Guests sleeping In Roommates Bed

Lynn CC

<font color=blue>DIS Veteran who is a veteran DISe
DS just started his Freshman year in college and is going to be coming home some weekends.
When your roommates going to be away is this common or not?
I don't like the idea of having someone else sleep in DS's Dorm Bed, but I have a feeling if he's not there on the weekends his roomate will have friends sleep over.
Thought I'd ask the experienced here!

My roomate and I did this last year. However, we set some general ground rules. For example, the person didn't actually sleep under the covers, they used blankets. If something happened/spilled etc on the bed she was responsilbe for cleaning or replacing it.
Also, generally I knew who was going to be sleeping there if anyone at all. I don't think its all that uncommon but I would reccomend that they talk about it so that it doesn't become an issue.

Oh geeze, I hadn't even thought about this. My roommate's (guy) friend is coming up next weekend while I'll be home. Guess I better have a chat with her.

I have never had this problem... Usually it would be my roomies girlfriend coming up, in which case they share his bed.

Thanks, I had a feeling that it wasn't all that uncommon to use a bed that wasn't being used. If it were me, I wouldn't like it at all, but it seems like you younger people are more the sharing type! I told DS to strip his bed before he left and just fold down the foam topper, take home his bedding and wash it, this way it will look like he's "airing out" while he's gone.
If someone sleeps there they will have to sleep on a bare mattress, unless they bring there own bedding!
I guess that's a way to get around it without sounding like your a germ freak. I've been nicknamed "miss sanitary" by my family, so I guess I've rubbed off onto DS a little over the years! LOL

monarchsfan16 said:
Oh geeze, I hadn't even thought about this. My roommate's (guy) friend is coming up next weekend while I'll be home. Guess I better have a chat with her.
don't worry...you're roommate's guy friend will be sleeping in he rbed..trust me.

daughter_of_amid_chaos said:
don't worry...you're roommate's guy friend will be sleeping in he rbed..trust me.
No this friend of her's is simply a guy friend. Another one of the roommates has offered her bed to him though, so I'm all set. The boyfriend who's coming this weekend will be in her bed though. That's already been discussed.

Well think about it, you're in a dorm room... how many people do you think slept on that matress before you?? Colleges aren't gonna go out a replace all the matresses each semester. So what makes the difference if some one sleeps on it while you're away, some one slept on it before you and will sleep on it after you. Just a little food for thought, for those "clean" type.
In any case, what matters is your bedding. When would you not take the opprotunity to come home with a trunk load full of dirty clothes for your mom to do while you're on break? Plus it's always nice to sleep on nice comphy clean sheets that your mom washes because for some reason they seem ten times cleaner than when you do it, and smell like home.
I'm sure your room-mate will supply thier guest with at least a blanket or something to sleep with. Just set some ground rules about letting them use your side of the room.

That's something that's got to be worked out between roommates. I haven't had a problem with it as long as it's been discussed ahead of time, but I would NEVER have offered my roommates bed w/o discussing it with her first. they shoud set the groundrules, and hope they stick to them!

a lot worst could be done to your roommates bad, i got "confused" one night and went to the wrong bed with another individual. oh man that was bad the next morning when he came home. anyways, im fine with anyone using my bed if they take a shower before and don't use my good pillow. but im a guy so i don't really care.

The only person I ever have sleep over is my girlfriend occasionally and I always let her have my bed. I'd personally feel very weird about just letting someone sleep in my roommate's bed without discussing it with him first.

as long as they discuss it that seems fine, and your son might want one of his friend's to sleep in his roommates bed in the future! I'd just make sure they washed whatever of mine they had used!

we don't have to share in our Uni's over here (thank goodness!) but if someone slept in the bed in my flat when I was home, I'd just expect my flat mates to make sure it was cleaned when i was back, or to use their own bedding.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter