• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Guest of Honor Badges? Order ahead?

DISNEYLOVER70

<font color=blue>Speaks softly but carries a big s
I am sure this has been asked and answered a millions times on these boards................but..............

We are leaving next Thursday and I just read somewhere on another post about how someone had ordered the badges ahead of time. Is it too late for me to do that? And if not, how do I go about doing it?

Thanks guys!

Renee

The badges from Gifts of a Lifetime take a few weeks to ship, so your best bet will be a trip to DTD to purchase them when you arrive......

I see that you're from Rochester - we have dear friends in Fairport. Hope to get back up this fall :D

Have a great trip!

If you have time, just pick them up at Downtown Disney on your arrival day. It doesn't take 5 minutes to get them! ;)

Bummer though, wish I would have thought of it earlier!!! Oh well...........

Yes, I live actually about 15 minutes from Fairport!

Thanks for the information!!

Renee

disneyfan551

I didn't realize they did it that quick! I have also never been to Downtown Disney. Is there a particular store that you have to go to to get them?

Thanks!

Yes, it's very quick!! They do them at DD at either the Christmas Shop, or at a little outdoor shop that sells dolls/toys, which is located right beside of the miniature train. I prefer to get them at the outdoor shop, because there is no waiting, like I always seem to run into whenever I go to the Christmas Shop. As you enter DD, you go towards RFC, the right side of the lake, and it is not far at all.

I can't believe you've never been to DD!! :eek: I absolutely love it, and try to go several times when we visit. Granted, that is the area that I did my College Program internship, so I tend to be a little partial... ;) You will love it! It is a great break from the parks, and you'll still have the Disney magic...

Have a great trip!

disneyfan551

Thanks for all your helpful info!! We will definately be sure to check it out this time around. I haven't ever done DisneyQuest either ! Plan on hitting that too. There are a lot of firsts for us. We haven't done AK, or MGM, or ever stayed on disney property before so we have SO much to look forward to!!

Thanks again!!

Renee

You're welcome! You are going to have so much fun! :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc Just try to relax and enjoy every bit of it. I am soooo jealous...our cruise/land vacation isn't until Nov/Dec... :( It seems so far away!

Make sure that you post your trip report when you get back!! Do you have a dining itinerary yet?

This is what I have going:

Arrive Thurs. about 1:00- Check in at AKL and head over to AK to see the afternoon safari..... Then we have PS for Rainforest Cafe at 6:00

Friday- MK with PS at 1900 Park Faire Cinderella's Gala Feast at 6:30

Sat- MGM

Sunday- AK- do everything since we probably won't see much on Thursday since we won't get there until 2:00 ish and they close at 5:00 I think

Monday- Epcot

Tuesday- Waterparks and DD, and then we are have to leave and go to Universal Studios Tuesday night and spend Wednesday and Thursday at USF/IOA

How does that sound?

We had PS for Ohana's on Tuesday but we had to cancel when we decided to go to USF/IOA

So I really only have two dinner reservations. Is that enough? I just didn't want to have PS everynight and have to be some where all the time, we want to be able to just go with the flow. That is my ammateur itinerary:D

Of course everything is subject to change at a moments notice!!!

If you have any recommendations, shoot em at me, I am grateful for all advice!

Renee

I think it would be a mistake to try and do the Safari when you arrive there on Thursday afternoon. You want to do that first thing when you arrive there for opening on Sunday. You will be there at opening won't you? The animals are more active in the morning anyway. Hardest part about doing the Safari first thing is its a long walk to the back of the park but you avoid lines that way. I would probably do the Jungle Jammin Parade and maybe Lion King show Thursday afternoon. And look around near the Tree of Life and at animal displays around the Oasis Thursday afternoon. Then do the rest on Sunday.

I have a couple other comments about your itinerary but will have to write more later as my lunch break is over.

john

Well, I am no expert or anything, but I did do a lot of research for our first trip to WDW in early April. We had our best family trip ever and its still pretty fresh in my mind so if you are willing I will pass on a couple of things I noticed about your itinerary. I should tell you our party included 3 boys ages 8, 14, and 16. Our itinerary was pretty much hitting the parks every day for 9 days except one day in the middle at Kennedy Space center. We stayed onsite for 4 nights, at Universal's HRH 2 nights and Hotel Royal Plaza in Downtown Disney for 4 nights.

First off, you haven't scheduled any rest days. I don't know the ages of your kids but most sources recommend taking a break from the parks every 3 or 4 days. I kind of considered the day at KSC as a rest day cause we were in the car for a while and didn't have to walk that much. Even though our boys are pretty hardy they were pretty wiped out by the end of the trip. Especially the 8 year old. The water parks are different from the theme parks but can be tiring too. Which brings up another point. You said water parks as in plural. Are you going to try to go to more then one water park in a day and Downtown Disney too? I would choose just one of the 2 and then maybe do DisneyQuest in the evening. Anyway you might get by with your plans if you take afternoon breaks.

If you are doing Fantasmic at MGM you could be out pretty late Saturday night and it will make it tough for you to be at AK early the next morning. It was hard getting our teenagers up early for the parks but was well worth it. We got tons of stuff done before 12:00 each day. We used early entry whenever possible too.

We really enjoyed the Universal parks too. Staying at the HRH gave us front of the line access all day which was fantastic. No running around for Fast Passes. Just show your room key and your in. Loved it!

Well, I hope I haven't bored or offended you. Oh one last thing! I assume you will have Ultimate Park Hopper passes since you are going to AK for just 3 hours the first day. If not you might want to consider going to a park that stays open later or hopping to one after dinner. Maybe to Epcot to see Illuminations or MGM for Fantasmic. Hope this helps. Good luck. Wish we were going back again soon but we live in Seattle so its not very likely.

John

Hi, and thanks, there is a whole lot of info there. I think I might do what you said and not try the safari that thursday afternoon.

No, we only plan one waterpark that day, not two. We just haven't decided which to do. Sorry, we only go every 5 years or so and we are only there for 7 days, so we can't just rest one day. None of us want to do that, not even the kids. They would probably be miserable if we told them we were hanging around the pool for a day! We will break though and we aren't running a marathon while we are in the parks either.

We have the Ultimate Park Hopper passes so we can bounce all over.

Thanks for the info, I am definately going to try hit those rides you recommended on Thursday at AK and not attempt the Safari.

Thanks again and I hope you get back the magic soon!!

Originally posted by DISNEYLOVER70
We just haven't decided which to do. Sorry, we only go every 5 years or so and we are only there for 7 days, so we can't just rest one day. None of us want to do that, not even the kids. They would probably be miserable if we told them we were hanging around the pool for a day!

If you want a lower stress day try enjoying a day of mini golf, visiting WL for the hidden Mickey Scavenger Hunt, Roast Marshmellows with Chip and Dale at FW. This gives you a non-park day, that you can start at whatever time you are ready to get moving and a little less stressful. Obviously, you can add a pool in the middle of this day. Just a thought

Enjoy
Sandy

Hi - just a few quick questions regarding the Guest of Honor badges....................

How much do they cost?
What do they look like?
What do they "do" for you?

I have seem them referred to in a few places and it seems like they are neat to make the kids feel special and possibly get a little extra attention, but I really don't know anything about them. Thanks for any info.

Originally posted by DisneyKidds
Hi - just a few quick questions regarding the Guest of Honor badges....................

How much do they cost?
What do they look like?
What do they "do" for you?

I have seem them referred to in a few places and it seems like they are neat to make the kids feel special and possibly get a little extra attention, but I really don't know anything about them. Thanks for any info.

Here is the link to prepurchase them from Giftsofalifetime.

http://www.giftsofalifetime.com/shopping.html

They are about $5, they look like a cm's name badge. They are usually in red, blue or green, with either Mickey, Pooh or Tigger on them. And, you can have a name engraved on them, not a nickname, though! :rolleyes: They are just neat to have, as the CM's will call your child by name and make them feel extra special. :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

Renee,

Your welcome! I just found my show time card from Animal Kingdom. The times could be a little different when you go but will probably be similar. Pick up a schedule right away when you get there on Thursday. Lion King show times in the afternoon when we were there were 1:45, 2:45, 3:45 and 4:45. They recommend you arrive at least 30 minutes early. I read somewhere that the last show of the day can be very crowded so you might want to avoid that one. Also the Jungle Jammin parade is at 4 so the 2:45 may be your only option if you arrive at 2. Do it first thing when you arrive but don't stress if you miss the LK show on Thursday. Just make sure you do it on Sunday. Its wonderful! Get fass passes right away for "Its Tough To Be a Bug" when you arrive instead.

Lion King is in Camp Minnie Mickie. Depending on the make up of your party there is also Pocohontus animal show there. We didn't do this cause our kids are older but if you have younger children they would probably enjoy it. Afternoon show times when were were there were 2:25, 3:45 and 4:30.

One other comment: AK was a difficult park for my wife cause it was real hot the day we were there. There isn't a lot of shade and she doesn't handle the heat well. Anyway, try to do the outdoor stuff in the morning when you go on Sunday. I imagine the temps will be even warmer now. This is pretty long sorry.
I am hoping the crowds are small for you. Have a great time!

John

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter