Group of 8--should I try to get 2 smaller ressie's?

bw52

Earning My Ears
I'm trying to get into Ohana--which is all booked. Is there any chance of me getting lucky with a party of 8? Would it be better to try for smaller 2 smaller party reservations--2 parties of 4? And then hope they will seat us together? I just realized that even if someone does cancel, they are prob going to be a smaller party than us, so this is prob a long shot getting in, right?

We tried to book some ADRs on the phone as a party of 12 (4 family units), but didn't get what we wanted, so I went online and booked us as 2 parties (7 plus 5 - we put 2 families on each ADR). We got everything we wanted that way. However, we have 2 res #s - not sure how that would work if you only have 1 res#, because I have heard that Disney may delete ADRs they see that looked double-booked. It's a bit of a hassle to do 2 groups under 2 different res#s - it takes more time. But it can be done.

My advice is to take what you can get and then keep trying to work for the optimum. If two smaller reservations are available, then make those. Use different names and phone numbers and the chances of them being canceled are slim. Realize that you may actually have to split up your party for that meal. They'll try to get your tables close together, but it may just not work out.

Then keep trying for the larger reservation and if you get it, cancel the other.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter