Hair Frizz

I'm new to the humidity hair frizz thing as we recently moved to he south, but I find myself applying a lot of leave in conditioner to help manage it. Then hair spray on top of that. I'd love to know what others use to solve this issue.

Following...we just moved to the Southeast too. I get ready for the day, the I walk outside and it's just like I haven't done a thing to my hair. I've tried many different products. Nothing has worked so far.

I just keep my hair in pigtail braids (low). I have very long, very thick, and now, due to medications, wavy hair. My hair goes NUTS.

I have the craziest hair. It really does not behave like anyone else's that I've ever known. It's very wavy/slightly curly and at home is quite frizzy. I live in the PNW so moderate temps, not super humid but not dessert dry either. I managed to forget my hairbrush at home on our last WDW trip and honestly, my hair has never looked better or been more manageable! I would shower in the morning, finger comb it, work in some Frizz-Ease serum and throw on a headband. I always had a hair tie with me but I only put it up once the entire week and that was during our marathon of riding Expedition Everest 8 times in a row. I'm almost tempted to purposely leave my brush at home again.

No matter what I do, my hair makes me look like a Wookie at WDW, especially at AK. I've used all kinds of frizz stuff and nothing can hold up to that level of humidity. Of course, we live in the south as well, so it's just something I deal with as I have to. But at WDW, there's no escape. I typically end up with my hair in a messy bun 90% of the time. It's long, so leaving it down is hot anyway, and a ponytail just looks awful by the end of a long day, as it grows with the humidity.

I wear a lot of ponytails and braids with baseball hats while at WDW. My secret, I leave my hat on until I jump in the pool!!

After lots of research and looking at reviews. I found a product that works for me. It is KMS California Anti Humidity Seal. It is a spray you put on your hair after it is styled. I have used this on our last few cruises and Florida trips and was able to keep my hair down the entire time. It is a bit spendy but I get mine on Amazon at about $16 a can.

I moved to southwest Florida a year ago, and I still haven't mastered protecting my hair from frizz. My sister has had minor success with some of the John Frieda anti-frizz products. Right now I'm trying out the Redken anti-frizz line. It's pricey, but so far it's doing okay, though I haven't used it long enough to decide if it really works. When I'm at Disney, I normally admit defeat and throw my hair in a ponytail (which still poofs like crazy) or a bun.

I have the craziest hair. It really does not behave like anyone else's that I've ever known. It's very wavy/slightly curly and at home is quite frizzy. I live in the PNW so moderate temps, not super humid but not dessert dry either. I managed to forget my hairbrush at home on our last WDW trip and honestly, my hair has never looked better or been more manageable! I would shower in the morning, finger comb it, work in some Frizz-Ease serum and throw on a headband. I always had a hair tie with me but I only put it up once the entire week and that was during our marathon of riding Expedition Everest 8 times in a row. I'm almost tempted to purposely leave my brush at home again.

I discovered the same thing! I was rushing to work one day and forgot to blow dry or brush my hair. Someone commented on my hair a few hours later - the curls were insane, the frizz non existant. Since then, I just air dry/finger comb. It's not great, still, but way better..

I'm from Georgia so it's a natural state for me. When my hair is long enough at Disney, I wear it in a pony tail and always wear a cap since I'm allergic to the sun. When it's short, I just let it do it's thing but still wear a cap.

Matrix has new Style link Air Dry products that are awesome. They have 3 for different hair types. They have controlled the summer frizz for me

I wear the mouse ear head bang and a low pony tail to deal with humidity. Not sure why i even blow dry my hair some mornings it frizzes up the second we walk out the door.

We live on the Texas coast, so a similar climate to Orlando. Really, you have to work with your hair type rather than against it. When we moved here, that meant embracing my wavy hair rather than trying to straighten it every day. If you have straight hair, don't bother to try and curl it. I wear my hair up a lot, mostly for the heat. Moisture is the best thing for frizzy hair - for me, that means a leave in conditioner, a moisturizing curl cream, and a volumizing mousse. I don't do Brazilian Blowouts or the like because of the formaldehyde, but I know those are popular for frizzies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter