gringotts ride for heavy people

Because Disney does it, and on rides that involve MUCH more force/ risk.
I doubt the validity of this claim. I'd love to see some data supporting this. Which rides at WDW, specifically, "involve MUCH more force/risk" than Gringotts and FJ? Can you support this claim with actual numbers?

Newbie here! Is there a list somewhere of the rides with restrictions? I am plus sized and have never worried about fitting into a seat until I read this thread.

Hulk, Dragon Challenge, Dr Doom Fearfall, Mummy, RRR, Forbidden Journey, Gringotts and Dudley Do Right all have test seats outside so there's a chance people with certain body dimensions won't fit.

Other rides too, but we don't hear of them causing issues too often.

There are some rows on Hulk, DC and RRR that can accommodate larger folks. On the Mummy and Gringotts we have seen people switched to the back row. TM are very discreet and don't embarrass anyone from what we have seen the times we've been there.

Did see an unfortunate gentleman not fit on MiB few years back.

The test seats are ideal if you're not sure whether you'll fit or not. It's not about weight, it's how and where you carry your weight that can be an issue.

If you scroll down on the link below to Restraint Systems it'll give you a comprehensive list and explanation.

https://www.universalorlando.com/park-guide/universal-orlando-riders-guide.pdf

I doubt the validity of this claim. I'd love to see some data supporting this. Which rides at WDW, specifically, "involve MUCH more force/risk" than Gringotts and FJ? Can you support this claim with actual numbers?
RNRC for one. No I don't have actual numbers, but it doesn't take an engineering degree to know that it goes faster, and slings you much harder, yet the restraints aren't nearly as restrictive. Anyone with a rudimentary understanding of physics realizes KE is tied to velocity and force to change in velocity. The grater these two are, the grater the strain on ride restraints. I'll see if I can find you some data though.

Whoever thought bringing up this over two year old thread, would become active again ......

RNRC for one. No I don't have actual numbers, but it doesn't take an engineering degree to know that it goes faster, and slings you much harder, yet the restraints aren't nearly as restrictive. Anyone with a rudimentary understanding of physics realizes KE is tied to velocity and force to change in velocity. The grater these two are, the grater the strain on ride restraints. I'll see if I can find you some data though.

RnRC is mostly positive G's though. It shoves you down into your seat instead of up into the restraints. Gringott's while not as wild has a significant section where you are "hanging" by the restraints. That section before the before the drop is probably what defines the restraints.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter