Group project anyone?

sconnell

DIS Veteran
Ok, I know I haven't been visiting this board much lately, but maybe someone will remember me... :rotfl2:
Now here's my great big fat idea: (tell me if you guys have already discussed this.)
With the loss of photo enhancements for the PhotoPass CD's. What if we started DISigning some enhancments? I would be easy with most of our programs. And they could be done in various proportions. (5x7, 4x6, square...) I know our people could come up with stuff just as good as some of those borders!

ETA: Here are just some of what we have so far!

bethbuchall said:
PoohGangFrame.jpg
bethbuchall said:
bethbuchall said:
MrsHeg said:
bethbuchall said:
bethbuchall said:
MrsHeg said:
julia & nicks mom said:
julia & nicks mom said:

Here is my first attempt. It looks good relatively small (4x5), but it needs to be cleaned up a bit in its original 8x10 size.

PoohGangFrame.jpg

This could get addicting, but I have no time left today.

Beth

That's the one, Marti! I like that one.

This is :offtopic:, but this thread got me playing around with frames on some other photos. I wanted to share this one:

Lauraframed.jpg

Beth

Here is one with Ariel. I made this one to fit an 8x12 so that the dimensions would work for a 4x6. I'm having problems saving the files as gif files, but you can make the white transparent pretty easily.

ArielFrame.jpg

Beth

Tia - you are probably right - it was probably TravelinGal. She made some nice things, too bad she isn't around any more.

Here is the tiger (Tigger) frame in .gif format:

Matthewframe.gif

and in jpeg format:

Tigerframe.jpg

I didn't even think of Tigger when I was making it. My kids' school mascot is a Tiger, so I was making it for that. Maybe I'll jazz it up with some Tigger stuff when I get a chance.

Beth

Here's one of my efforts,

wereoff.jpg

We'll have to take some pics while were loading up for this one.

:artist: :moped: :moped:

Here's my latest. I was working on a shirt for ds to wear on the Albatross Cruise, and I decided to turn it into a frame, too.

PirateMickeyGoofy.jpg

Beth

Steamboat Marti said:
Beth - I really like what you are coming up with. You use Photoshop Elements right? How many layers is the pirate frame??

Thanks, Marti! I do use Photoshop Elements.

The layers are:
1. black frame
2. map frame (map and blue background are one jpeg)
3. Mickey with the chest
4. Goofy
5. red jewel in Goofy's hand
6. red jewel by chest
7. blue jewel by chest
8. green jewel by chest
9. purple jewel by chest
10. 4 layers (copies) of the gold by the chest
11. 2 layers (copies) of the necklace by the chest
12. Walt Disney World 2006
13. Another 0 to form the Mickey head in the 2006

Beth

Someone asked Kate to design a Buzz Lightyear "To First Grade and Beyond" shirt. I took the idea, and designed Miles a "To 2nd Grade and Beyond" shirt for the last day of school (and maybe the first day in the fall, too). Then I used that to make another frame that I'll use for his last day or first day photo.

Here is the 2nd grade and beyond frame:
Buzz2ndgrade.jpg

Here I changed "2nd grade" to "Infinity" and added the "Walt Disney World 2006"
Buzz.jpg

Here is an example with Miles' first day photo from this year in it.
Buzz2ndgradewithMiles.jpg

Beth

UP Disney said:
Beth, I love the infinity & beyond design. I have a request. Could you post the design with the entire star field (instead of the frame). I'm picturing cutting out a person's picture from the background and placing them in the star field. I was thinking it would be a cool graduation poster for Becky's grad next year. Thanks. Vicki

Here you go, Vicki! I also took off the "Walt Disney World 2006."

Buzzfullsky.jpg

Note: It looks like Photobucket shrunk it automatically because of file size. If you want the full-size version, I can e-mail the file to you. Just PM me.

Beth

Tammi67 said:
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but mgkkgdm came up with that quite some time ago.

YOU ARE WRONG.

I did that image. I spent a very long time cleaning up the characters and then adding a bevel and adding the MGM logo on the front of it. It was one of the first designs I did. And your attitude is the EXACT reason that I left this forum. I'm sure that you now know that I did it that you'll find some flaw in it. :sad2:

Thank you TA4U for posting that I made it, and thank you to the person who shall remain anonymous for telling me about this post.

All I was saying is that I saw that design quite some time ago (many many months) in a thread posted by either steamboat marti or mgkkgdm with a picture of their son in it.

If you did it, fine, I don't really care. I was simply pointing out what I saw.

My question is, why are you now so touchy about who really deserves credit for their designs when a few months ago you didn't think it was important?

I just checked the large thread. Steamboat Marti did post the frame with her son in it on the large thread back in January. She had cut his face out of the original background and put Travelin Gal's frame around it. She did give credit to Travelin Gal for designing the frame in her original post and thanked her for it at the time.

Tammi67 said:
My question is, why are you now so touchy about who really deserves credit for their designs when a few months ago you didn't think it was important?

GIVING credit has always been important to me. I even mention the original artists name on a design if I know it. I haven't seen anyone else do that - ever. (Prime example the rustic Hook image that OTHER people have used. The art was by Mike Kupka and I have that listed in the file name as well as posting that information in the thread when I made a design from it.)

That's all I have to say on the subject. I won't be back unless my 'informer' tells me people are claiming my ideas (NOT accusing Steamboat Marti of doing this - she's always been nothing but nice) or stirring up trouble regarding me.

Trust me, I know when y'all are talking about me on the boards. I have quite a few friends here who I keep in touch with. No lurking necessary. :sad2:

UP Disney said:
I just checked the large thread. Steamboat Marti did post the frame with her son in it on the large thread back in January. She had cut his face out of the original background and put Travelin Gal's frame around it. She did give credit to Travelin Gal for designing the frame in her original post and thanked her for it at the time.
Thanks for clearing this up Vicki. That is where the confusion came from. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter