• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Hall of Presidents Reopening in August!

Checking in to see if there is a date yet.....I'm thinking they NEED people eaters sooner rather than later so I am really hoping it will be open by the 8th of August!!!

In all my trips I've never done this attraction. Maybe if it's open when we go next month we'll try it, maybe just for the ac.

Sadly I will have to check this out on next years trip. The only AC spots I know of in MK are Phillhar Magic, the shops on main street, I must learn of the other AC spots LOL.

Sadly I will have to check this out on next years trip. The only AC spots I know of in MK are Phillhar Magic, the shops on main street, I must learn of the other AC spots LOL.

Being Disney in the heat veterans, aside from those mentioned, some of our get out of the sun and/or rest spots, are Haunted Mansion (when wait is <20), Peoplemover, Emporium (or any shop on Main St), Dole whip while sitting on the wall in the shade at the exit of the Tiki room, and we always seem to get lucky with a table at Gaston's.

The absolute worst place? The queue for Big Thunder Mountain. Especially where the ramp goes down to the loading area.

Ah I forgot to go to gaston's on my most recent trip. I wanted to grab the cupcake with the grey stuff on it.

What about Pirates?
small world?

I just rode Pirates for the first time last month and that would be a good ride to get on. I rode Small World on my very first Disney World trip back in 2015. I vowed NEVER to ride that again. That song is super annoying and the ride seems like it goes on FOREVER. On top of all that, the ride is overall boring to me LOL. Worst ride at Disney World in my opinion.

I just read that there was no short speech from POTUS Biden? If that's true, that's too bad. I have enjoyed that aspect of the show since Clinton?

I remember as a kid wanting the current POTUS to address the audience and it was literally the only thing I predicted as a kid would be a great add to WDW and then they did add it when I got older. I always told my Dad "See, Disney listened to me." :)

I just read that there was no short speech from POTUS Biden? If that's true, that's too bad. I have enjoyed that aspect of the show since Clinton?

I remember as a kid wanting the current POTUS to address the audience and it was literally the only thing I predicted as a kid would be a great add to WDW and then they did add it when I got older. I always told my Dad "See, Disney listened to me." :)
There is somewhat a speech, I watched a recording just now. He recites the oath.

There is somewhat a speech, I watched a recording just now. He recites the oath.
Well then, I call Bull on that. Not that you are incorrect because I believe what you posted. But, that's just Bull that POTUS or WDW or both didn't do a short speech. The Oath of Office isn't really a message to the audience meant to inspire. That's just reciting a promise he already made publicly.

Well then, I call Bull on that. Not that you are incorrect because I believe what you posted. But, that's just Bull that POTUS or WDW or both didn't do a short speech. The Oath of Office isn't really a message to the audience meant to inspire. That's just reciting a promise he already made publicly.
For what it’s worth, It is definitely the oath of office that is spoken.(and not anything more) Watched it today. I have to say though that the entire show is fantastic. I have seen it many times since 2010 and to me, most of the show seems new as far as the visuals and narrative. Or maybe I fell asleep for a good part of it before, it’s just so nice in the theater! I really thought it was moving and excellent today though

Dan

I am disappointed about that but I understand. The HoP has gotten so divisive, it seems best to just do the oath of office and avoid a speech altogether. Every post I've seen about the HoP contains inflammatory comments/content and I'm sure WDW wants to avoid that behavior in the parks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter