Me – Julie – 47
DH – John – 51
DS1 - Mark - 28
DS2 – Lewis – 18

Pre-trippie
Day 1

Day 2
Wednesday 19 October

I was up just after 7am, got myself organised and woke the boys. Mark was up quickly but Lewis grumbled and said he was too tired so wouldn't come with us for EMT.

It was about 8:10 by now and we headed through the village and to the Studios. Security at the village beside our hotel was nice and quick.

I really like this window at World of Disney

IMG_7056.JPG

I was a bit shocked at the sheer amount of people already waiting for the Studios to open :confused: I even wondered for a minute if we were in the wrong queue.

P1030243.JPG

After a few minutes of standing here, we looked behind us and the queue was massive! I have never, ever seen so many people for EMT.

Anyway, we stood where we were and realised we were right in front of the main gates. There aren't any individual entry gates here however as the crowds moved and we approached the gate, we could see CM's with hand held scanners, to scan tickets. It was actually quite quick to get through from here instead of waiting for the individual ticket gates to open and close with each person.

Soon we were through, I think about 8:45 by now. Mark wanted to do Web Slingers so we headed over to Avengers. Lots of people headed to Crush so by the time we got to Web Slingers there was only a 5 minute wait.

P1030247.JPG

The queue moved really quickly, just straight walk through until going into the first room and then the second room with the video. Honestly, I did not have a single clue about what I was supposed to be doing. When we got on the ride the two guys beside us started moving their arms so Mark and I just copied them :rotfl2: Anyway, it was fun but my arms were so sore when we got off, lol.

Mark wanted to go on the Avengers Flight Force ride - I've done the Aerosmith version many times and I didn't feel like it today, so Mark went off himself. I took some more photos as it was quieter than it had been yesterday afternoon.

P1030244.JPG

P1030246.JPG

P1030248.JPG

P1030250.JPG

P1030251.JPG

P1030252.JPG

I'd only been wandering for about 10 minutes when I spotted Mark coming off the ride. He'd gone single rider and it was a walk on.

So happy the hat is still here even though Art of Animation is no more :worried:

P1030255.JPG

We headed back to the hotel now to meet the others via World of Disney. I had seen a few things yesterday so thought I'd pick them up now on the way back to the hotel. I got some lovely glasses, similar to the Ratatoullie ones we got last time, a couple of mugs (of course) and 30th Anniversary ears that Abbey had tried to get during her visit but had been sold out.

We were at the Disneyland Park for around 10:15 and made our way to Salon Mickey and knocked on the special door. It wasn't busy inside and we enjoyed our breakfast of cookies, muffins, coffee and juice. Lovely.

IMG_6705.JPG

IMG_6704.JPG

Filled up we entered the park and had a look at the app for wait times. The boys headed through Discovery Arcade to Space Mountain, while John and I decided to have a stroll around Main St and the shops.

P1030265.JPG

The weather was warming up and it was lovely and sunny. First visit was to Lilly's Boutique - I'm an absolute sucker for homeware at Disney. We have tons of mugs, glasses and other nick nacks.

P1030266.JPG

We picked up some more glasses and mugs for our collection and used the shopping delivery service to have our purchases sent back to our hotel. Love that they still offer this service.

I had also noticed a bit queue outside the StoryBook store. Today was a pre-sale of the new Disneyland Paris Monopoly game for AP holders. I hoped that we'd be able to pick one up tomorrow when they went on general release.

More wandering around Main St taking in the atmosphere.

P1030273.JPG

P1030275.JPG

P1030277.JPG

P1030276.JPG

P1030278.JPG

P1030271.JPG

We checked out the laundry, but the sound bites weren't working today.

P1030269.JPG

We liked this lovely glass painting inside Harringtons

P1030267.JPG

And 30th Anniversary Mickey having a wee spin on Autopia

P1030274.JPG

Our first proper look at the castle, with the blue sky starting to emerge

P1030279.JPG

The boys had managed Space Mountain quite quickly. The wait time was showing longer than they actually waited and they were off in around 30 minutes.

IMG_7071.JPG

We met up at the castle.

IMG_7067.JPG

P1030280.JPG

I don't think I'll ever tire of seeing this beautiful castle. I feel like I need to take a photo every time we pass, lol

P1030282.JPG

It was incredibly busy today. We'd seen the red signs outside the park saying that the park was at capacity. Off we went into Fantasyland.

P1030284.JPG

P1030286.JPG

P1030287.JPG

We passed by the Maze which had a really long queue outside. I think if there is a queue to get into the maze, then it's a sign that it's a busy day. The boys couldn't resist a wee photo here

P1030288.JPG

The ice-creams from here looked amazing as we passed. I'm still amazed by the level of detail that has gong into this building which is essentially a counter shop selling drinks and ice-cream.

P1030297.JPG

Over now to the back of Fantasyland and we were going to try for the Story Boats, but he queue was right back to the gate, so we kept going and had a wee spin on Casey Jnr.

P1030289.JPG

P1030290.JPG

P1030292.JPG

No dancing!!

P1030293.JPG

P1030294.JPG

The Cheshire Cat was doing a meet here and it was really busy.

After this we headed back out towards the castle, not sure where we were going next.

IMG_7074.JPG

Wait times on the aap were quite high for everything. Tea cups was showing only a 15 minute wait, so we wandered over.

It's such a pretty area. The sun was really shining now.

P1030298.JPG

Small world renovations are ongoing, it looks so vibrant

P1030300.JPG

Whilst in the queue here we decided to use the mobile ordering facility to order our lunch for Hakuna Matata. This is a really simple service. From the official Disneyland Paris you select the restaurant, choose the menu items you want and then fill in your details and pay. You'll be able to pick a time slot too. Once complete you get an email confirming the order with a link that you click when you're actually at the restaurant. Very easy to do.

This also passed the time and soon we were on the beautiful teacups.

P1030299.JPG

P1030302.JPG

P1030303.JPG

IMG_7077.JPG

IMG_7078.JPG

Next up was a stop for the toilet and we headed towards Toad Hall - it's always quieter here than the toilets across from Peter Pan. On the way we could see the Queen of Hearts meeting

IMG_7081.JPG

Toad Hall was closed off (not unusual) and they were filming some kind of cooking show outside

IMG_7082.JPG

Over to Adventureland now we passed Pirates. The queue line was right outside and all the way back to the entrance. I don't think I've ever seen that before.

Adventure Isle looking great however the pirate ship does need a new coat of paint

P1030308.JPG

P1030306.JPG

Captain Hook was meeting and further along Jafar was also meeting

IMG_7094.JPG

Some hat trying on....

P1030309.JPG

P1030318.JPG
And a wee hello to these two

P1030313.JPG

A visit to check that the coca cola can was working

P1030315.JPG

It was :)

Then it was time for our lunch at Hakuna Matata.

IMG_7091.JPG
We had selected a time of 13:00 - 13:10 and were a few minutes early. I clicked the link on the email that says 'I'm here!' and went inside.

This was the normal queue

IMG_6708.JPG

This was the mobile pick up queue :rotfl2:

IMG_6707.JPG

Not sure how things worked, I had been a tad concerned that our food would be sitting to the side waiting on us and getting cold. I was wrong. When I got to the counter the CM picked up the receipt that I assume had printed when I'd hit the email link. She then went and made up our meal, just as if we were at the main queue. It took less than 30 seconds. Fantastic service and finally DLP can say they do quick service meals!

We all had the chicken strips and fries, with a drink and mini magnum ice-cream.
IMG_7095.JPG

The food was piping hot and delicious as usual. Best chicken strips at DLP.

Off now into Frontierland and checked BTM - 50 minute wait time so we didn't stop.

Last edited:
We headed up to the back end of Frontierland where there isn't much happening just now. Some Coco photos on the way

P1030319.JPG

P1030320.JPG

P1030323.JPG

And of course the pumpkin heads

P1030326.JPG

P1030327.JPG

P1030334.JPG

P1030333.JPG

It's lovely and quiet up here, a perfect place to rest with a drink or some food from Cowboy BBQ Cookout.

Frontierland Theatre looking lovely - currently closed as the Lion King show takes a break.

P1030332.JPG

P1030336.JPG

IMG_7100.JPG

Last edited:

It was beautiful weather now, quite hot and sunny. A perfect Disneyland Paris day.

Back into Fantasyland again, we check pirates on the way and was still very busy. As it was such a beautiful day, we couldn't not have a wee cruise on the Story Boats, so off we went to see how busy it was.

The queue said 15 minutes but it was a wee bit quicker.

P1030339.JPG

I adore this ride, I don't think I'll ever tire of it.

P1030341.JPG

P1030343.JPG

P1030349.JPG

P1030351.JPG

After this we headed towards Discoveryland. I couldn't resist another photo of Small World - it's sooooo pretty :love:

P1030354.JPG

P1030355.JPG

The gates to DL were closed so we went in past the castle stage. I thought I'd taken a photo of it, but for some reason don't have it. It has a screen on it that changes with various villans and looked really good.

The boys went over to Star Tours, showing a 10 minute wait but said it was more like 20 when they came off. John and I sat beside Space Mountain and enjoyed the rest.

Looking at the wait times, everything was so, so busy. Have I said that before?? Having been to Disneyland Paris many times in the past, we decided not to try for any more rides and take some time in the shops and then head back to the hotel for a rest.

We liked this Beauty and the Beast picture in Harringtons. It's a really lovely shop.

IMG_7109.JPG

P1030263.JPG

I really like the detail in the garlands in Main St. They could easily just have put up orange flowers, but the little pumpkin heads really make it

P1030261.JPG

Our plan for later was to try the Studios in the last hour before park closing time to see if we could get on some rides a wee bit quicker. All tired now we wandered around the shops in the village. Lewis bought a nice Mandalorian t-shirt and Mark got some presents for home.

JTIP9326.JPG

Back at the hotel we put our feet up for an hour - it really is a lovely hotel.

Before going back out, we thought we'd take a wee look around the Super Hero Station in the hotel. This is open only to hotel guests and you can book a slot if you want to meet a character. If you aren't bothered about meeting anyone, you can just go in and use the photo points. The boys had a good laugh in here.

P1030357.JPG

P1030359.JPG

P1030363.JPG

P1030368.JPG

P1030371.JPG

P1030373.JPG

P1030379.JPG

P1030384.JPG

P1030383.JPG

P1030394.JPG

P1030396.JPG

Off outside now for some more pictures before going back to the Studios.

P1030398.JPG

P1030402.JPG

IMG_0195.JPG

Inside the Studios the boys went off for Spider-man. It was around 6pm now I think.

John and I hopped on the carpets with a 5 min wait time. I notice that the loading process has changed a wee bit here. The CM now has a whiteboard with a map of the ride and carriages. Each one is numbered and you're told which number to go to. A great idea and saves on everyone scrambling for a carpet.

It looks like the Genie is standing on John's head, lol

P1030405.JPG

P1030406.JPG

I always enjoy this wee ride - reminds me of my days spent with Lewis while the others would be on the bigger rides.

Next we headed to Ratatoullie

P1030407.JPG

IMG_6711.JPG

IMG_E6710.JPG

Single rider was a walk on again. It has shown a 10 min wait but was no where near. Much faster.

Next we thought we'd try Parachutes single rider. It had a wait time of only 5 mins but was more like 10. Again they had the same whiteboard ride loading system which was good.

Whilst we were on here the boys had manged to do Spider-man and Avengers flight force.

IMG_0235.JPG

IMG_0407.JPG

We used the path that goes from Toy Story Playland all the way back to the Avengers campus - almost nobody else there. The park was closed now but we took our time taking some photos once we'd met up with the boys.

IMG_0046.JPG

IMG_0194.JPG

IMG_6721.JPG

IMG_6720.JPG

IMG_0252.JPG

IMG_6724.JPG
IMG_0248.JPG

IMG_0307.JPG

Time now for Annette's. We knew the queue would be busy but it's a wee tradition to eat here so we just prepared for the wait.

IMG_0021.JPG

I don't remember how long we waited, probably about 40
minutes.

IMG_0361.JPG

These little details bring me so much joy...

IMG_6728.JPG

I ordered the Rock and Roll burger, as I always do.

IMG_6734.JPG

I don't know why, but the cheese was very, very spicy with some kind of red chilli or something through it. Anyway, I scraped that off and it was ok. I should have read the menu properly, maybe they've changed it :confused:

Mark and Lewis had some other kind of burger

IMG_0284.JPG

IMG_E6729.JPG

IMG_E6732.JPG

We had a lovely meal again, as we always do. I wish they'd play the music and do the dancing again like they used to. Didn't see any roller skates either this time.

Now it was getting late and there was no time to go back to Disneyland Park. I realised that we'd missed the Disney D Light show - I wasn't fussed about Illuminations but I was a wee bit annoyed with myself that we'd missed the 30th show. Thank goodness for youtube. It looks like it was really good.

Now we wandered through the Village. I had loads of change in my purse from previous visits. We pay for everything by card these days so I was determined to use it up for something. I noticed the coin machines beside the first shop in the village, but didn't have any 1E coins. We went inside the shop and I was able to get a 30th Anniversary coin using up my change from the CM.

Whilst in here I also remembered that I'd got a 20E gift card when I'd checked in. It had been part of their price match deal. I'd need to remember to use this tomorrow.

Absolutely exhausted, we slowly made our way through the village shops and back to the hotel. I liked this wee photo op beside Earl of Sandwich

IMG_E6739.JPG

IMG_E6741.JPG

IMG_6742.JPG

Too tired for the bar tonight we went straight to our room. I started the dreaded packing - were we really leaving tomorrow? It was just too quick.....

Avengers Campus looks really good. Strange not having the ice rink outside the hotel now.

Avengers Campus looks really good. Strange not having the ice rink outside the hotel now.
It is strange, but honestly they've had so many things over the years - remember the quad bikes, lol - it's kind of nice to see some green space. I think it'll be lovely in summer.

It is strange, but honestly they've had so many things over the years - remember the quad bikes, lol - it's kind of nice to see some green space. I think it'll be lovely in summer.

It does look good, just not used to seeing it. I think its more fitting for the hotel :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter