Great Weekend

BRDof3

Humpty Dumpty had a lousy PPO
Took the camper out to a local CG Thursday atternoon. DW and the kids went out after school Thursday (they were off Friday). I worked late Thursday, then went out and stayed with them that night. When I got home from work Friday DW had to come back and get ready for her weekend at work. We tag-teamed it, so that we got a weekend apiece and the kids got several days.

I realized that I never got any pics of the CG or the trailer, but it is just a little CG stuck in the corner of a city park. They're starting to put some money in it, glad to see. It's right on the Missouri River and there is a boatload of space for development, if they would make an effort to create a riverfront. (I am hoping, there is a lot of new grading all along the river). They've built a new playground in addition to the older one, and there is plenty of space for bike riding that also connects to riding trails that go for miles.

A couple of noteworthy pics:

The kids captured a fuzzy caterpiller (sp?) on Friday, and carried it around in a plastic food container covered in foil. After torturing it all day they decided to let it go. For some reason they decided that in order to be free, it had to climb on a stick, then crawl onto this tree. It took forever to get it on the stick, then it kept falling off the tree. Don't ask me why it had to go through so much just to be free.

IMG_1150.jpg

When I got to camp Friday afternoon I discovered a new neighbor had set up next door. Look familiar FW Guy? It's even a Kiwi. I tried to take the pic from the same angle and distance as in your signature line. Every time I walked out the door or around the front of the camper it looked like I had a DIS GG going on.

IMG_1145.jpg

We're going out in a couple of weeks to a KOA west of here that has a Fall Festival all weekend. Halloween decorations, hay rides, pumpkin painting, wine tasting, etc. My brother is across the road, and a friend of his from work is on the other side. That should be a blast. Let's see how many I can get in before Old Man Winter butts in!

Sounds like a nice weekend Rob. I'm glad you all had fun. The KOA fall weekends sound fun too. We have a couple of those lined us as well.

Glad you had a great time, I love it when a whole family gets bit by the camping bug.

Those red Xs are very pretty - have to look at this tonight so I can see the pictures. :lmao:

That looks like a nice little campground. Glad you guys had a good first trip, Rob.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter