Guests of residents using resort pools?

Kimkie

Earning My Ears
We are staying at the Contemporary next week and we have friends staying at the All Stars. We would like to visit each other and maybe use the pools at each others resort. Is there a policy on bringing a guest to your own pool?

The official policy is that Disney resort pools are exclusively for those staying at that particular resort. That being said, when you arrive, you may want to explain your situation to Guest Services at your resort and find out for sure directly from them.

Hope this helps!!! :D

Why not plan on spending a day together at one of the waterparks? Frankly the pools at both resorts are boring IMHO.

Anne

I agree with Anne, meet at the water parks...the pools are nothing special.

Thanks for the advice. I will do that. We are planing a day at a waterpark, but we tend to spend the afternoons relaxing by the pool. The kids get over tired if we spend all day in the parks. So if we can't have guests it will mean we cannot spend that relaxing time with our friends, who we have not seen for six years as we live in the UK!

Disney's policy is that you can only swim at the resort you are staying at. However, it's been often reported that if you'll just ask at the resort, they will allow it. Unless the pools are crowded, it probably wouldn't be a problem.

We are planing a day at a waterpark, but we tend to spend the afternoons relaxing by the pool. The kids get over tired if we spend all day in the parks.

I agree! the waterparks are fun, but relaxing they aren't!:D They really do get much more crowded than the resort pools ( well maybe except for SAB;) ). I would think if you have little ones, you wouldn't have much time to relax and visit! We don't have young children, but it has to be exhausting trying to keep up with them at the waterparks.

Really, many people have reported no problem at all with guest services allowing them to bring guests (even those not staying onsite at all) to the pool with them. They really do try their best to help their guests make their vacations pleasant and I'm sure if it's at all possible, they'll allow your requests. They have rules, but they "bend" them quite often to accomodate their guests. :D

If the pools aren't crowded, I really don't think that they would tell you no, especially since you know each other and are all staying on Disney property. I'd just ask, knowing that if they are crowded, they might turn you down. Maybe if they did say no, you could try different days and maybe the pools would be less crowded on an alternate day. I'm with peachgirl-if you're looking for relaxing with kids, waterparks are a non-alternative to a pool!

Have fun!!

:D

Ask! :D If it's not busy they will probably say yes. I didn't think the CR pool was all that bad. :p

Thanks for all the advice, that puts my mind at rest! Let's face it, if it's wet the kids are happy!!

Just like when we stay at resorts outside of Disney, and have guests visit, we have had guests in Disney resorts, including the pool. We OK'd it at the desk, and with the lifeguard, and they have always said sure, no problem.
Our guests lived in Florida and weren't staying at Disney. We left their names at the front desk, although when they came, they just had to give our name to the guard, and mention they were visiting.
Our grands think the pools at the Stars are fun...especially the "quiet" baseball pool at Sports. It squirts water at you...as does the main pool at music. They preferred them to the POR pool, when we stayed there...even though the Stars doesn't have a slide.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter