Grocery store - specific request

adamak

DIS Veteran
Will be staying in BCV. Plan to do grocery on way from airport (have rental car). Will land around 6pm, hope to get dinner ready that night in BCV by 8:30pm. So timing is crucial too. I need to shop for fresh herbs, good Porterhouse steak, gourmet mustard, ready-made side dishes like salad or soups; wine and beer...etc. I'm looking for grocery stores that (1) not too out of the way (2) obviously have all the above ingredients, esp fresh herbs & alcohol, in one place (3) no super long lines around 6pm-ish so I can get in and out.

Will SuperTarget or Publix fit into these? Other recommendation?

Thanks in advance!

The only grocery store that comes to mind to fit your needs would be Albertsons. There is one right down the road from DTD. Hopefully someone else will post and let ya know if there is something more on your route.

I'm guessing you may have already thought about this, but have you considered ordering from Gardengrocer? Advantage is you can have everything ordered before you go (including beer and wine) and have it delivered to your room or resort so it is waiting for you upon arrival. Could save you a precious 30 minutes or so at least. Disadvantage is that someone else actually goes and picks out your cuts of meat, etc - but we found everything we ordered to be of good quality, and we're "foodies."

Just something to think about. Have a great time!

Will be staying in BCV. Plan to do grocery on way from airport (have rental car). Will land around 6pm, hope to get dinner ready that night in BCV by 8:30pm. So timing is crucial too. I need to shop for fresh herbs, good Porterhouse steak, gourmet mustard, ready-made side dishes like salad or soups; wine and beer...etc. I'm looking for grocery stores that (1) not too out of the way (2) obviously have all the above ingredients, esp fresh herbs & alcohol, in one place (3) no super long lines around 6pm-ish so I can get in and out.

Thanks in advance!

There is an Albertson's off Orange Blossom Trail right on your way from the airport. It has a good selection, but I don't have any idea about the lines at 6pm. They will also shop for you and have it ready for pickup at their customer service center. Super quick. You can fax them your order or call direct and talk to them. HTH.

Thanks in advance!

"good Porterhouse steak" may be hard to find depending on what you are used to. We have yet to find any quality meat in Florida groceries or even in the Southeast for that matter (e.g., Hilton Head). High prices, very low quality on meat.

There is an Albertson's at the same exit as the Super Target on the way from the airport (can't remember address). It's fairly easy to get to as long as you know what you're doing, but I remember the exit to be a mess and a bit confusing. Have only been to the Target, though - and can't comment on meats or prepared foods. We've done the 6 pm thing, though, and Target wasn't too bad.

However, if you used Gardengrocer.com or Wegoshop, as recommended, you're likely to get the best of what you're looking for. They know the local stores and where the good stuff is. From reports, both try very hard to please the customer.

Dirk

Thanks all. I don't see GardenGrocer.com has wine/ beer selection on their website, that's why I thought it might be easier to pick everything up myself.
Am I mistaken? Does Albertson / Supertarget has alcohol or do I have to go somewhere to pick them up separately?

Thanks again.

Gardengrocer will also get beer and wine for you at your request. Just write down your requests in the "comments" section of your order. We had a few bottles of wine and beer delivered by them on our last trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter