• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Half day or full day at Hollywood Studios

I realize I'm in the minority here, but my family can easily spend a full day at DHS. My kids are 11 and 9 so we do all the rides. We like to see Indy and sometimes we'll do another show or two. We usually do a late lunch at Sci Fi and then stay for either F! or the Star Wars fireworks. IMO, even without spending much time on Star Wars stuff, there is plenty to do for the full day.

One of my favorite parks! We spent 12 hours and didn't do it all. But we also love Star Wars.

We need a day and a half, but it really doesn't matter how much time everyone else needs because everyone has different interests.

Make a list of the things you'd like to do and then out them into a touring plan. That will give you a good idea of how much time you need to allow.

We need a day and a half, but it really doesn't matter how much time everyone else needs because everyone has different interests.

Make a list of the things you'd like to do and then out them into a touring plan. That will give you a good idea of how much time you need to allow.

Is there a touring plan online or just write it on paper and estimate?

Half day. Not even that, just an evening park for us. We arrived at about 5 and stayed until close (9pm). In that time we did the following:

Star Tours
Muppet Vision
Little Mermaid
Tower of Terror
All character meet and greets that were open (Mickey and Minnie, Olaf, Star Wars, Disney Jr)
Ate dinner
Star Wars launch bay and film
Star Wars fireworks

What we did not do (because we weren’t interested)
Rockin rollercoaster
Stunt show
Frozen sing along
Fantasmic
Beauty and the Beast

Toy Story Midway Mania was closed

If we were interested in the above, we could have accomplished it all still by arriving after lunch. We also did not use any FP because there really weren’t any lines. Everything was pretty quick. This was last week. Once TSL opens, you might need to allow some extra time.

Previous trips it was a half day park. We would have lunch at Brown Derby and then either leave or hit 1-2 more things.

This trip it will be a couple hours park. We don't want to deal with the crazy that will be Toy Story Land. Plus it is a short trip and we want more time in Epcot and MK so we have to cut somewhere. We will get there at Rope Drop, split up to do ToT (me) and RnRC (her), then hit Star Tours, and end with Launching Bay. Then we are leaving to MK.

Is there a touring plan online or just write it on paper and estimate?
Well, there are plenty of touring plans available, but it's better to make your own. Only you know what rides and attractions appeal to your family. If you're unsure about how much time to allow or the most efficient order in which to do everything, a subscription to touringplans.com is well worth the $10. Their custom touring plan generator is pretty good.

We have NO trouble filling the day at HS. Between line wait times, shops, eating and events, we are good from rope drop to the final firework of the Star Wars show. Just watching those Stormtroopers parade several times a day is such fun!

I would wait to see if you need to add the park hopper. You can add it that day if you decide to hop.

It totally depends on your ride and attraction preference, when you go, and who you are with. There's a ton of fun things to do with little kids (muppet vision 3D, also cool animation studio things). Also, Toy Story Land will be opening on the 30th of June, and there's a small roller coaster there as well as other small, but cool rides. That being said, it'll be extremely busy at Hollywood Studios because of Toy Story Land so lines may take a long time, and will affect whether you should do a full day or half day. I just went in the beginning of summer (9/10 on the crowded scale according to Disney) and I did all attractions I needed to in a half day (with fastpasses for RNRC, TOT etc) . If you're really looking for a half day then get some FP's ready for the long line infamous rides (RNRC, TOT, ) and get there when the park opens :)

Because of the way Disney prices multi-day tickets, it is usually cheaper to add a day to the ticket than add park hoppers. If you don't like star wars or want to see the new toy story land, I would just skip it. If you want to go, get the extra day instead of park hoppers and spend your downtime at the hotel pool or Disney springs or mini-golf.
Just wanted to clarify something. It's important to know that to go to more than one park in a day, you have to have a hopper ticket. No way around that, unfortunately.

Some folks think that you can add an extra day to your tickets and then to use two "days" at different parks on the same day. It doesn't work like that. Unless you have the hopper option, there is no way to go to more than one park on a single day. Disney's ticketing system knows which parks you have gone to, and won't let you into a second park without a hopper.

Just wanted to clarify!

Last trip my kids were 15 and 9. We spent two days at DHS. We broke them into 4 half days with our PH's. We do a lot of the shows, we ride RnRC and ToT over and over, one night we did the fireworks, the other night we did Fantasmic. After we did Fantasmic one night we rode TSM about 4 times in a half hour. We do not do any Star Wars stuff at all.

Next trip it's just DD and myself and I again have 2 days planned. We may be throwing in an extra half day on top of it if we do a park on departure day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter