain. At least DH just called and said we do have a van rental (our van died last week-it's fixed but we don't want to put more mileage on her) He sounds down- rough day at work.

Our plan is to get to the hotel by 10pm and go strait to sleep to be up and at the park by 8am Friday morning. I want to catch as many characters in Halloween dress as I can and use our EMH for a few rides before the rest of the world comes in.

I haven't made dining reservations yet. I will do that at some point today after I check the activity schedule for the weekend. I am really trying to stay positive and hope for the best with the wet weather and insane crowds it sounds like is going to happen this weekend. I just hope I can get some good pictures.

I haven't decided if I am taking the laptop or not this weekend. If I do you will definitly know!

Im sure you'll have a great time.
Its always busy when we go as we have to go during school hols but with careful planning you can still avoid queues.
Make the most of EMH, position yourself at the right place at the end of EMH to get to where you want to go next, use FP
We also find eating at lunchtime gives us a chance to escape the crowds and then we can attack rides in the evening when everyone is trying to eat

Have a great time, and fingers crossed you dont run into any smokers!:)

Have a wonderful trip - I'm sure the halloween atmosphere will win over the crowds and weather :wizard:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter