hairbraiding?

Lynnie 2002

Earning My Ears
Does anyone know if they do hairbraiding at the Vistana Resort. I know they do it at all the disney resorts, but we will be staying off site this year. This is one of my Daughters favorite things to do.

Are you talking about the single thread deal, not the whole head? We were at the Vistana Resort last year and did not see anyone doing hairbraids. My daugther got the single one at Animal Kingdom last year. This year we stayed at the Hilton Grand Vacation Club and there was someone doing these hairbraids so my Daugther had one done there (cost $20).

Lynnie 2002, Yes they do hair wraps @ VR. We stayed there in Feb & my DD's got it done @ the large pool between Lakes & Fountains. The girl was there on Wednesday & Saturday. We were lucky And had it done late wednesday afternoon not a great pool day so no waiting. When we were at the pool on saturday around 1PM there were some very unhappy moms who were really nasty to the poor girl, b/c they were waiting so long. My advice is to get your name on her list early. I also have to say that this young women handled heself with much more grace than the moms did. It was very windy & taking her much longer to wrap. :)

N'vergone, thanks so much for your reply. My daughter will be very excited! This is one of her favorite things to do. We will have to head over to the pool early Wednesday. Another question for you ,What section did you stay in? Were you happy with it? Would you stay in that section again? If not, what section would you like to stay in? Thanks!!!!

Hi Lynnie,

We stayed in Lakes (1919) top floor in bldg. between the Lakes pool & Fountain pool. Great location if your family are pool hounds like mine. We were very pleased with the Villa. It was HUGE! If you are used to staying in Disney resorts or DVC which we toured while there, you won't believe the room. We also toured the Cascades section and they are somewhat smaller, but newer and also very nice.
It was clean & well maintained. It is 4 mins to disney maingate & we had no problem coming back to change(wet clothes -Kali river) or to swim for a while & go back to the parks for evening. We are a family of 5 (3 kids 8,9 &12) and the fact that after a long day t the parks we could come home and everyone had their own bed and TV was great. Cut way down on crankieness. Any other questions just ask!

N'vergone, are the lakes and fountains sections across the road from the rest of the resort? We are going to be staying in the cascade section. Is this too small for a family of four. The kids are 9 & 10? How was the minature golf and the restaurants? Thanks

Lynnie,

Lakes & Fountain are on the other side of the road. You will be fine in Cascades, still plenty of room. Cascades is the newest section and decorated very nice. Pool is nice too. We took the TS tour and it was in the Cascades rec buildging, so I got a good look see at it all. Have a great time and know your choice of resort will not let you down.

PS: re the resturants, We ordered from Pizza hut one night, and what they say on this board is true, They don't really take orders over the phone. DH went down & ordered and waited for the pizza. We ordered from the Cascades Grill one night & it was good and came in a reasonable time(to the villa).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter