Grossest Thing You've Seen at the Parks

eww...thankfully, no. but she dipped some toilet paper into the toilet and then tried to scrub it off the floor with that. and she wasn't wearing gloves. ugh.

Oh my.....:scared: I wouldn't even do that in my own house, let alone a public restroom. :scared:

If the doctor prescribed them, you didn't have the flu, you had a bacterial infection, or the flu PLUS a bacterial infection. Antibiotics cannot do anything to a virus itself, but they're often prescribed when an infection occurs during or after a virus because your immune system is busy fighting the virus.

Good post..you should see the people that come into the hospital and "demand" an antibiotic for a cold/flu..and some docs will prescribe them(at least they did back in the day, not so much anymore)) just to shut the patient up..This is the reason that many antibiotics aren't effective anymore and one of the reasons for the "superbugs" and other nasties(MRSA, VRE etc) that have been popping up. When you have a cold or the flu, really, the only thing for it is rest and waiting it out.

Ok,back to the topic...I've seen more than a few kids picking up chewed wads of gum from the ground and popping them into their mouths-also have seen quite a few of them drinking the water from various rides.:eek:

I can beat that.

I've seen parents fill up baby bottles from those attractions and attempt to give them to their infants.

:scared1:

OMG!!!!!!!!!!! now I think I am going to hurl

Maybe someone should post about things that have been found in the waters of said rides!!!!!!!!!!! :scared1:

no wait...maybe not... maybe let them think its still a magical world where germs don't live.... i have read too many horror stories of what had been fished out of that water.... :eek: when a tiny bit of water splashed on me during the POC ride I about hurled then :rotfl: :lmao:

OMG!!!!!!!!!!! now I think I am going to hurl

Maybe someone should post about things that have been found in the waters of said rides!!!!!!!!!!! :scared1:

no wait...maybe not... maybe let them think its still a magical world where germs don't live.... i have read too many horror stories of what had been fished out of that water.... :eek: when a tiny bit of water splashed on me during the POC ride I about hurled then :rotfl: :lmao:

Plus I read on another thread that they really don't change that water...just add to it as necessary, I am sure its filtered, but only for debris, and not germs or bacteria, as it is not meant for consumption!:scared1:

Plus I read on another thread that they really don't change that water...just add to it as necessary, I am sure its filtered, but only for debris, and not germs or bacteria, as it is not meant for consumption!:scared1:

from what I read it isn't even filtered :eek: :scared:

NO WAY!!! That cannot be true. How could anyone think that water would be appropriate for drinking? :sad2:
If there's one thing working at The World has taught me it's that many, MANY people do not think the same way I do.

But I assure you: I've seen it and on multiple occasions. And regardless of whether or not I'm actually working, I will say something to the guest before they give it to their child.
Don't forget dead animals...

As for everything else you wrote: yes, the water is pretty much just screened for debris. Additives include chlorine, dyes and other chemicals (Fabric Softener, for example, is added to the water as needed to reduce foam from soaps or detergents).

One thing I can confirm from my contacts in Frontierland: The water in Splash Mountain is considerably cleaner than in other water attractions, mainly because it has to be -- guests aren't going to get as wet in PotC or IaSW.

yeah it is a bit OT, but I'll listen to my doctor before I listen to anyones opinion on a BB. thanks.pirate:

Of course you should listen to your doctor! I don't think I suggested otherwise.

Good post..you should see the people that come into the hospital and "demand" an antibiotic for a cold/flu..and some docs will prescribe them(at least they did back in the day, not so much anymore)) just to shut the patient up..This is the reason that many antibiotics aren't effective anymore and one of the reasons for the "superbugs" and other nasties(MRSA, VRE etc) that have been popping up. When you have a cold or the flu, really, the only thing for it is rest and waiting it out.

Thank you, Luvthemouse! That's exactly where I'm coming from.

Well, here it goes...no FLAMES please!

I was sitting on the bus going to the MK and a lady got on and sat next to me, and put her right foot up over her left leg and I got a real good look at her feet!! :sick: I thought I would vomit. She was wearing flip flops, and her feet looked like she never got a pedicure, or washed them for that matter. Her heals were black and thick gross dead skin, cracked feet....GROSS.... I may be a little high maintenance but I believe you should get a pedicure if your going to wear sandals or flip flops. I also use a foot cream every night to keep my feet looking good inbetween pedicures. If you can't afford the pedicure, do it yourself!

Don't forget dead animals...

Oh. My. I never even thought of that. Now that you mention it, it makes perfect sense, but :scared1:

And just dipping in a baby bottle??? :sick: Some people just have NO common sense. That just may be the grossest thing posted yet. I don't really like vomit either, but at least you can't help it. And maybe we have discovered why there are so many vomiting kids at Disney. . . they got thirsty in line for IASW and mom just dipped them a drink.

Well, here it goes...no FLAMES please!

I was sitting on the bus going to the MK and a lady got on and sat next to me, and put her right foot up over her left leg and I got a real good look at her feet!! :sick: I thought I would vomit. She was wearing flip flops, and her feet looked like she never got a pedicure, or washed them for that matter. Her heals were black and thick gross dead skin, cracked feet....GROSS.... I may be a little high maintenance but I believe you should get a pedicure if your going to wear sandals or flip flops. I also use a foot cream every night to keep my feet looking good inbetween pedicures. If you can't afford the pedicure, do it yourself!

Perhaps she had diabetes. I understand that some forms can manifest as circulation problems in the legs and feet.

OR...she was a little piggy that needed a bath!!!pirate:

That is high maintenance. princess:

There ARE rules for wearing flip flops & other summer footwear! ;)

~~~~~I pledge to follow the Rules when I wear sandals and other open-toe shoes:
I promise to always wear sandals that fit.
My toes will not hang over and touch the ground, nor will my heels spill over the backs. And the sides and tops of my feet will not pudge out between the straps.
I will go polish-free or vow to keep the polish fresh, intact and chip-free. I will not cheat and just touch up my big toe.
I will sand down any mounds of skin before they turn hard and yellow.
I will shave or wax the hairs off my big toe. I won't wear pantyhose even if my misinformed girlfriend, coworker, mother, sister tells me the toe seam really will stay under my toes if I tuck it there.
If a strap breaks, I won't duct-tape, pin, glue or tuck it back into place hoping it will stay put. I will get my shoe fixed or toss it.
I will not live in corn denial; rather I will lean on my good friend Dr. Scholl's if my feet need him.
I will resist the urge to buy jelly shoes at Payless for the low, low price of $4.99 even if my feet are small enough to fit into the kids' sizes.
I will take my toe ring off toward the end of the day if my toes swell and begin to look like Vienna sausages.
I will be brutally honest with my girlfriend/sister/coworker when she asks me if her feet are too ugly to wear sandals. Someone has to tell her that her toes are as long as my fingers and no sandal makes creepy feet look good.
I will promise if I wear flip flops that I will ensure that they actually flip and flop, making the correct noise while walking and I will swear NOT to slide or drag my feet while wearing them.
I will promise to go to my local beauty school at least once per season and have a real pedicure (they are about $20 and worth EVERY penny).
I will promise to throw away any white/off-white sandals that show signs of wear...nothing is tackier than dirty white sandals...

And I agree that dirty feet in flip flops are gross. :scared:

Personally, I have never in all my 26 years of living...had a pedicure. But I almost never were sandals or flip flops (unless I change into them for a water ride.) I also don't have that bad of feet and they are always clean.

But come on....why would someone want to get a pedicure if it's just going to be ruined by walking around WDW? What a waste of time and/or money. Save the pedicures for when you won't be walking miles and miles in the hot weather of Florida.

And feet are ugly...period. Dirty, clean, pedicured, non-pedicured...ugly and gross.

There ARE rules for wearing flip flops & other summer footwear! ;)

~~~~~I pledge to follow the Rules when I wear sandals and other open-toe shoes:
I promise to always wear sandals that fit.
My toes will not hang over and touch the ground, nor will my heels spill over the backs. And the sides and tops of my feet will not pudge out between the straps.
I will go polish-free or vow to keep the polish fresh, intact and chip-free. I will not cheat and just touch up my big toe.
I will sand down any mounds of skin before they turn hard and yellow.
I will shave or wax the hairs off my big toe. I won't wear pantyhose even if my misinformed girlfriend, coworker, mother, sister tells me the toe seam really will stay under my toes if I tuck it there.
If a strap breaks, I won't duct-tape, pin, glue or tuck it back into place hoping it will stay put. I will get my shoe fixed or toss it.
I will not live in corn denial; rather I will lean on my good friend Dr. Scholl's if my feet need him.
I will resist the urge to buy jelly shoes at Payless for the low, low price of $4.99 even if my feet are small enough to fit into the kids' sizes.
I will take my toe ring off toward the end of the day if my toes swell and begin to look like Vienna sausages.
I will be brutally honest with my girlfriend/sister/coworker when she asks me if her feet are too ugly to wear sandals. Someone has to tell her that her toes are as long as my fingers and no sandal makes creepy feet look good.
I will promise if I wear flip flops that I will ensure that they actually flip and flop, making the correct noise while walking and I will swear NOT to slide or drag my feet while wearing them.
I will promise to go to my local beauty school at least once per season and have a real pedicure (they are about $20 and worth EVERY penny).
I will promise to throw away any white/off-white sandals that show signs of wear...nothing is tackier than dirty white sandals...

And I agree that dirty feet in flip flops are gross. :scared:

I think a lot of those rules should go out the window for places like Disneyworld. Nail polish will chip. Sandals will get dirty. Feet will get dirty. Shoes will break.

Personally, I have never in all my 26 years of living...had a pedicure. But I almost never were sandals or flip flops (unless I change into them for a water ride.) I also don't have that bad of feet and they are always clean.

But come on....why would someone want to get a pedicure if it's just going to be ruined by walking around WDW? What a waste of time and/or money. Save the pedicures for when you won't be walking miles and miles in the hot weather of Florida.

And feet are ugly...period. Dirty, clean, pedicured, non-pedicured...ugly and gross.

I couldn't agree more. I have an aversion to feet...anyone else's (except my kiddos!) and I can't stand for anyone to touch mine. Therefore, pedicures are out of the question! I do, however, keep my toenails nicely polished in the summer since I practically live in flip flops or sandals. BUT - I only wear Crocs or tennis shoes in WDW for comfort reasons...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter