Hallmark Movies ❤️ comfort & joy

Reminder for Sunday:

Reposting. :lmao: But for REAL this time. :thumbsup2

The Way Home: Season 2, episode 4 is on the Hallmark Channel at 9pm ET.

If you've watched the last couple of episodes:

Does anyone besides me think the new girl working with Kat at the paper and in the audience at the open-mic night is Alice's daughter traveling from the future?

Saturday's movie premiere:
The fourth and last
4346d46c.gif
Loveuary 💓 movie is:

Sense and Sensibility on the Hallmark Channel at 8pm ET/PT.

Re-airs:
  • Sunday February 25 at 5pm ET/PT /4c
  • Thursday February 29 at 8pm ET/PT /7c
  • Saturday March 9 at 2pm ET/PT /1c
  • Monday March 25 at 12pm ET/PT /11c
Starring: Deborah Ayorinde, Bethany Antonia and Dan Jeannotte.
Description: A period adaptation of Jane Austen's Sense and Sensibility. After a change in circumstances, Marianne is torn between two men, while Elinor longs for a man beyond reach.

From: https://www.kget.com/community/ricks-reviews/sense-and-sensibility-part-of-hallmark-salute-to-love/

"This is a Hallmark Mahogany Presentation, committed to connecting, celebrating and uplifting Black culture, with a nearly all black cast.

Toni Judkins, senior vice president development for Hallmark, was determined that this version would remain loyal to the original text. It is also a way to make the production different from all the other adaptations of “Sense and Sensibility.”

“We felt what was important to do was to bring all the richness that embodies Mahogany and have that in various layers throughout the project. So, it wasn’t really a call to try and make this an African American experience, just being true to the property, but adding those layers be it color, or little Easter eggs,” Judkins says. [. . .]

Despite the fast pace of the story set in Regency-era England no shortcuts were taken.

Author and Regency-era historian Vanessa Riley served as a historical consultant.

“Part of my role was to make sure everyone understood from a historical standpoint what were the traditions and illuminate more of Black history,” Riley says. “Black history is Regency history. They’re Easter eggs throughout because you will see paintings of Black heroes who lived during this timeframe.
“Famous women that you all should know, that should all be in our history books. And every aspect was intentional from the hair to the costumes. They let me nerd out and I was really appreciative of that.”

Even the colors for the dresses had to be exactly right for the time period. That task fell to Kara Saun of “Project Runway” fame. She worked closely with Riley to make sure the looks were right from the period of financial problems to the more successful moments.

Saun used muted colors at the beginning and then went to a more vibrant color palette as the film progressed.

“I really wanted to bring our own unique style and vision to ‘Sense and Sensibility.’ And the way that you can think about it really is these colors did exist in the Regency Era,” Sau says. “There was this mint color. There was this raspberry color. Just think of anything in the color of a flower basically that you can make into fabric. “Everything that I designed in this movie had a reason for being. There’s nothing there just by chance. It’s all intentional. Each character had their own colorway. I really kept the characters in the colorway that, to me, represented who they were, and that’s these really rich and vibrant colors just like the characters were really rich and vibrant.”​

I just noticed that Hallmark Movies & Mysteries is reshowing all the Signed, Sealed, & Delivered movies today (Saturday) in order. I know many of you have said how much you like those so wanted to be sure to give a shout out!

I switched from Spectrum Cable to YouTube TV right before Christmas and lost all my favorite DVRed movies. So glad they are re-airing this series to record again. 🥰

Reminder for Sunday:

The Way Home: Season 2, episode 5 is on the Hallmark Channel at 9pm ET.

Also CrimeTime: Freefall (Season 1, Episode 1) re-airs on Hallmark Movies & Mysteries at 7pm ET/PT / 6c.

This is a new mystery series.

CrimeTime: Freefall (Season 1, Episode 1) on Hallmark Movies & Mysteries at 9pm ET / 8c

Re-airs: Sunday February 25 at 7pm ET /6c
Wednesday February 28 at 7pm ET /6c
Saturday March 2 at 9pm ET /8c
Friday March 15 at 7pm ET /6c
Sunday March 24 at 9pm ET /8c

Starring: Lyndie Greenwood and Luke Macfarlane.
Description: True crime TV actress, Hadley Warner, retires to a small town where she encounters her first real-life case. Using her TV crime knowledge, she teams up with Detective Shawn Caden to solve the case.

I watched An American in Austen. I liked it. I'm going to have to watch the beginning again as I was multitasking and had it on in the background at first.

I thought it was going to be a re-creation of Pride and Prejudice, where the main character becomes Elizabeth Bennett (the character.) Wow, I just had a thought that if Eliza Bennett, the actress, played Elizabeth Bennett, the character, would something weird happen in the Universe? :teleport:

But, the character actually stays who she is, "Harriet," and is an extra character in the Pride and Prejudice storyline. It was actually rather inventive how it played out! :thumbsup2

Last edited:
BONUS on Monday!

This is an extra bonus movie during Loveuary month. But, it's not Jane Austen themed.

Martin Kove (of Karate Kid & Cobra Kai) is in this movie with his son, Jesse Kove.

A Taste of Love is on the Hallmark Channel at 9pm ET.

There are currently no re-air dates listed for this movie.

Starring: Erin Cahill, Jesse Kove and Martin Kove.
Description: Struggling to find her culinary voice as a Network TV star, Taylor returns to her hometown to visit her parents. She must choose between her renewed relationship, saving her family restaurant, or her dream career as a worldwide known chef.

I watched A Taste of Love. I can see why it was slipped into the schedule and on an off-night for Hallmark. They didn't want to waste a Saturday night for it.

It was an OKAY movie. Very formulaic, where the female lead comes home and tries to help her parents' business from being sold.

Martin Kove played Erin Cahill's dad. He was fine in the role. He plays a nice guy. And while he seemed to try to tone it down, Martin just has a larger than life personality. Erin was able to hold her own. And they had a wonderful relationship as father and daughter. And Martin had a lot of screen-time in the movie. In fact, more so, than I think other fathers in similar Hallmark movies may have had screen-time. (That, or again it's because Martin has such a huge personality onscreen.)

And that's where the movie starts having some imbalance. Martin's real-life son, Jesse plays his son. Maybe, having such a huge personae for a father always put Jesse in a more subdued position. Or Jesse naturally has more of a subdued personality. He just didn't seem to have as much screen time as the first male lead should have. And as a character in the film, he came in third to Erin and Martin. He was kind of bland. Luckily, Erin had enough charisma to carry both of them in their scenes.

It kind of makes me wonder if , once the producers were able to get Martin Kove, whether they wrote a bigger part for him. Or as they were rehearsing the movie, they realized Martin has a bigger personality than his son, so they altered the movie as they went along. Or whether Martin said he would only do the movie, if his son was cast as the lead - a two-fer deal, knowing this would give Jesse a big boost on his resume as the romantic lead in a Hallmark film.

Again, the movie is okay. More of a watch one time and done kind of a movie.

Those that watch The Way Home-
Spoiler of the last episode

The lady that saved Kat both her wound and on the horse is Susanna Augustine (Elliott's last name is Augustine). The guy in the top hat trying to stop Kat on the road asking her why she is in his town is Cyrus Goodwin. The lady in the mansion on the hill that passed away in 2024 is Evelyn Goodwin. The guy that shot Kat is Thomas Coyle? Colton's guitar has a sticker on it that says Coyles.

Finally going back and reading your spoiler. Interesting connections there! :teacher:

I'm still 2 episodes behind. Well, 3 after tonight's episode. So, I still haven't read PollyannaMom's spoiler yet.

I watched Sense and Sensibility on Peacock this afternoon. I think this was the first Loveuary movie that followed the original Austen plotline. I thought it was well done and loved the little Mahogany nods, such as the mention of Phyllis Wheatley and violin chords of Seal's "Kiss from a Rose".

I know Jane Austen isn't for everybody, but I've enjoyed the focus on her works this month. :goodvibes

1708905590980.png

I watched Sense and Sensibility on Peacock this afternoon. I think this was the first Loveuary movie that followed the original Austen plotline. I thought it was well done and loved the little Mahogany nods, such as the mention of Phyllis Wheatley and violin chords of Seal's "Kiss from a Rose".

I know Jane Austen isn't for everybody, but I've enjoyed the focus on her works this month. :goodvibes

View attachment 836839
I watched it this afternoon, and I loved it! I think this might be my favorite Loveuary movie 🍿 I enjoyed every aspect — but I have to call out the costumes which were ❤️‍🔥 Seriously, they outdid themselves and it was the best costuming I’ve seen in a Hallmark movie.

View attachment 836839

I watched it this afternoon, and I loved it! I think this might be my favorite Loveuary movie 🍿 I enjoyed every aspect — but I have to call out the costumes which were ❤️‍🔥 Seriously, they outdid themselves and it was the best costuming I’ve seen in a Hallmark movie.

Thank you both for the recommendation. I've never read or seen Sense and Sensibility before. I would have hated to watch a movie I end up not liking and then you guys tell me, "Oh no, the book/story is a lot better than that. Try a different movie." And I'm thinking, "I think not." :crazy2: Now, I'm looking forward to watching this version. :thumbsup2

Last edited:
I'm still 2 episodes behind. Well, 3 after tonight's episode. So, I still haven't read PollyannaMom's spoiler yet.
That's OK, I don't think what I wrote is correct anymore. (I think I must have missed the character's introduction, as they mentioned a last name and town connection in Episodes 5.)

My husband rolled his eyes as I’m rewatching another Murder She Baked movie. His comment today, “With Allison Sweeny finding so many murdered people, do they ever assume it’s her? That she’s guilty?” Hmmm, why yes, there’s at least one episode where she’s briefly considered a suspect. Lol

NO new movies this week or next week on either the Hallmark Channel or on Hallmark Movies & Mysteries.

The Way Home
IS on each week as regularly scheduled.

This may be the new decision of the CEO Hallmark CEO. Or the previous SAG strike is still having an after effect. :confused3

If the new CEO's doing it because she also believes in quality of the movies over quantity, (having one every week,) I am all for it.

Last month for Loveuary, we had some really good movies. 🥰 The budgets for the period costumes, props and the locations must have been huge (for Hallmark.) So, if that means less movies here and there, I prefer it. There have been several times where I've turned off a movie after 20 minutes. So, I didn't really get to watch a new movie that week. And I think how much money was wasted on making it. :sad2:

NO new movies this week or next week on either the Hallmark Channel or on Hallmark Movies & Mysteries.

The Way Home
IS on each week as regularly scheduled.

This may be the new decision of the CEO Hallmark CEO. Or the previous SAG strike is still having an after effect. :confused3

If the new CEO's doing it because she also believes in quality of the movies over quantity, (having one every week,) I am all for it.

Last month for Loveuary, we had some really good movies. 🥰 The budgets for the period costumes, props and the locations must have been huge (for Hallmark.) So, if that means less movies here and there, I prefer it. There have been several times where I've turned off a movie after 20 minutes. So, I didn't really get to watch a new movie that week. And I think how much money was wasted on making it. :sad2:
I agree, I prefer fewer quality movies over unwatchable ones 🤷🏽‍♀️ I hope it is a new day at Hallmark! 🎉🍿💓

Reminder for Friday:

This is a new mystery series.

CrimeTime: Freefall (Season 1, Episode 1) on Hallmark Movies & Mysteries at 9pm ET / 8c

Re-airs: Sunday February 25 at 7pm ET /6c
Wednesday February 28 at 7pm ET /6c
Saturday March 2 at 9pm ET /8c
Friday March 15 at 7pm ET /6c
Sunday March 24 at 9pm ET /8c

Starring: Lyndie Greenwood and Luke Macfarlane.
Description: True crime TV actress, Hadley Warner, retires to a small town where she encounters her first real-life case. Using her TV crime knowledge, she teams up with Detective Shawn Caden to solve the case.

We enjoyed it.

Last night we enjoyed, “Guiding Emily.” Garth was so adorable, and I can imagine a dog acting like that. Also, I can imagine Emily reacting the way she did to her blindness. So lucky she had such good co-workers who appreciated her.

A new Hallmark movie again this weekend! 🥳 🎉
(Only on Friday. Still no new movie on Saturday.)

Friday's Premiere:

On Hallmark Movies & Mysteries:
Crimes of Fashion
on at 9pm ET

Re-airs:
  • Sunday March 17 7/6c
  • Wednesday March 20 7/6c
  • Saturday March 23 9/8c
  • Sunday April 14 9/8c
Starring: Brooke D'Orsay and Gilles Marini.
Description: An American psychologist, hired to coach a fashion designer, helps a guarded French detective unravel a list of fashionable suspects after a murder happens backstage of a Paris fashion show.

Finally going back and reading your spoiler. Interesting connections there! :teacher:

The only person I know that watches this is my sister and she's waiting for the entire season to be over to start watching. I have no one to go....omg did you see that? LOL Pollyannamom-no on the spoiler but I do think there is another connection but not sure. Imzadi-can't wait to hear your comments after you watch the next few episodes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter