Guarantee Status vs. IGT/OGT/VGT

What category GTY cabin did you book? GTY 9C
2. What category and room # did you get? 9B 2106
3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 30
4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover?" Had our fingers-crossed that with the Deck 2 rooms set aside for quarantine that we would be upgraded to a higher deck. But this is just a trade-off with Disney easing other restrictions which makes us happy
5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? N/A
6 What ship are you sailing? Magic
7. What day of the week was your cabin assigned? Friday
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? Afternoon
9. What month is your cruise? April

What category GTY cabin did you book? VTY
2. What category and room # did you get? 05A 7572
3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 17
4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover?" Yes, midship is great
6 What ship are you sailing? Wonder
7. What day of the week was your cabin assigned? Saturday
9. What month is your cruise? March

What category GTY cabin did you book? VGT
2. What category and room # did you get? 11A Standard interior stateroom 7084

You booked VGT and got an interior stateroom? Seems like you should have gotten category 7A or better.

What category GTY cabin did you book? VGT
2. What category and room # did you get? 11A Standard interior stateroom 7084
3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 14
4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover?" Not really happy, although I do 100% understand you can get anything. We are by the kids pool and I was hoping closer to the Cove. Since there are three of us, I was also hoping for a family room. But my mom and my sister will be so happy they are going on a Disney cruise, they won't care, and this cruise is about them, not me.
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? I don't know. I checked last night and it wasn't assigned. It was there when I checked about 4pm, PST
9. What month is your cruise? January (Jan. 28th)

7084 is a 6A - Deluxe Veranda

You booked VGT and got an interior stateroom? Seems like you should have gotten category 7A or better.

Something's off - 7084 is a veranda...a 6A. So either her number is off or something is VERY weird. All Interiors are odd numbers.

Something's off - 7084 is a veranda...a 6A. So either her number is off or something is VERY weird. All Interiors are odd numbers.
You're right... I should have looked at the map. I just was being sure because that would be a very big downgrade!

You're right... I should have looked at the map. I just was being sure because that would be a very big downgrade!

Yeah. I pulled it up too because I thought all the insides were odd-numbered.

Do you typically get an email or alert of some kind that your room got assigned? Or do I stick with my current strategy of just checking multiple times a day?

Do you typically get an email or alert of some kind that your room got assigned? Or do I stick with my current strategy of just checking multiple times a day?

No notification. I belong to a cruise group. Usually a person will post when they get assigned and everyone checks. I usually start checking more often when I get within 14 days of sailing.

What category GTY cabin did you book? GTY 8B
2. What category and room # did you get? 8B 7512
3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 30
4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover?" We are happy with the location and that we are at the front of the ship with the fantasy vibration issue since this is an ocean view room.
6 What ship are you sailing? Fantasy
7. What day of the week was your cabin assigned? Thursday
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? Right after I completed online check in the cabin showed up on my cruise documents.

1. What category GTY cabin did you book? VTY
2. What category and room # did you get? 5B
3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? ~20
4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover?" Thrilled! This is a room we would have chosen by ourselves if we had the option.
5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? We were travelling with people who booked a specific room. Our room is three doors down. Yay!
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? Not sure - I hadn't been looking consistently.

Does the 14 day covid cancellation policy apply to VGT? We are considering a VGT but what happens if we test positive within 14 days or at the port?
Thanks

Does the 14 day covid cancellation policy apply to VGT? We are considering a VGT but what happens if we test positive within 14 days or at the port?
Thanks

You can move the cruise or get a refund. I had my DREAMS agent confirm this before we booked a GTY for in May.

1. What category GTY cabin did you book? VGT
2. What category and room # did you get? 05B 8078
3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 14
4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover?" Yes
6 What ship are you sailing? Dream
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? Morning
9. What month is your cruise?April

1. What category GTY cabin did you book? IGT
2. What category and room # did you get? Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom w/ Veranda 05B - 8524/8526
3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 16
4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover?" Neutral. Thrilled! We’ve never had a veranda before. I would have been happy with any cabin as long as they were connecting. This was a huge upgrade for us.
5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? Yes, connecting.
6 What ship are you sailing? Fantasy
7. What day of the week was your cabin assigned? Wednesday
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? Late afternoon - Between 3:00-4:15

How did you book a connecting room? I thought if I wanted connected I had to choose my rooms and my agent didn’t suggest this. We had two in our party book GTY and the other four I picked.

How did you book a connecting room? I thought if I wanted connected I had to choose my rooms and my agent didn’t suggest this. We had two in our party book GTY and the other four I picked.

It would have been a request only. The only way to come as close as possible to connecting rooms is to book exact room numbers. When you book a category GTY or a *GT you are agreeing that DCL can put you in any stateroom at or above that category.

there is no guarantee that your two rooms will be connecting. It’s a gamble. I’ve done the gty rooms with 2 rooms. Once I got connecting and the other time I did not (we had one room between us). I’m anxiously waiting for my assignment now. Again I booked 2 cabins. Hopefully I’ll be back here to post my results soon. I’m 27 days away from my sail date.

We didn’t book connecting cabins. We chose IGT. You can’t select your stateroom when you book GTY, IGT, OGT or VGT. Our agent linked our reservations. This linkage is visible to the shoreside team when they are assigning your cabin. It’s my understanding they try to put them as close together as possible and many times they are connected. The linked staterooms are assigned before the others. They also take into consideration back to back and try to get the same cabin for both sailings.

As you’ve selected some of your cabins this will be very difficult. If the cabin next to the ones you selected is booked they won’t move someone. As long as your reservations are linked your friends may be on the same floor if there’s availability but not connected.

What category GTY cabin did you book? GTY verandah
2. What category and room # did you get? 5A 7066
3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 10
4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover?" VERY happy! We had originally booked an Oceanview room and switched to GTY verandah room before PIF date. We saved $400 by changing to GTY and the new room costs $2000 more than we paid.
7. What day of the week was your cabin assigned? Monday
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? Between 9-11:30 am PST

What category GTY cabin did you book? GTY 6A
2. What category and room # did you get? 5C 6108
3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 10
4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover?" Looks good to us. Last Aft cabin before the mid cabins start.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter