Halloween at California Adventure

birdmom

ONE BY ONE THE BIRDS TOOK MY SANITY!!!
We just got our tickets for what we thought was going to be trick-or-treating at Disneyland, come to find out that its at California Adventure. Has anyone did this before and know what to except, will we see the princess or classic Disney charters?

We got our also, and I already knew it was in Ca. Adventure. They will close the park at 6:00p.m. to prep for the party which goes 7:30p.m. - 11:30p.m. It should be very good from what I've heard. We did trick or treating in Downtown disney before they had the actual halloween party in the park. It's o.k. though let your kids get their fill and then finish the night in Disneyland which will be open the trick or treat nights till 12 midnight! P.s. I read your thing on how much your trip is costing you. Believe me I know, we just got back from 14 days in DIsneyworld, Florida.....$7,200, my son's face was pricless.

Thanks tinkerbelltris, so we are going oct 29th. am i correct in understanding Disneyland will be open late for Halloween activities as well? We plan on buy annual passes on the 28 and making a short trip of this whole thing. Also will Disneyland give Candy to the kids as well or are they just open late? Ps. The cruise was great we already booked another one!

They have a bunch of halloween decorations all over the Disneyland park. ANd you may know alos they have revamped haunted mansion only for the halloween - christmas holiday (oct.1? - Jan 4, 2007) into nightmare before christmas. If you have not seen the mansion redone for this occation it will be a huge treat for your family. They do a great job. I am not sure if they will be giving out any candy in disneyland..... I want to say they might be, but just not sure. I was also disappointed about it being in CA. Adventure but at least Disneyland is open till midnight, so when we get bored we can run across to the main gate. I know downtown disney and the three disneyland hotels DO give out candy. And the build a bear shop in downtown disney has all kinds of disney costumes to dress your bear up in after you make your bear. COst @ $30 per bear. It's fun though. We've never done the disney cruise, always wanted to but DS 7 and DH have a huge fear of boats. SO we stick to planes and land. HAHA. We got back from WDW Florida in June, and planned a quick trip to DIsneyland for Oct. 8 - 10. We have to renew Annual passes so the trip is gonna cost a tad more than I expected.

TinkerbellTris said:
DS 7 and DH have a huge fear of boats. .

Just tell them its not a boat it a SHIP :rotfl: put dh on the cruise board for 1 day and he'll sign up!!! Thanks for the info

We did this last year, and will be back again. It's a lot of fun.

Disneyland does not give out candy. Maybe on Oct 31, but not on the rest of the days. Don't fret about candy though, you will have a ton of it. There's 15-20 trick or treat stops during the party and you get a handful at each. Last year I didn't even buy candy to give out at home, we had so much from our Disney trip.

One word of caution about heading back to DL after the party. If anyone over 9 (maybe 12) is dressed in costume, they won't let you in the park. We thought about having a change of clothes in a locker, but we were so pooped after the party that we just went back to our room.

got2travel said:
One word of caution about heading back to DL after the party. If anyone over 9 (maybe 12) is dressed in costume, they won't let you in the park. We thought about having a change of clothes in a locker, but we were so pooped after the party that we just went back to our room.

HMMM I hope that they wont stop my 10 year old. She is going to be wearing a Disney princess costume so it not like she will have a mask or anything.

Last year they had the princesses, classic Disney characters, and the Disney villains in the park. There's a write-up on last year's Mickey's Halloween Treat here - from what I've heard, I expect this year to be similar, except that there are more "treat" stops, and the party will be an hour longer (4 hours instead of 3): http://allearsnet.com/dlr/tp/dca/mht5.htm

Hope that helps! We went last year, and are going again this year.

birdmom said:
HMMM I hope that they wont stop my 10 year old. She is going to be wearing a Disney princess costume so it not like she will have a mask or anything.

A 10 year old will be on an adult ticket so they may not let her in to DL in a costume. I would pack a change of clothes just in case.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter