Guardians Will Open with VQ and ILL

to join VQ you MUST have an Epcot park reservation (can join from outside the park at 7, but must be inside the park to join at 1.) Hopping to Epcot won't work. I think the only exception is if you are a deluxe resort guest in the park at 6 PM and want to try for the VQ during extended evening hours (only works on a day where Epcot has EEE)

to use ILLS, if you have park hopping capability you can have a reservation at a different park, and hop to Epcot after 2 pm. You must enter the reserved park before hopping to Epcot. The system will only allow you to book an ILLS at 2 pm or after.

ILLS for Rise did keep appearing for about 20-30 minutes after they seemed to sell out a couple of seconds after 7. Rise is the only attraction I have ever purchased ILLS for

Last edited:
to join VQ you MUST have an Epcot park reservation (can join from outside the park at 7, but must be inside the park to join at 1.) Hopping to Epcot won't work. I think the only exception is if you are a deluxe resort guest in the park at 6 PM and want to try for the VQ during extended evening hours (only works on a day where Epcot has EEE)

to use ILLS, if you have park hopping capability you can have a reservation at a different park, and hop to Epcot after 2 pm. You must enter the reserved park before hopping to Epcot. The system will only allow you to book an ILLS at 2 pm or after.

Thanks for the update. We will plan to take advantage of the Extended Evening Hours option as well :)

After reading the Blog Mickey post, it appears that Deluxe Resort Guests do not have to be in Epcot at 6:00 to get the VQ for Extended Evening Hours as long as they have a reservation for Epcot or a Hopper ticket

Our family was well trained in Rise and Remy virtual queue. These are going to be hard to get for a bit. Let’s hope they don’t change to setup too much since we’ll be there Day 2 and DIS won’t have The Method perfected by then…….:disrocks:
I'll be driving in from PA and somewhere on I-4 Day 2 at 7am. Planning on pulling over to click for VQ.

I have Epcot After 4. If I buy an ILL for GOTG but the window is before 4pm, will I be able to use after 4pm?

Can someone explain, if I can get on via VQ without purchasing an ILL for this? Or does it mean they are selling the ILLs via VQ?

Can someone explain, if I can get on via VQ without purchasing an ILL for this? Or does it mean they are selling the ILLs via VQ?
The ILLs and VQ are separate. They will both be available on a first come-first served basis. For those staying "onsite" (which includes a few non-Disney hotels), they will both be available at 7:00. For those staying offsite, the ILL will be available at park open while the VQ will be available at 7:00.

The ILLs and VQ are separate. They will both be available on a first come-first served basis. For those staying "onsite" (which includes a few non-Disney hotels), they will both be available at 7:00. For those staying offsite, the ILL will be available at park open while the VQ will be available at 7:00.
Ok, we are staying onsite, so there is a chance we can ride via virtual queue without paying for it?

I have Epcot After 4. If I buy an ILL for GOTG but the window is before 4pm, will I be able to use after 4pm?
unlike with G+ Lightning Lanes where you are presented a given time if you purchase ILL you 'may' pick your time however it's not guaranteed (though I've heard people getting later (sometimes very much so) times once they get to the confirmation page not earlier so if you book for after 4 you should be solid so long as you have a park pass for epcot (or since it's after 2pm one for another park with hopper access)
YES... VQ is the Standby alternative at the moment so its free

You've got to have valid admission to Epcot. If you don't have valid admission until after 4, my guess is that the system won't let you book any time prior to 4.

We are excited for the opening of GOTG tomorrow. We received the email about the virtual queue but was wondering if it would be available as an ILL ride to purchase tomorrow also? We had planned on trying both ways to make sure we got it.

We are excited for the opening of GOTG tomorrow. We received the email about the virtual queue but was wondering if it would be available as an ILL ride to purchase tomorrow also? We had planned on trying both ways to make sure we got it.
You've been merged with a thread that contains a lot of great information and chatter about this.

Yes it will be available as ILL, but no price yet. The highest price for an ILL thus far has been $15, so best guess it will be $15 or above.

yes. I rode it for a preview. It will be the hot thing for a long time. Not everyone will be able to ride it though.
Without any spoilers .. is there a specific thing you think will keep people away? We are here now and plan to try for tomorrow morning but if it’s super intense I will sit out .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter